Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1653
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's top racist is told to repent by his childhood rabbi in Rosh Hashanah smackdown

as the Guardian reports, Comess-Daniels pulled no punches.

“Honestly, Mr Miller, you’ve set back the Jewish contribution to making the world spiritually whole through your arbitrary division of these desperate people,” the rabbi said.

“The actions that you now encourage President Trump to take make it obvious to me that you didn’t get my, or our, Jewish message.

“This is the season of apology, and to get to an apology, shame over past actions is necessary.

Some shout at others when they are self-righteous enough: you should be ashamed of yourself!

That’s not something I would ever shout or demand.” But Comess-Daniels went on to say it was up to Miller to acknowledge his wrongdoing.

Rabbi Comess-Daniels has no regrets for making his feelings public.

Comess-Daniels made no apology for offering so overtly political a sermon.

“In a free society, some are guilty, all are responsible,” he said.

“Because we want this society to remain free, we will continue to act.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ethnic Cleansing News

JeBo
    earns swift rebuke for telling new immigration judges to show less sympathy

Numerous immigration judges blasted Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III for his remarks to dozens of new judges earlier this week,

where he not only complained about immigration courts that show too much “sympathy” in decisions, but

also claimed that immigration attorneys are “like water seeping through an earthen dam—

to get around the plain words of the [Immigration and Nationality Act] to advance their clients’ interests.”

“We possess brains and hearts, not just one or the other,” said one former immigration judge and current immigration attorney, Jeffrey
    Chase.

“Sessions is characterizing decisions he personally disagrees with as being based on sympathy alone,

when in fact, those decisions were driven by sympathy but based on solid legal reasoning.”

The frightening reality is that the

attorney general has vast power over immigration courts, and

as the latest occupant of that office,

RACIST ING Sessions has made it his mission to have the courts and immigration policy match his nativist radicalism.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That alien looking .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immigrant/asylum seeker/Ethnic Cleansing Business News

Detention of Migrant Children Has Skyrocketed to Highest Levels Ever

Even though hundreds of children separated from their families after crossing the border have been released under court order,

the overall number of detained migrant children has exploded to the highest ever recorded

— a significant counternarrative to the Trump administration’s efforts to reduce the number of undo ented families coming to the United States.

Population levels at federally contracted shelters for migrant children have quietly shot up more than fivefold since last summer, according to data obtained by The New York Times,

reaching a total of 12,800 this month. There were 2,400 such children in custody in May 2017.

Some of those who work in the migrant shelter network say the bottleneck is straining both the children and the system that cares for them.

Most of the children crossed the border alone, without their parents.

Many are teenagers from Central America, and they are housed in a system of more than 100 shelters across the United States, with the highest concentration near the southwest border.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/u...gtype=Homepage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guatemalan parents reunited with son held in detention, but they're worried: 'He's not the same boy'

he began to speak quietly. His answers were short, his words slow.

The mother chalked it up to sadness.

But this week they learned of another possible reason for the change in their son. At a governmental reception center in Guatemala City where the family was reunited Wednesday, Lanuza and her husband, Erik Castillo, learned that

while in Chicago their 12-year-old son had been put on an antipsychotic drug called risperidone

a powerful medication used to treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

It’s also used to control extreme emotions, thoughts and behaviors.

Immigrant advocates have sued the U.S. government, charging that

more than 30 minors have been improperly medicated at federally contracted immigrant shelters without parental or judicial consent.

Justice Department attorneys

have said that the Office of Refugee Resettlement, which oversees the shelters,

has the authority to medicate children without parents’ consent because the youths are in the agency’s custody.

In July, he was given the drug guanfacine, which is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Later, he was given fluoxetine, an antidepressant,

but was eventually taken off the medication because his aggression continued, do ents show.

Abruptly halting treatment with risperidone can cause intense withdrawal symptoms, including irritability, delusions, hallucinations and other psychotic symptoms.

But the family didn’t know all that.

Now,

she wanted to take the boy to a psychiatrist before taking him off the drug.

She worried about the cost.

The family is still struggling to pay more than $5,000 they borrowed for the father and boy to be smuggled to the U.S.
    , she said.

“He probably needs the medicine,” she told her husband.

“I’m his father. They never asked me for permission to give him this drug,” Castillo said. “He won’t need that drug anymore. Those drugs can be addictive. He’ll become dependent on it.”

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-g...13-story.html#

The good doctor agrees to forcibly drugging kids:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number Of Christian Refugees Admitted To The U.S. Falls Over 40% Under Trump

The Trump administration has made it harder for Christians — and all persecuted religious minorities — to find safety in the U.S.

In his relentless push to cut the number of refugees admitted to the U.S.,

President
    Donald Trump has ended up hurting members of a group

he
    once pledged to protect ― Christians fleeing persecution

in countries where they are unable to freely practice their faith.

Early in his presidency,
    Trump promised his evangelical base that Christian refugees would be prioritized.

the White House has made it harder for these persecuted minorities to find a safe haven on America’s shores.

According to
    State Department data, the number of Christian refugees admitted into the U.S. has declined dramatically

Between fiscal years 2017 and 2018, the number of resettled Christian refugees declined about 40 percent.

Compared to 2016, under Obama, this year’s number represents a cut of about 60 percent.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/number-of-christian-refugees-admitted-to-the-us-falls-40-under-trump-administration_us_5b9a8674e4b01151973bac8f?utm_med ium=email&utm_campaign=__TheMorningEmail__091418&u tm_content=__TheMorningEmail__091418+CID_4ae504ca5 c7b08a405af92b811ce4f78&utm_source=Email%20marketi ng%20software&utm_term=fallen%20by%20more%20than%2 040%20percent&ncid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEma il__091418

Who hasn't Trash lied to and betrayed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. Targets Volunteers Who Aided Immigrants

Nine members of No More Deaths, an Arizona faith-based advocacy group, are facing federal charges,

including—for some—harboring and conspiracy.

Their crimes?

Providing food, water and a place to stay for migrants attempting to cross the U.S. border with Mexico.

According to a report from
    The Intercept on Sunday,

the Justice Department is

“fighting to keep the communications of law enforcement officials celebrating [the nine members’] prosecution from becoming public.”

The exhibits include text messages between a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service employee and a Border Patrol agent, in which the Fish and Wildlife

employee declares ‘Love it’ in response to the prosecution of the volunteers.

Described in the text messages as

‘bean droppers,’ volunteers with the group No More Deaths and their organization

are referred to by name in the communications between federal law enforcement officials,

who describe, with apparent glee, the government’s ‘action against them.’

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/u-...ed-immigrants/

Nazi / ethnic cleanser Steven Miller also limiting legal immigration from 30K / year to 15K / year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guatemalan parents reunited with son held in detention, but they're worried: 'He's not the same boy'

he began to speak quietly. His answers were short, his words slow.

The mother chalked it up to sadness.

But this week they learned of another possible reason for the change in their son. At a governmental reception center in Guatemala City where the family was reunited Wednesday, Lanuza and her husband, Erik Castillo, learned that

while in Chicago their 12-year-old son had been put on an antipsychotic drug called risperidone

a powerful medication used to treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

It’s also used to control extreme emotions, thoughts and behaviors.

Immigrant advocates have sued the U.S. government, charging that

more than 30 minors have been improperly medicated at federally contracted immigrant shelters without parental or judicial consent.

Justice Department attorneys

have said that the Office of Refugee Resettlement, which oversees the shelters,

has the authority to medicate children without parents’ consent because the youths are in the agency’s custody.

In July, he was given the drug guanfacine, which is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Later, he was given fluoxetine, an antidepressant,

but was eventually taken off the medication because his aggression continued, do ents show.

Abruptly halting treatment with risperidone can cause intense withdrawal symptoms, including irritability, delusions, hallucinations and other psychotic symptoms.

But the family didn’t know all that.

Now,

she wanted to take the boy to a psychiatrist before taking him off the drug.

She worried about the cost.

The family is still struggling to pay more than $5,000 they borrowed for the father and boy to be smuggled to the U.S.
    , she said.

“He probably needs the medicine,” she told her husband.

“I’m his father. They never asked me for permission to give him this drug,” Castillo said. “He won’t need that drug anymore. Those drugs can be addictive. He’ll become dependent on it.”

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-g...13-story.html#

The good doctor agrees to forcibly drugging kids:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele

I am starting to think that some of these drugs were administered at Trumps klan rallies and helped to form this Trump cult. Look at Chris,TSA,etc - those boys ain't leaving their Cult leader - no matter what!

I just hope they drink the kool-aid when they are ordered to!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US govt child torture continues

Federal Agency Says It Lost Track of 1,488 Migrant Children

Twice in less than a year, the federal government has lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children after placing them in the homes of sponsors across the country, federal officials have acknowledged.

The Health and Human Services Department recently told Senate staffers that

case managers could not find 1,488 children after they made follow-up calls to check on their safety from April through June.

That number represents about 13 percent of all unaccompanied children the administration moved out of shelters and foster homes during that time.

The agency first disclosed that it had lost track of 1,475 children late last year, as it came under fire at a Senate hearing in April.

Lawmakers had asked HHS officials how they had strengthened child protection policies since it came to light that the agency previously had rolled back safeguards meant to keep Central American children from ending up in the hands of human traffickers

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/fe...rant-children/

Are you Trash-fellatin racists happy, satisfied, got the brutal, inhumane racism you voted for?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Funneled $200 Million to ICE from National Security Agencies Even After Congress Criticized Its Spending: Report

ICE is out of control — but Trump is raiding other agencies' budgets to give it money to run even wilder.

this summer, Trump diverted a staggering $200 million from agencies across the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) into the ICE budget.

In addition to FEMA, agencies affected include the
    Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office,
    the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers,
    the Coast Guard,
    the Transportation Security Administration,
    the cybersecurity office, and
    Customs and Border Protection.

Trump's zeal to build up funding for a law enforcement agency notorious for civil rights violations and abuse of immigrants is disturbing,

particularly since Congress deliberately sets ICE's funding where it is to make them prioritize enforcement properly.

According to CNN, even Republican-controlled committees in Congress have criticized ICE for its profligate spending:

The House's 2017 explanatory statement for homeland security funding for that fiscal year, as preserved in the Congressional Record, called

"financial management weaknesses" a continued "particular problem" with ICE's Enforcement and Removal Operations.

"The lack of fiscal discipline and cavalier management of funding for detention operations,

evidenced by inaccurate budget formulation and uneven execution,

seems to be the result of a perception that ERO is funded by an indefinite appropriation," the statement said.

https://www.alternet.org/trump-ice-d...illion-funding

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Children as bait, for Trash/Miller/ Schutzstaffel

Evil': Worst Fears Realized as ICE Arrests Dozens of Family or Guardians Attempting to Retrieve Children From Detention

"If they can't separate families, then lock them up, gut asylum standards, and, now,

arrest family members who come forward to sponsor loved ones."

Confirming the fears of many immigrant families who have declined to step forward and claim children who are being held in detention facilities,

a new report shows that more than 40 people have been arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after doing just that.

CNN
    reported Thursday that between July and early September, at least

41 people have been detained after attempting to retrieve their young family members from government-run detention facilities,

which are now at 92 percent capacity with more than

13,000 children in custody.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...om%20Detention

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Man Behind Trump’s ‘Invisible Wall’

USCIS Director Lee Francis Cissna is

the son of an immigrant,

the son-in-law of a refugee and

a man who says he’s just obsessed with the fair implementation of laws.

So why is he making them so much harder for immigrants?

a number of less scrutinized, more arcane reforms reforms?

were quietly working their way into the most foundational laws governing U.S. immigration.

One was the establishment of a “denaturalization task force” that pledges to investigate immigration fraud and strip away citizenship in such cases—something that’s historically been reserved for serious criminals or terrorists.

Another was a new memo that allows visa officers to deny applications without first requesting more evidence or notifying an applicant.

Then there’s the refugee program, which has been decimated as the administration slashes the level of admissions and redirects its resources to domestic asylum cases—people who have already arrived safely in the United States.

And
    coming soon:

a controversial proposed regulation that could prevent immigrants from obtaining green cards

if they or their family members have used a public benefit, which is expected to include everything from food stamps to health insurance programs.

Lee Francis Cissna, the director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services,

an agency that not only facilitates legal immigration, but historically celebrates it.

Miller is rightly seen as the mastermind of Trump’s far-reaching immigration crackdown, but

Cissna is arguably just as important because he makes it happen.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/20/uscis-director-lee-francis-cissna-profile-220141#nws=mcnewsletter

Trash, Miller, Repugs are all White Male Nationalist racists, nativists, xenophobes, ETHNIC CLEANSERS

Making America White Again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yale Study Finds Twice As Many Undo ented Immigrants As Previous Estimates

A new study, using mathematical modeling on a range of demographic and immigration operations data, suggests that the actual undo ented immigrant population may be more than 22 million.

Even using parameters intentionally aimed at producing an extremely conservative estimate, they found a population of 16.7 million undo ented immigrants.

https://scienceblog.com/503428/yale-...nceBlog.com%29

Miller must have a hard on, drooling, flinging spittle, know the price of domestic, Farted in America, natural gas for ovens is so cheap.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orange is a ing sick .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Did Mike Pompeo Slash the Number of Refugees Allowed in the United States?

Pompeo wanted the number to be consistent with where it was for the current year, after the Trump Administration set it at forty-five thousand—the lowest level since the refugee program began, nearly forty years ago.

He was at odds with an influential figure at the White House, however:

President Trump’s senior policy adviser, Stephen Miller.

When it became clear that Pompeo supported forty-five thousand,

Miller arranged to have the official meeting cancelled.

the Trump Administration announced its plan—

it will reduce the annual refugee cap to thirty thousand.

It was Pompeo who made the announcement, at a press conference in the State Department Treaty Room, but

“Miller’s takeover of the State Department is now complete,”

Miller also allegedly took measures to undercut any senior Administration official who could challenge his position.

after a meeting of officials from the State Department, D.H.S., and the Department of Defense, the White House issued a “summary of conclusions,” which mischaracterized the positions of the Department of Defense and the State Department.

officials who reportedly clashed with Miller on refugee policy—such as Larry Bartlett, at the State Department, and Jennifer Arangio, at the N.S.C.—have been sidelined or fired.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...Q4MTgyNzA5NwS2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to Steven Miller World

Nooses in cells, rotting teeth — report details harsh conditions at Adelanto immigration facility

A Nicaraguan man who was detained at the Adelanto ICE Processing Center died in March 2017 after he was found hanging in his cell from his bedsheets. Not long after, two other detainees also used sheets in an attempt to hang themselves.

When federal officials arrived in May of this year for a surprise inspection of the privately run immigration detention facility, they found nooses made from bedsheets in 15 of 20 cells.

“When we asked two contract guards who oversaw the housing units

why they did not remove the bedsheets, they echoed it was not a high priority,”

many problems posing “significant health and safety risks” identified by federal inspectors at Adelanto, which can house nearly 2,000 detainees as they await the outcome of their immigration cases.

Detainees reported waiting “weeks and months” to see a doctor, and inspectors met with

a dentist who dismissed the necessity of fillings, and

suggested that detainees use string from their socks to floss,

detainees were commonly subjected to disciplinary segregation before being found guilty of violating rules.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...s=mcnewsletter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ongoing, Avoidable Horror of the Trump Administration’s Texas Tent Camp for Migrant Kids

The
    detention camp for migrant kids in Tornillo, Texas, was supposed to be gone by now.

Set up as a temporary “emergency influx shelter” in June, when the government was running out of places to put the kids it was tearing from parents at the border, the camp, located in the desert forty miles southeast of El Paso, was originally scheduled to close on July 13th.

the facility’s capacity was also recently increased, so that

it could accommodate up to thirty-eight hundred kids—some ten times as many kids as it was housing in June. “[T]he intent is to use these temporary facilities only as long as needed,”

The government has discussed Tornillo as if

it’s a necessary response to a crisis “when it’s not a crisis,”

Bob Carey, a former H.H.S. official, told me on Monday. Carey ran the Office of Refugee Resettlement, the branch of H.H.S. responsible for the care of migrant kids, during the final two years of the Obama Administration.

Tornillo was, and is, “a consequence of the actions of the Administration,” he said.

while public attention moved on,

the number of kids in government custody has only gone up. As the Times reported,

there are now more than thirteen thousand migrant kids in government facilities, five times more than a year ago,

and those kids are spending an

average of fifty-nine days in custody, twice as long as a year ago.

“They’re treating these kids like criminals,” another Obama-era H.H.S. official told me.

“That comes at a significant cost to the kids, to their mental health.”

In June, as the Times reported, “federal authorities announced that potential sponsors and other adult members of their households would have to submit fingerprints, and that the data would be shared with immigration authorities.”

Immigration and Customs Enforcement has acknowledged arresting dozens of people who came forward to be sponsors.
    With the way the numbers are trending, it’s hard to see how the need for the tent camp at Tornillo will end.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/curre...r-migrant-kids

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key reason Repugs have not "fixed" or "reformed" immigration, which is a fundamental campaign issue, "not best people, rapists, MS13" for Repugs' racist, xenophobist WMS base.

Nunes Family Farm Uses Undo ented Workers

Devin Nunes (R-CA) as “hypocritical” because Nunes fiercely supports the virulently anti-immigrant Trump —

even though Nunes’ family reportedly employs undo ented immigrants.

Esquire’s Ryan Lizza, who found that the Iowa dairy farm owned by Nunes’ parents has employed undo ented workers.

One source told Lizza that he repeatedly referred undo ented immigrants to the Nunes farm for work, and another man said he had worked on the Nunes farm for 4 years as an undo ented immigrant.

Lizza was able to uncover these details despite a campaign of intimidation that included several Nunes family members following him around town as he worked on the story. One of the vehicles that tailed Lizza even had a vanity plate featuring the name of the Nunes farm, “NuStar.”

http://www.nationalmemo.com/uh-oh-nu...ented-workers/

DEVIN NUNES’S FAMILY FARM IS HIDING A POLITICALLY EXPLOSIVE SECRET

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a23471864/devin-nunes-family-farm-iowa-california/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nunes sells himself and family as California dairy farmers, but his family sold the CA farm and moved to IA, something they work hard, as typical Repug frauds, to keep secret.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Immigration Crackdown Is Blowing Holes In Agency Budgets

Two years of shock-and-awe tactics have altered the missions of several federal departments and left others scrambling for money. And the policy isn’t even working.

Two years in, President Donald Trump’s promised immigration crackdown is hardly on pace to deliver his stated goal of deporting up to 3 million people.

But it has produced something else:

gaping budget holes that the administration has scrambled to fill.

the president has repeatedly ordered sweeping and often improvised changes that gave federal agencies a greater stake in immigration enforcement but muddled their missions.

The sudden policy shifts sparked self-inflicted crises that

regularly required band-aid solutions far more expensive than the status quo.

And to pay for it all, the administration

pulled money from federal agencies that have nothing to do with immigration ― including
    cancer research,
    Head Start and the
    Federal Emergency Management Agency.

It’s policymaking for the Trump era:

rushed, chaotic, expensive —

and ultimately self-defeating.

A Tent Camp For The Price Of A Luxury Hotel

$750 per night, per bed.

For about the same price, the federal government could pay for a deluxe hotel room — with a view of Central Park — at Trump’s Manhattan hotel.

For every month that the Trump administration locks up a single undo ented minor in the Texas desert,

it pays more than the annual cost of putting a student through state college, complete with room and board.

HHS reshuffled about $260 million last month from other parts of its budget,

Among the losers in the battle of priorities are cancer research ($13.3 million), Head Start preschool ($16.7 million) and HIV prevention ($5.7 million).

“They’re overwhelming us,” Dana Leigh Marks, a spokeswoman for the National Association of Immigration Judges, told HuffPost.

“The number of immigration cases coming in continues to be crippling to the court.”

To fund detention and deportation operations, Homeland Security pulled $13 million from Homeland Security Investigation’s domestic investigation budget and an additional $270,000 from its international operations.

The Coast Guard and Transportation Security Administration coughed up tens of millions each.

the Justice Department is spending hundreds of millions of dollars detaining and prosecuting people the Department of Homeland Security aims to deport anyway.

by all the most obvious metrics, it has failed to meet its goals.

With the first three quarters of this year tallied, ICE is on track to deport about 250,000 migrants —

well below the more than 409,000 removals registered in 2012.

with one month left to tally for the fiscal year, arrests for illegal border crossings stand at about 355,000.

Those numbers are among the lowest registered since the 1970s.

But they’re up, modestly, over the previous year,

indicating that Trump’s massive spending —

aimed squarely at scaring potential migrants from trying to cross the border —

isn’t working.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__101018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    declining apprehensions will be touted as proof that tough polices are working. bonus feature of exaggerating the size of the problem.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unending ethnic cleansing news

Kavanaugh backs Trump administration on jailing and deporting immigrants for crimes committed years earlier

Newly seated Justice Brett Kavanaugh spoke up Wednesday in defense of the Trump administration’s view that

legal immigrants with criminal records must be arrested and held for deportation,

even years after they were convicted and completed their sentences.

The debate focuses on when, exactly, is when.

the mandatory detention policy has been applied to lawful immigrants who had lived and worked in the community for decades after being convicted of misdemeanors such as drug possession charges.

The administration argues that a provision of the 1996 law calls for arresting and jailing such immigrants despite their good records since serving their time.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...010-story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is separating an unknown number of families at the border for “fraud”

A new report finds that official family separation statistics

don’t count grandparents split from grandkids, or

parents whose kids are taken due to “insufficient” do entation.

The Trump administration has separated more families at the US-Mexico border than it’s previously admitted —

including untold numbers that were never officially counted as “separations” because

Border Patrol agents claimed the people they were separating weren’t actually families.

And those unofficial separations are likely still ongoing.

The report calculates that more than 6,000 people (including at least 3,000 children) were separated from relatives at the border from late spring to mid-August

(with the bulk of those separations happening before the end of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy, after a public outcry, in late June).

the report also sheds light on another tool that immigration agents have used to separate families:

alleging that the family isn’t really a family at all.

(CBP) officials told Amnesty that cases of suspected “fraud” aren’t reliably counted as separations.

fraud allegations can be used to separate families after they’ve
    presented themselves legally for asylum at a port of entry.

Border officials may be continuing to separate families as a punitive measure by accusing them of fraud — even after the purported end of the separation policy.

“The total number of families forcibly separated, and the trauma they have endured under this abusive practice, are still coming to light,” the Amnesty report says.

But part of that slow process of discovery is realizing how much will never be known.

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/11/17963...still-children

Thread Information