Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1653
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely repugs have some ing decency. History will tell.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And even then, they are still orange peddlers.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orange is one crazy er. Can't believe we have concentration camps for children and babies. WTF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump Administration’s Immigration Policy Is This Sadistic

The flu was the cause in three of the at least seven migrant kids’ deaths in U.S. Customs and Border Control custody in the last year. However,

CBP officials are declining to provide flu vaccines at detention facilities to stop the spread of the virus,

A CBP spokeswoman defended the decision on the grounds that supposedly

families wouldn’t be in custody long enough to contract the flu. didn't get the memo

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/u-s-denies-flu-shots-to-migrant-kids-in-custody-despite-deaths/

Congress just gave Trash $4.6B for the border operations

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump Administration’s Immigration Policy Is This Sadistic

The flu was the cause in three of the at least seven migrant kids’ deaths in U.S. Customs and Border Control custody in the last year. However,

CBP officials are declining to provide flu vaccines at detention facilities to stop the spread of the virus,

A CBP spokeswoman defended the decision on the grounds that supposedly

families wouldn’t be in custody long enough to contract the flu. didn't get the memo

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/u-s-denies-flu-shots-to-migrant-kids-in-custody-despite-deaths/

Congress just gave Trash $4.6B for the border operations

Orange creates a problem, congress decides to help the migrants, and orange comes out to indefinitely hold children and babies with those funds. So ing sick.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad the government is cracking down on these sick incels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely repugs have some ing decency. History will tell.
    Power and expediency are everything to them. Values are too sticky, they don't allow for optimal flexibility of means.

Essentially, the GOP and their stans are saying not only that we can't afford to treat immigrants like human beings, but that it is morally necessary to abuse and mistreat them as a deterrent to others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say just make prison cells and cement bunks on either side, 3-4 low hanging bunks on each, 24 to a cell, and a bowl of rice and bread a day. Show the foreign rats what the long of American anti-immigration law is all about, mother ers!
    You realize that most of these people are legal immigrants, and the level of the crime in on par with a traffic ticket.

That will show 'em.

This though, is enough to remove any lingering or modest repect I might have had for you as a person.

Conservatives tend towards evil, and provably so. The widespread condoning, or simple silence in the face of this evil says volumes.

When I say the Republican party is morally and intellectually bankrupt, I have merely to point to this episode to make my case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When even Qhris gives up on something with his usual "TRUMP" battlecry and gallop of someone else's tweets, you know you are probably on the wrong side of something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explaining why so-called Christian evangelicals, 80%+? still support Trash

Conservative Evangelicals Aren’t Hypocrites, They’re Sadists

the formation of the church as a pure community saved out of, and against, the world, racial sociology, and probably more.

The perversity in all of this is first that people like this don’t want their ideas or perspectives challenged.

the social domination it protects is easily conflated with being the instrument of God’s righteous punishment.

Sadists always have to justify themselves.

Faith deployed in service of social hierarchy is also

easily conflated with authoritarian power structures,

Conservative white evangelicals respond to Trump not as a perfect or even good person,

but as an imperfect instrument of God’s work to maintain the sacred order of the world.

The cruelty is indeed the point

because the cruelty manifests the justice that maintains the proper order.

All the evidence indicates that there’s a durable 25% of the US that is unassailably

committed to racial and sexual hierarchy.

That’s the firm base.

https://rewire.news/religion-dispatches/2019/08/20/conservative-evangelicals-arent-hypocrites-theyre-sadists/

25%? that 75M people

racial and sexual hierarchy. ?

eg, the hierarchy of white male supremacy is "religion" to these assholes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Undo ented immigrant who sued former boss for wage theft

detained by ICE during deposition break

Xue Hui Zhang left a courtroom for lunch after giving

a deposition against his former employer, who owes him $200,000 in back wages.

Zhang and his attorney Adam Dong had barely made it to the diner entrance when as many as half a dozen Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents stopped them.

While ICE has arrested people coming and going from courts, it has a memorandum of understanding with the U.S. Department of Labor

not to detain workers in the process of suing an employer over workplace violations.” But that memo dates back to 2011,

Last year in Mississippi,

Koch Foods settled with Latina processing plant workers for nearly $4 million

after they alleged supervisors sexually harassed them, assaulted them, and forced them to work in overall “hostile” conditions.

Earlier this month, that Koch plant was one of several raided by ICE,

"The underlying rationale or reason for the two agencies having this [memorandum of understanding] is to ensure that undo ented employees can pursue their labor law rights without the fear of interference from ICE,"

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1880203

$200K?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump admin weighs letting states, cities deny entry to refugees approved for resettlement in U.S.

A draft order obtained by NBC News says the government

"will resettle refugees only where both the relevant state and local governments have consented."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-weighs-letting-states-cities-deny-entry-refugees-approved-n1044801

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘We’re looking at that very seriously’: Trump considering getting rid of ‘birthright citizenship’ under 14th Amendment

To change an amendment to the U.S. Cons ution,

both houses of Congress must pass the law with two-thirds of a vote.

Then, three-fourths of the state legislatures must approve it.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/were-looking-at-that-very-seriously-trump-considering-getting-rid-of-birthright-citizenship-under-14th-amendment/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

iow, hate-rotted, racist Trash/Miller are wasting their time about changing the Cons ution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the deal with the indefinite detention for Christian asylees?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the deal with the indefinite detention for Christian asylees?
    what's the problem? or why are Trash/Miller/CBP doing?

My guess is, having accepted asylum seekers, they don't want to release them so Miller can figure out some way to kick them out, anyway.

Concentration camps are torture, but dubya told us American doesn't torture? Was dubya lying?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump Administration’s Sustained Attack on the Rights of Immigrant Children

On Wednesday, the Trump Administration announced a sweeping new set of regulations to gut the Flores Agreement. “It is a wholesale attack on kids in custody,”

according to Kevin McAleenan, the acting Secretary of Homeland Security, the government will detain families together for as long as it takes to resolve their immigration claims.

For tens of thousands of families, that could easily amount to months in custody

another critical component of Flores, a requirement that the government keep children in licensed facilities overseen by independent monitors, would also fall away under the Administration’s plan.

McAleenan claimed that “all children in U.S. government custody” would be

“treated with dignity, respect, and special concern for their particular vulnerability.” Orwellian BULL

in
    Clint, Texas, two hundred and fifty infants, children, and teen-agers spent weeks without adequate food and water, and were denied soap and toothbrushes; despite lice and flu outbreaks, authorities skimped on providing medical care.

Nearly three thousand children who turned eighteen while in detention were transferred to Immigration and Customs Enforcement because they “aged out” and were no longer treated as minors.

to devise a series of policies to restrict the number of asylum seekers entering the country. Among the proposals was

separating families at the border and

a move to end the Flores agreement.

“questionable legality.” Trash/Miller don't need no steenkin' legality

The broader consequences of the Administration’s rollback could extend well beyond detention conditions.

“It’s about the next two to three years an immigrant child spends going through the judicial system.”

“The expectation is that the Administration will change the policy regarding the definition of an unaccompanied child. . . .

A child arriving at the border alone will not be declared unaccompanied if they have a parent ‘available’ in the U.S. to care for them.

That means the child will be subject to expedited removal.”

the regulations announced this week will further whittle away the legal rights of immigrant children.

“The change will end up in court immediately,” the official had told me.

But the Administration wanted to send a message anyway. YES! all y'all racists do cheer the brutality

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-trump-administrations-sustained-attack-on-flores-agreement-rights-of-immigrant-children?source=EDT_NYR_EDIT_NEWSLETTER_0_imagenew sletter_Daily_ZZ&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_source=nl&utm_brand=tny&utm_mailing=TNY_Da ily_082219&utm_medium=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c104 8022fcc&cndid=43758549&esrc=&mbid=&utm_term=TNY_Da ily
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-22-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow.

DOJ sends out anti-semitic blog post to immigration judges, because I guess you'd have to be a Jew or something to want to belong to a union:

Publication and dissemination of a white supremacist, anti-semitic website throughout the EOIR is an hetical to the goals and ideals of the Department of Justice,” she wrote. The court, Tabaddor wrote, should immediately withdraw the email and issue an apology to all immigration judges, including those mentioned in the post.

“Separately, EOIR should take all appropriate safety and security measures for all judges given the tone and tenor of this posting,” she wrote.
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml...te-nationalist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another US citizen detained.

He had all his papers and a court ordered him released, but a LA sheriff decided to hold him anyway, for merely being Latino.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-jus...ng-latinx-were

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another bottom-of-the-barrel racist asshole

Trump aide Cuccinelli snaps after CNN’s Camerota shows him pictures of caged kids:

‘I’m not going to take that’ Macho Man vs a lady, of course.

“On one level it protects children, but it also exposes children to the overcrowding. Here’s some of the roll we’ve been playing for months,” she began, only to have the White House official cut her off.

“I know you don’t want real answers. I know you don’t want truth,” he snapped. sez the racist liar

“I want to be able to ask you a question!” she persisted.

“I’m not going to sit back and take that.

I can’t see the pictures you’re showing,” he insisted. That's one way to manage the disaster!

“I guarantee you they’re border agents,” Camerota responded.

“Border patrol — are those Border Patrol facilities?” he asked.

“Yes, these are Border Patrol facilities with overcrowding and not enough room for people inside these cages” Camerota pressed.

“And now children will be held there indefinitely.”

"So we don’t use cages. We use the facilities built in the 1990s and with the last administration, Obama's fault!

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/trump-aide-cuccinelli-snaps-after-cnns-camerota-shows-him-pictures-of-caged-kids-im-not-going-to-take-that/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1222

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ICE and Homeland Security busted pushing right-wing propaganda and conspiracy theories

Multiple federal departments have been pushing far-right propaganda to federal employees.

“An arm of the Justice Department regularly sent summaries and links to articles from an online white nationalist publication over the last year, a BuzzFeed News investigation has found.

In addition, similar newsletters sent to the
    Labor Department,
    ICE,
    HUD and
    the Department of Homeland Security
    , included

links and content from hyperpartisan and conspiracy-oriented publishers,”

“In daily bulletins about media coverage for the department’s Executive Office for Immigration Review,

which runs the nation’s immigration courts, a government contractor sometimes included links to

VDare, an anti-Semitic and racist site whose editor who has claimed that American culture is under threat from non-white peoples.

That contractor, a Dade City, Florida-based company called TechMIS,

also compiles newsletters for other agencies including the

Department of Labor,
    the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and
    the Office of Housing and Urban Development,”

the Western Journal, a hyperpartisan publisher whose founder once questioned if then-Presidential candidate Barack Obama was Muslim, and

the Epoch Times, a newspaper associated with the Chinese Falun Gong movement and whose related media properties have backed QAnon, a conspiracy theory claiming a group of high ranking officials known as the ‘Deep State’ is subverting President Donald Trump’s goals,”

a long history in which

government agencies, and particularly law enforcement agencies, have promoted and enforced white supremacist and racist agendas.

This also unfortunately shows that many white supremacist and far-right publications that seem to be on the ‘fringes’ of society actually have huge mainstream influence and impact,”

“It shows an increasing effort to politically charge the perspective of immigration judges

who are being tasked with being neutral judges who apply the law,”

“The administration has been taking steps to make the court a political weapon

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/ice-and-homeland-security-busted-pushing-right-wing-propaganda-and-conspiracy-theories/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

All Racist Politics, All The Time in the Repug reign of MISgovernance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shakeup of immigration court system threatens migrants’ due process

Congress has given migrants rights. A new rule appears aimed at making sure they don't exercise them.

Migrants may soon have a much harder time finding lawyers and understanding their rights in immigration court, as the Trump administration pursues a major overhaul of the agency that oversees those proceedings.

The crucial office that provides basic legal information to migrants and helps connect some of them to pro-bono immigration lawyers will be merged into a

Trump-created unit widely viewed as the nerve center of his immigration power grab.

The bureaucratic reshuffle leaves the assistance programs “buried deep in the bowels” of an agency that today “never does anything without some ulterior political motive relating to the restrictionist immigration agenda,”

the rule endows EOIR’s director with vast new power to change how immigration laws are applied.

Trump Administration’s ‘weaponization’ of EOIR as a means of implementing restrictionist policies by precedent decision without going through legislation or rule making,”

The Trump administration has repeatedly

pushed immigration judges to set aside those legal niceties

in favor of rapid removal orders for almost everyone they see.

Judges now face discipline if they fail to clear 700 cases per calendar year,

a speed judges have repeatedly said makes a mockery of due process.

https://thinkprogress.org/shakeup-of-immigration-court-system-threatens-migrants-due-process-7ffae9cab289/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barr Is Packing Board of Immigration Appeals with Judges Who Denied Asylum Claims at ‘High Rates’

effort to reduce the number of successful migrant applications for asylum at the border.

Barr has promoted six immigrations judges to the Department of Justice’s Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) — all of whom have “high rates” of denying asylum claims,

The BIA has been given nationwide jurisdiction to hear appeals from certain decisions rendered by immigration judges and by district directors of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in a wide variety of proceedings

BIA decisions are binding on all DHS officers and immigration judges unless modified or overruled by the Attorney General or a federal court.

board’s decisions are to be recognized as binding policy by hundreds of immigration judges across the United States.

Cassidy and Wilson respectively rejected 95.8-percent and and 98.1-percent

of asylum claims between 2013 and 2018; the national denial average was 57.6 percent,

the other rejection rates added to the board:

Hunsucker, 81.6-percent;
    Goodwin, 89.4-percent;
    Gorman, 86.9-percent;
    Couch, 92.1%.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/barr-is-packing-board-of-immigration-appeals-with-judges-who-deny-asylum-claims-at-high-rates/​​
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-23-2019 at 09:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another US citizen detained.

He had all his papers and a court ordered him released, but a LA sheriff decided to hold him anyway, for merely being Latino.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-jus...ng-latinx-were
    but did he lose weight while in detention?

Thread Information