Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1653
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal Court Reinstates Full Block on Trump Asylum Ban

A federal court has reinstated a nationwide injunction blocking a Trump administration asylum ban

that denied asylum to anyone at the southern border who had transited through a third country en route to the United States.

It follows a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruling last month that narrowed the scope of the injunction to that circuit.

The American Civil Liberties Union, Center for Cons utional Rights, and Southern Poverty Law Center, were in court on September 5 seeking reinstatement of the nationwide injunction. U.S. District Judge Jon Tigar issued the ruling today.

The following reaction is from:

ACLU attorney Lee Gelernt:

“The court recognized there is grave danger facing asylum-seekers along the entire stretch of the southern border.”

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2019/09/09/federal-court-reinstates-full-block-trump-asylum-ban?cd-origin=rss

Trash and MoscowMitch are attacking the 9th by nominating political hacks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump says US must be 'careful' about admitting people from Bahamas

“We have to be very careful. Everybody needs totally proper do entation.

Because look, the Bahamas has some tremendous problems with people going to the Bahamas who weren’t supposed to be there,”

“I don’t want to allow people that weren’t supposed to be in the Bahamas to come into the United States, including some very bad people and some very bad gang members, and some very, very bad drug dealers,” Baby words from the infantile, regressed Trash

Trump’s remarks came after dozens of people evacuating the Bahamas were kicked off of a ferry headed for Florida over confusion regarding their visas.

The individuals were told to disembark the boat because they weren’t traveling with U.S. visas,

Morgan told reporters Monday that the developments were the result of “confusion,” and said the Trump administration would look to process anyone seeking entry into the U.S. from the Bahamas for humanitarian reasons on an expedited basis.

“You can imagine any type of natural disaster like this where you have this huge disaster, a lot of resources going on and responding, there’s going to be some confusion,”

“We are not working and telling a cruise line that you cannot allow anyone without do ents.

That’s just not being done.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/460567-trump-says-us-must-be-careful-about-admitting-people-from-bahamas

Good luck to black people trying to get a visa from Stephen Miller

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. officials ripped a Bahamian girl from her family and sent her to a migrant kids' facility

the United States instead ripped the family apart when U.S. officials separated a 12-year-old girl from her godmother and threw her into a facility that also detains migrant children,

Kaytora Paul had flown from Nassau to Florida on Sunday with her godmother when

Customs and Border Protection took her because she wasn’t traveling with a biological parent, her mom Katty said.

“Trump's cruelty against black and brown people knows no end,” said Families Belong Together chair Jess Morales Rocketto.

“This little girl came to the US fleeing Hurricane Dorian with her godmother at her parents' direction only to be classified as an 'unaccompanied minor' and ripped away from her loved ones.

Now, her family has to start the long process of becoming the child's sponsor

while they face deportation at the end of the month. We demand her immediate release."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/11/1884828/-U-S-officials-ripped-a-Bahamian-girl-from-her-family-and-sent-her-to-a-migrant-kids-facility?detail=emaildkre

America, How Ugly, How Brutal, How Inhumane can you get?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is trying to drastically raise appeal fees in immigration courts to deter asylum seekers

Trump administration is now trying to claw back funds to the Treasury, attempting to profit off the backs of asylum seekers and immigrants.

As reported by BuzzFeed News, the administration is proposing to dramatically increase the cost for filing appeals in deportation cases in a new draft regulation that the publication obtained.

The new proposal would raise the current fee of $110 to $975 for any request for an appeal of an immigration judge’s ruling and to $895 for the reopening or reconsideration of a case in front of the Board of Immigration Appeals.

https://washingtonpress.com/2019/09/17/trump-is-trying-to-drastically-raise-appeal-fees-in-immigration-courts-to-deter-asylum-seekers/?fbclid=IwAR0G0Wld6j2Gq8julpEon8bMv85Cn0X4Jdvj7SOd rxEolkEbEeY2G-nWegY

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas teacher who tried to contact Trump to have her students deported is officially fired

A Texas school board voted unanimously to fire a teacher whose xenophobia was exposed by her own inability to properly use social media.

asked Trump to “clean up” Fort Worth, and

get rid of the undo ented students from her district. She also had other racist things to say, such as

“Texas will not protect whistle blowers.

The Mexicans refuse to honor our flag.”
    the eternal USA flag fetish

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/18/1886285/-Texas-teacher-who-tried-to-contact-Trump-to-have-her-students-deported-is-officially-fired?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. immigration officials are manipulating illiterate migrants.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection often conveniently exploits asylum seekers who cannot read.

Along with an unfamiliarity with our deliberately complex immigration system,

the illiteracy of Central American migrants, especially women,

facilitates the deportation of parents and separation of families.

By manipulating illiterate refugees who often unwittingly sign away their rights,

the U.S. government is violating the basic tenets of the
    internationally recognized and protected right to seek asylum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/18/us-immigration-officials-are-manipulating-illiterate-migrants-this-must-stop/

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    It's always been like that, I think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump admin ignored its own evidence of climate change's impact on migration from Central America

EXCLUSIVE: An internal report obtained by NBC News showed migration surged from those areas where climate change is hurting crops and farmers.

Research compiled one year ago by Customs and Border Protection pointed to an overwhelming factor driving record-setting migration to the U.S. from Guatemala:

Crop shortages were leaving rural Guatemalans, especially in the country's western highlands, in extreme poverty and starving.

migration surged from those areas of Guatemala without reliable subsistence farming or wages from commercial farming jobs.

More than 100,000 Guatemalans headed north last year, and many more followed in fiscal year 2019,

making Guatemala the single largest country
    contributing to undo ented immigration across the U.S. southwest border this year.

Scientists have said the increase in poverty and
    food insecurity driving migration are due to multiple factors, one of which is climate change.

inside the Trump White House, that

message was largely ignored in both policy decisions and messaging around what should be done to
    stem the flow of migrants.

freezing $170 million in foreign aid slated for Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

Over $400 million in fiscal year 2018 foreign aid will also be reprogrammed elsewhere,

including outside the Western Hemisphere.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...mpact-n1056381

Trash would rather LIE with an National Emergency declaration so he could steal $Bs from the military for his ING STUPID WALL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge blocks Trump administration from indefinitely detaining migrant children

The judge found the regulations violated the terms of a 1997 settlement

that set standards for the treatment of migrant children, including

that they must be released from non-licensed facilities within 20 days.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...n=PDB_09282019

Of course, Trash/Miller/Barr/ICE/CBP will give the judge a great big you
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-28-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump admin ignored its own evidence of climate change's impact on migration from Central America

EXCLUSIVE: An internal report obtained by NBC News showed migration surged from those areas where climate change is hurting crops and farmers.

Research compiled one year ago by Customs and Border Protection pointed to an overwhelming factor driving record-setting migration to the U.S. from Guatemala:

Crop shortages were leaving rural Guatemalans, especially in the country's western highlands, in extreme poverty and starving.

migration surged from those areas of Guatemala without reliable subsistence farming or wages from commercial farming jobs.

More than 100,000 Guatemalans headed north last year, and many more followed in fiscal year 2019,

making Guatemala the single largest country
    contributing to undo ented immigration across the U.S. southwest border this year.

Scientists have said the increase in poverty and
    food insecurity driving migration are due to multiple factors, one of which is climate change.

inside the Trump White House, that

message was largely ignored in both policy decisions and messaging around what should be done to
    stem the flow of migrants.

freezing $170 million in foreign aid slated for Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.

Over $400 million in fiscal year 2018 foreign aid will also be reprogrammed elsewhere,

including outside the Western Hemisphere.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...mpact-n1056381

Trash would rather LIE with an National Emergency declaration so he could steal $Bs from the military for his ING STUPID WALL.

Orange is creating his own ing crisis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoot Them in the Legs, Trump Suggested: Inside His Border War

As White House advisers listened astonished,

he ordered them to shut down the entire 2,000-mile border with Mexico — by noon the next day.

Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with

a water-filled trench,

stocked with snakes or alligators,

prompting aides to seek a cost estimate.

He wanted the wall electrified,

with es on top that could pierce human flesh.

After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal.

But later in a meeting, aides recalled,

he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down.

That’s not allowed either, they told him.

“You are making me look like an idiot!”

Mr. Trump shouted, adding in a profanity, as multiple officials in the room described it.
    “I ran on this. It’s my issue.”

Mr. Trump had routinely berated Ms.

Nielsen as ineffective and, worse — at least in his mind —
    not tough-looking enough.

“Lou Dobbs hates you, Ann Coulter hates you, you’re making me look bad,”

“All you care about is your friends in Mexico,” the president snapped, according to people in the room. “I’ve had it. I want it done at noon tomorrow.”

The president’s advisers left the meeting in a near panic.

Every year more than $200 billion worth of American exports flow across the Mexican border.

Closing it would wreck havoc on American farmers and automakers, among many others.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/us/politics/trump-border-wars.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Courts Are Fighting Back Against Trump’s Brutal Immigration Policies

Federal judges just issued rulings protecting immigrant children, slowing fast-track deportations, and restricting ICE detention orders.

lost amid the other headlines this week were three extraordinarily positive judicial rulings.

First, in California,
    Federal Judge Dolly Gee ruled that the terms ofthe Flores agreement, which have the effect of limiting how long immigrant children can be kept in detention, could not be superseded by new Trump administration regulations allowing for indefinite detention.

Then, in quick succession, a Washington, DC, court declared illegal the administration’s plans for
    fast-track deportation of undo ented immigrants arrested anywhere in the United States who can’t prove they have been here continuously for two years.

Finally, in
    Gonzalez v. ICE, a federal district court restricted when and how ICE could request that local police detain immigrants;

the judge ruled that ICE was violating the Fourth Amendment in its catch-all missions against immigrants by mining federal databases that contain inaccurate or incomplete information.

https://www.thenation.com/article/trump-courts-immigrants-refugees/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration plans on collecting DNA from detained migrants

The U.S. government wants to start collecting DNA from detained immigrants to include in a national criminal database,

The database is maintained by the FBI, and used by law enforcement authorities as they attempt to identify suspects.

DNA is collected from people who have been arrested, charged, or convicted of major crimes.

The Department of Justice is working on a federal regulation that gives immigration officers authorization to collect DNA from migrants at detention facilities containing more than 40,000 people

the government would also be able to collect DNA from kids and asylum seekers who enter at legal ports of entry.

"That kind of mass collection alters the purpose of DNA collection from one of criminal investigation

basically to population surveillance,

which is basically contrary to our basic notions of a free, trusting, autonomous society,"

https://theweek.com/speedreads/869393/rick-perry-says- -work-congress-ukraine-probe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash/Miller/etc continue their torturing of immigrants

Trump Administration Responsible For More Than 5,400 Child Separations, ACLU Says

The figure includes more than 1,500 migrant children that were not previously disclosed by the Justice Department.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-administration-child-separations-5400_n_5db27927e4b0ea02257b7329??ncid=newsltushpmg news

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law enforcement / incarceration BLATANTLY are profit-seeking businesses, and govt functions secondarily

A Small County Bets Big on Locking Up Undo ented Immigrants

Jones County has an empty prison and a load of debt. Their solution? Dust off the old prison and fill it with undo ented migrants.

Jones County, a swath of Texas plains home to some 20,000 souls, should have new neighbors:

about 1,000 undo ented immigrant men held in
    Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody.

Local politicians are excited about the project, which should bring more than 200 decent-paying jobs to the cash-strapped county.
    Plus, it’ll let them finally pay off their debts from the last time they bet on prisons—and got burned.

A decade ago, Jones County thought it had a sweet deal with the state to start locking up drug offenders.

The county issued about $35 million in bonds through a public facility corporation, then built a new low-security, 1,100-bed lockup.

The problem? Texas’ 20-year-long incarceration boom was cresting:

The prison system had grown bloated and expensive, and with a recession on, states across the country were under pressure to cut budgets.

The state bailed, never sending any prisoners, leaving poor Jones County with an empty prison and a load of debt.

“When we monetize and gain profit from incarcerating the most vulnerable and needy individuals … that’s kind of a classic definition of sin.”

https://www.texasobserver.org/ice-lockup-jones-county/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash/Miller wants to let local officials veto federal decisions

he has issued

an executive order that requires state and local governments consent—in writing—before refugees can arrive.

So a state could ban refugees even when a city is prepared to welcome them.

A locality can essentially veto a decision by the federal government to admit a fleeing family.

A state could ban refugees even when a city is prepared to welcome them, a locality can essentially veto a decision by the federal government.

That veto power is unprecedented for U.S. refugee resettlement.

Donald Trump used a campaign rally in Minnesota to flaunt the new order,

telling thousands of yelling adherents that they should reject certain individuals—including Somali refugees who have settled in the area.

The jeering crowd was quick to respond to the idea of blocking a non-white population.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru..._campaign=2844

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The racist, brutal in-humanitarians Trash/Miller/DHS/ICE/CBP torturers consider that migrants need less care than livestock

Inside the Rage and Sorrow of the Anti-ICE Doctor Protests

Many medical professionals see denouncing the conditions inside ICE facilities as an extension of the Hippocratic Oath.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/k...ampaign_865555

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After child deaths, doctors pressure Border Patrol to let them administer flu vaccines

The agency has yet to respond to an offer this week to vaccinate 100 migrant parents and children in Border Patrol detention in San Ysidro.

the flu mortality rate among migrant children in Border Patrol custody was nine times that of the general population

last year and giving them until Tuesday to respond to their offer.

By late Tuesday, there was no indication Border Patrol would accept. “this alarming mortality rate cons utes an emergency which threatens the safety of human lives, particularly of children.”

Three youths — ages 2, 6 and 16 — died in Border Patrol custody of the flu during the federal fiscal year that ended in September.

The deaths came as the number of migrant children and families in federal custody reached a record high.

Border Patrol officials say they do not vaccinate migrant families and children
    because their holding areas are supposed to be temporary.

operating a vaccine program is not feasible,” a Border Patrol spokeswoman said. Let them sicken and DIE

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-11-19/la-na-border-patrol-migrant-flu

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems, why aren't Trash/Miller/etc IMPEACHED for violating international law that USA is signed to?

U.S. Has World’s Highest Rate Of Children In Detention: U.N. Study

There are more than 100,000 children in immigration-related custody, violating international law,

Children should only be detained as a measure of last resort and for the shortest time possible, according to the United Nations Global Study on Children Deprived of Liberty.

“Of course separating children,

as was done by the Trump administration, from their parents and even small children at the Mexican-U.S. border

is absolutely prohibited by the
    Convention on the Rights of the Child.

I would call it inhuman treatment for both the parents and the children.” psychological injury is torture, but USA don't torture.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/us-ha...wsltushpmgnews

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report confirms officials failed to track separated families,

planned to steal up to 26,000 kids

border officials failed to implement needed technology to track families being ripped apart. In some cases, investigators said,

officials became aware of a separation only because a different agency tasked with overseeing separated kids notified them about it.

Customs and Border Protection officials apparently devised their own ways to try to track these separations, “but these techniques introduced data errors that further hindered ICE [Enforcement and Removal Operations] officers’ ability to track migrant parents separated from their children.”

“Data errors were so extensive that a Border Patrol Chief expressed embarrassment at the number of inaccuracies do ented by field personnel,”

The cruelty has always been intentional:

The report says that officials proceeded with state-sanctioned kidnapping in 2018

even though they were very much aware after “piloting” family separation in 2017 that

they lacked adequate tracking technology.

They knew there was no system in place,

yet they were prepared to go far beyond this catastrophe:

The report reveals that officials had planned to kidnap upwards of 26,000 children

before a federal judge’s June 2018 order blocked the policy.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...detail=emailLL

Trash/Miller/etc IMPEACHABLE for violating US and International law (Dems won't do )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA is just as ty as any hole country

UN Report Finds Over 7 Million Children Worldwide Are Being Held in Detention

https://truthout.org/video/un-report...-in-detention/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump supporters lose their minds when church shows Nativity scene in immigrant cages

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/trump-supporters-lose-their-minds-when-church-shows-nativity-scene-in-immigrant-cages/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3181

Why are the Dems not impeaching Trash/Miller/etc for violating US and international law, for torturing kids?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Physicians wanting to give detained migrants flu shots turned away by immigration authorities

The group of about 60 doctors and advocates told Customs and Border Protection they could set up a free flu shot clinic for migrants, with 120 doses of the vaccine at the ready.

At least three children in immigration custody have died from the flu this year,

including a 16-year-old from Guatemala, and the physicians first offered to set up the clinic last month.

the Department of Homeland Security's press secretary
    called the doctors a "random group of radical political activists."

The physicians don't consider wanting to keep people alive a radical act.

"More people will die without the vaccine,"

"There's no doubt.

They are being locked in cages in cold weather together, without any vaccination,

in a year that is supposed to bring a horrible flu epidemic."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/883551/physicians-wanting-give-detained-migrants-flu-shots-turned-away-by-immigration-authorities

American law enforcement is fundamentally brutal, murderous sadism

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trash administration knew migrant children would suffer from family separations.

The government ramped up the practice anyway.

Internal emails and reports illustrate a chaotic attempt to track traumatized migrant children seized from parents.

an employee working for the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement described a 5-year-old’s despair at a shelter.

“Minor was separated at the border from his biological mother.

Minor was tearful when he arrived and would not speak or engage in conversation with anyone,” the caregiver wrote in a report. This do ent and others shed light on

a social experiment that was both cruel and chaotic.

Reports of traumatized children were forwarded to the Department of Homeland Security’s Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties,

which is charged with ensuring that national security policies respect cons utional rights.

the office failed to assist children whose suffering was do ented in hundreds of similar complaints the office received last year.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/12/16/trump-administration-knew-family-separations-harm-migrant-children/

sadistic "Cruelty Is The Point"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a steady march of ty news here, and ing crickets from the pro-Trump crowd.

It's almost as if they can't defend it.

Thread Information