Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1653
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but did he lose weight while in detention?
    If so, he should write the sheriff a thank you note.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Goebbels Miller praises Trump for having the ‘courage to stand up’ and put migrant children in jail

insisted on Sunday that migrant children who have been imprisoned by the Trump administration have “psychological damage” that occurred before they were incarcerated. he knows this how?

insisting that migrants could be processed in 40 to 60 days in most cases.

“These housing facilities are extremely carefully appointed to make sure the rights of migrants are protected,”

“And everything you’ve heard in the media about this is totally 100% false.”

“Ending catch and release is the sole humane course of action.”

Miller also contended that birthright citizenship is not “enshrined” in the 14th Amendment.

In fact,
    most respected legal scholars say that Cons ution does not make any exceptions for birthright citizenship.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/stephen-miller-praises-trump-for-having-the-courage-to-stand-up-and-put-migrant-children-in-jail/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration appears to violate law in forcing asylum seekers back to Mexico

Under the
    Migrant Protection ORWELL! Protocols — better known as Remain in Mexico —

Trump administration officials have pushed 37,578 asylum seekers back across the U.S. southern border in roughly seven months

One-third of the migrants were returned to Mexico from California. The vast majority have been scattered throughout Mexico within the last 60 days.

, the asylum seekers are forced to wait in Mexico,

in cities that the U.S. State Department considers some of the
    most dangerous in the world. "protection"

They have been
    attacked, sexually assaulted, and extorted. A number have died.

Remain in Mexico appear to be violating U.S. law, and the human cost is rising.

The alleged legal violations include denying asylum seekers’ rights and knowingly putting them at risk of physical harm —

against federal regulations and the
    Immigration and Nationality Act,

the foundation of the U.S. immigration system.

U.S. law grants migrants the right to seek protection in the United States.

making it nearly impossible for applicants stuck in Mexico to be notified of any changes to their cases or upcoming court dates.

By missing court hearings, applicants can then be
    permanently barred from asylum in the U.S.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...faedc-80027601

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DHS Blocks House Oversight Staff From Visiting Migrant Detention Centers

Oversight Committee Chair Rep. Elijah mings said DHS is blocking staff from visiting facilities after previous inspections revealed mistreatment of migrants.

DHS told the committee that new restrictions would be placed on staffers’ access to facilities run by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which falls under DHS.

the Inspector General of DHS
    released a report warning of

severe overcrowding
    at some migrant detention centers,

citing dangerous and unsanitary conditions,

like a lack of shower access and room to lie down.

toddlers were being fed age-inappropriate food,

young children were being held in cold rooms without proper clothing, and even that

a Border Patrol agent told a child to drink spilled soup off the floor.

agents pressured them into signing do ents in English without proper translation or phone access

migrants told committee staff that they were being given rotten food and inadequate medical care access,

“That is not the way effective oversight works,” he continued.

“Congress has an independent responsibility under the Cons ution

to determine whether federal programs are operating as they should be ―

not merely to accept the Administration’s word for it.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dhs-b...gEmail__083019

and the $4.6B Congress gave Trash for the border?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump Administration Wants To Start DNA Testing Undo ented Immigrants In Government Custody

A draft rule, seen by BuzzFeed News, said hundreds of thousands of people could have their DNA collected each year if it is fully implemented.

The move will likely inspire the anger of civil liberties and immigrant advocates, who argue that

the government should not draw sensitive personal information from people without being tied to a specific crime.

Administration officials estimate that CBP officials would spend more than 20,000 additional work hours on such a policy in its first year of implementation.

Hundreds of thousands of individuals could have their DNA collected each year if the draft regulation, proposed by the Department of Justice, is fully implemented.

Administration officials cite a statute — the DNA Fingerprint Act of 2005 — that allows federal agencies to collect DNA from individuals in their custody, including those who are not American.

But previous DOJ regulations exempted agencies under the Department of Homeland Security — including CBP and ICE — from conducting such collection in certain cir stances.

In 2010, then–DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano narrowed the exemption, saying people who were not detained on criminal charges and those who were awaiting deportation proceedings would not have their DNA collected.

The current draft proposal would cut the exception all together — opening it up to include people who are awaiting deportation and those who are not charged with a crime, such as undo ented immigrants, to the collection.

Former senior DHS officials said an expansion of DNA collection would likely achieve little, drain resources, and force agents to do work they’d rather not be doing.

“In many ways, it’s unnecessary from a law enforcement perspective,” said John Sandweg, a former senior immigration official in the Obama administration. “I don’t understand what you’re going to get out of it. The idea that some guy crossing the border committed a crime, returned, and came back all undetected is very remote.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/customs-border-ice-rule-draft-dna-testing-undo ented-immig

Racist Repugs going full 1984 Orwellian police state.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Administration Wants to Deport Gravely Ill Migrant Kids

quietly and unexpectedly informed families of

kids with cancer and other grave conditions that they face deportation

because it is ending the federal “medical deferred action” program.

The program has allowed undo ented immigrants to stay in the U.S. without threat of deportation for needed medical treatment that might not be offered in their home country.

“Can the Trump administration sink any lower than threatening to deport sick kids?”

It continued:

Step by malicious step, the Trump administration is

turning the immigration system into an apparatus of appalling intentional cruelty.

The latest case in point is a relatively small program known as “medical deferred action” in which immigrants without legal status who are suffering from serious medical conditions are granted a reprieve from deportation so they can have access to much needed medical treatment in the United States.

Trump halted the program this month, threatening to deport these patients, including children with leukemia, children with muscular dystrophy, children with cystic fibrosis.

The program`s termination means suspending or interrupting the children`s medical care, which

in some cases is virtually a death sentence.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/trump-administration-wants-to-deport-gravely-ill-migrant-kids/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rep. Steve King Claims He Drank ‘Pretty Good’ Toilet Water At Migrant Detention Center

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/steve-king-drink-toilet-water-migrant-detention-center?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Iowa reelected toilet-water drinker for 9 terms!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post-traumatic stress, inconsolable crying:

Watchdog details damage inflicted on separated kids

Children kidnapped from their families at the southern border by the Trump administration

suffered “fear,

feelings of abandonment, and

post-traumatic stress”

as a result of their separation,
    the Health and Human Services watchdog has found,

causing some kids to believe that “their parents had abandoned them,”

while others “expressed acute grief that caused them to cry inconsolably.”, “program directors and mental health clinicians reported that children who believed their parents had abandoned them were angry and confused.”

One program director said that a 7- or 8-year-old boy stolen from his dad “was under the delusion that his father had been killed and

believed that he would also be killed.

This child ultimately required emergency psychiatric care to address his mental health distress.”. “Physical symptoms felt by separated children are manifestations of their psychological pain.

You get a lot of ‘my chest hurts,’

even though everything is fine [medically].

Children describe symptoms,

‘Every heartbeat hurts,’ ‘I can’t feel my heart,’ of emotional pain.”

Because the administration stole kids as young as 4 months old,

“staff reported feeling challenged to care for children who presented different needs from the teenagers they typically served,”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/4/1883348/-Post-traumatic-stress-inconsolable-crying-watchdog-details-damage-inflicted-on-separated-kids?detail=emaildkre

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Post-traumatic stress, inconsolable crying:

Watchdog details damage inflicted on separated kids

Children kidnapped from their families at the southern border by the Trump administration

suffered “fear,

feelings of abandonment, and

post-traumatic stress”

as a result of their separation,
    the Health and Human Services watchdog has found,

causing some kids to believe that “their parents had abandoned them,”

while others “expressed acute grief that caused them to cry inconsolably.”, “program directors and mental health clinicians reported that children who believed their parents had abandoned them were angry and confused.”

One program director said that a 7- or 8-year-old boy stolen from his dad “was under the delusion that his father had been killed and

believed that he would also be killed.

This child ultimately required emergency psychiatric care to address his mental health distress.”. “Physical symptoms felt by separated children are manifestations of their psychological pain.

You get a lot of ‘my chest hurts,’

even though everything is fine [medically].

Children describe symptoms,

‘Every heartbeat hurts,’ ‘I can’t feel my heart,’ of emotional pain.”

Because the administration stole kids as young as 4 months old,

“staff reported feeling challenged to care for children who presented different needs from the teenagers they typically served,”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/4/1883348/-Post-traumatic-stress-inconsolable-crying-watchdog-details-damage-inflicted-on-separated-kids?detail=emaildkre
    Good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our barbarous treatment of desperate migrants is a permanent stain on DJT's escutcheon. On ours as a country too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Our barbarous treatment of desperate migrants is a permanent stain on DJT's escutcheon. On ours as a country too.
    & yet your Hussein caged them to start with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He certainly did, Obama set the table for DJT.

Fwiw, you err in calling him "my" Hussein. I voted for Ron Paul in 2008 and didn't vote for President in 2012.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, that'a something you ought to like about Obama, though it must gall you that Trump has yet to match Obama's deportation levels.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So, that'a something you ought to like about Obama, though it must gall you that Trump has yet to match Obama's deportation levels.
    I never heard about it in that circa. It was kept on the down low by Media until Trump started up.

It ain't from lack of trying by Trump. For some reason Congress didn't fight Hussein like they fight Trump. I wonder why, Winester? I just bet I wonder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never heard about it in that circa. It was kept on the down low by Media until Trump started up.
    Not so, the noise in the media started toward the end of Obama's first term:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/f...-in-detention/

It ain't from lack of trying by Trump. For some reason Congress didn't fight Hussein like they fight Trump. I wonder why, Winester? I just bet I wonder.
    Same reason you give DJT a pass on 12,000 discrete lies since inauguration day: you don't really care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread: Because you didn't hear it doesn't mean nobody was talking about it, it only means you were unaware of it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not so, the noise in the media started toward the end of Obama's first term:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/f...-in-detention/

Same reason you give DJT a pass on 12,000 discrete lies since inauguration day: you don't really care.
    That old (12k lies) is just happy horse . You can buy it, but, I ain't. Just nonsense.

You eat everything Media sets in front of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That old (12k lies) is just happy horse . You can buy it, but, I ain't. Just nonsense.

You eat everything Media sets in front of you.
    How trite.

What are the ready sources of information besides print, radio TV and the internet?

Whatever is discussed around the water cooler or in this forum came from one of these sources or from someone who overheard others discussing something they got in a newspaper, a book, radio or TV, or online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJT is a habitual and compulsive liar. It's not 4D chess, it's pathological.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How trite.

What are the ready sources of information besides print, radio TV and the internet?

Whatever is discussed around the water cooler or in this forum came from one of these sources or from someone who overheard others discussing something they got in a newspaper, a book, radio or TV, or online.
    The 12k lies is a troll job, a childish prank to troll the old man and us, the Base.

Can you imagine CNN assigning some new hire to sit at a desk and gather all that ? & do it seriously And the dumb , dressed in his new work outfit from Target is gung ho, time of his life...."Yes, mom, I'm working on gathering all lies that Trump has made. Gotta go, mom, tomorrow is dress down Friday and I have to find my jeans. Bye, mom."

Good Lord, Winester, and you're in there with 'em. Ain't ya ashamed, a little?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DJT is a habitual and compulsive liar. It's not 4D chess, it's pathological.
    That the 4/D chess is old and silly....the pathological/25 Amendment linkage is strained & unbecoming. You're making an ass of "yourself" & you can't even see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 12k lies is a troll job, a childish prank to troll the old man and us, the Base.

Can you imagine CNN assigning some new hire to sit at a desk and gather all that ? & do it seriously And the dumb , dressed in his new work outfit from Target is gung ho, time of his life...."Yes, mom, I'm working on gathering all lies that Trump has made. Gotta go, mom, tomorrow is dress down Friday and I have to find my jeans. Bye, mom."

Good Lord, Winester, and you're in there with 'em. Ain't ya ashamed, a little?
    I'm not ashamed of having my eyes open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That the 4/D chess is old and silly....the pathological/25 Amendment linkage is strained & unbecoming. You're making an ass of "yourself" & you can't even see it.
    Nah, I don't go for the 25th Amendment stuff. DJT needs to lose next year, that's all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah, I don't go for the 25th Amendment stuff. DJT needs to lose next year, that's all.
    Well, sadly it most likely will happen & you'll have your way and everything will be back like it was during the proceeding 44 before 45. Christ, I dread it like rabies, so I'll just immerse myself into these 17 or so months left. I ain't good at that kind of outlook, but, I got no other choice.

& what'll hurt the worse, Winester? Seeing him disappointed & downtrodden. It'll break my heart. I know it's comin', but, he actually believes he's going to win. Frankly, that's how a winner approaches a test, a battle, a contest. I worry about loss. They strive for the victory and don't vision the loss.

I'm goin' to couch. I'm beat & unfit company.

Thanks for quoting my . & I'm sorry about referencing you as "hole." It won't happen again, old horse.

- Dale

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash/Miller's HATE and White Christian Male Supremacy

Trumpian malevolence continues, as Bahamian refugees are harassed, and conflict is sought elsewhere

===============

The Trump admin would love nothing more than to provoke a highly traumatized, desperate group of Bahamians and Haitians into becoming violent so they could use the images to justify not granting entry/asylum/residency/citizenship, etc., and to further a white supremacist agenda.

=============

Trump says Hurricane Dorian death toll in Bahamas would be higher without his help, as bodies still being counted

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-tweet-bahamas-death-toll-hurricane-dorian-latest-a9095686.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Faceboo k#Echobox=1567863430

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/8/1884299/-Trumpian-malevolence-continues-as-Bahamian-refugees-are-harassed-and-conflict-is-sought-elsewhere?detail=emaildkre

"Have you poor, desperate knitters not heard about Manifest Destiny?"

Thread Information