Page 126 of 745 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. no to the CLE deal. Clippers offer still seems the best so far, and it's not even a good one. Unless the Lakers end up offering a King's ransom, I just don't see PATFO trading Kawhi to the enemy. Might have to settle for Jerry West's offer. Maybe get him to take on Patty's contract and give us Lou Williams too.
    I expect Kawhi to be a Spur after the hoopla of tomorrow night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. no to the CLE deal. Clippers offer still seems the best so far, and it's not even a good one. Unless the Lakers end up offering a King's ransom, I just don't see PATFO trading Kawhi to the enemy. Might have to settle for Jerry West's offer. Maybe get him to take on Patty's contract and give us Lou Williams too.
    Harris is not a good player. Much rather have Ingam and not bothering with 12 and 13 pick, which means little unless you luck out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is this Kawhi would have to waive his trade kicker bull Zach Lowe mentions?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-spurs-trades
    So a deal meets the CBA rules.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is not a good player. Much rather have Ingam and not bothering with 12 and 13 pick, which means little unless you luck out.
    With all due respect, you're an idiot. Harris is a good player. He's not a superstar, but he's definitely a solid pro...shoots 40% from 3, plays both forward positions, decent defender. And while 12 and 13 aren't great, those two picks plus 18 might be enough to move into the Top 5 for rebuilding teams that need multiple young prospects.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be doing everything in their power to attempt to repair this enough to get him signed, because the second they do, the leverage pendulum swings in their direction. If they aren't able to truly reconcile over the next year, they'd have control of the process and be able to command max value in a trade.
    I disagree. You offer the supermax if you think he's healthy and committed to the team. He's obviously not the former. I'm not interested in taking the chance on a $219 million contract for a guy I'm just going to trade for pennies on the dollar in a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all due respect, you're an idiot. Harris is a good player. He's not a superstar, but he's definitely a solid pro...shoots 40% from 3, plays both forward positions, decent defender. And while 12 and 13 aren't great, those two picks plus 18 might be enough to move into the Top 5 for rebuilding teams that need multiple young prospects.
    Harris does two things well. Can score and can rebound. Everything else is well under par. He cannot guard 3's well enough. He can't guard 4's well enough. He is a poor passer. He has no basketball iq worthy of a good player. He does not know how to rotate properly. Doesn't screen well. He essentially is just a stat guy. You would know that if you watch him play. He has been traded from Bucks to Magic to Pistons to Clippers. He never wins. Has never played a playoff game. Has shot 40% from 3 for the first time in 7 years. Ingram is in the second season and is up to 39% at 16ppg, and guarding the best wing player every night. Not only that but Ingram has 2 years left on his rookie contract and Harris is on a ing expiring contract. May as well get Love and 8. At least Love has played a ing playoff game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather get the satisfaction of Kawhi sitting at home and drinking for a full season then the right to pay Tobias a 4/$100 million deal next summer to win 50 games and get boned in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris does two things well. Can score and can rebound. Everything else is well under par. He cannot guard 3's well enough. He can't guard 4's well enough. He is a poor passer. He has no basketball iq worthy of a good player. He does not know how to rotate properly. Doesn't screen well. He essentially is just a stat guy. You would know that if you watch him play. He has been traded from Bucks to Magic to Pistons to Clippers. He never wins. Has never played a playoff game. Has shot 40% from 3 for the first time in 7 years. Ingram is in the second season and is up to 39% at 16ppg, and guarding the best wing player every night. Not only that but Ingram has 2 years left on his rookie contract and Harris is on a ing expiring contract. May as well get Love and 8. At least Love has played a ing playoff game.
    Thanks for the lowdown on Harris. I haven't seen him much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The longer this goes on, the more likely he'll be a Spur. The funny thing was they supposedly report to the media that it's not even about the money. It's absolutely about the money. He wants the $219. Spurs don't wanna give it to him and I'm actually with them. If we would have comeback from the injury to play towards the end and looked close to what he was in the past then I would say they should be offering the$219. He sat out all season basically over a "quad injury" and turned last season into a circus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the Spurs? For a team that rarely gets a pick below 25, ONE pick below 20 and TWO below 15 sounds pretty great to me - except for one thing: Poop would send all three guys to the G-League for the season. But all 3 of those picks for a top 5 sounds like a better deal for the team getting 3 picks to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Spurs brass, you don't trade him now. Make his -ass show up to training camp and start the season with the team, and then consider offers at the trade deadline from contending teams wanting a mid-season rental that they hope puts them over the hump, namely Philly, Boston, or even Cleveland if James is still there. Not sure what these teams will offer, but who gives a . Spurs brass might believe they still have some modi of leverage, and want to explore pre-season trade options since there's always the possibility Leonard under performs during that mid-season spell and further kills his value, but what are teams going to realistically offer knowing Leonard is bolting in a year? The Spurs won't get in a pre-season trade, no high draft picks, no young talent, nothing. The best way to maximize leverage is waiting until the mid-season deadline, when teams like Boston, Philly, etc will be desperate for that key piece and have to at the very least offer something decent.

Only organization I can see offering a decent pre-season package is the Clippers, since West might be convinced that Kawhi "wanting to play in LA" also includes the Clippers, but everyone with a brain knows he wants the Lakers and only the Lakers. And the Spurs better not give in and help them build a superteam (rumors are Leonard's camp has been in contact with James' camp) while also caving to Leonard and his dip Uncle's demands. Ultimate point, frustrating Leonard and his camp for another a year is a "bigger win" than trading him pre-season for peanuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. You offer the supermax if you think he's healthy and committed to the team. He's obviously not the former. I'm not interested in taking the chance on a $219 million contract for a guy I'm just going to trade for pennies on the dollar in a year.
    Yeah is he going to change his ways? He wants a trade because his teammates called him out on sitting out when he could play? Why am I going to believe that he's really committed now that he's seekng more money? Confirming that you exaggerated/faked an injury to avoid playing is some serious bull in the NBA. This wasn't closing out the season for a lottery bound team. I'm sure the Spurs will approach things now to mitigate the situation and end up eventually with a decent return for Leonard but surely they have a FU plan...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Spurs brass, you don't trade him now. Make his -ass show up to training camp and start the season with the team, and then consider offers at the trade deadline from contending teams wanting a mid-season rental that they hope puts them over the hump, namely Philly, Boston, or even Cleveland if James is still there. Not sure what these teams will offer, but who gives a . Spurs brass might believe they still have some modi of leverage, and want to explore pre-season trade options since there's always the possibility Leonard under performs during that mid-season spell and further kills his value, but what are teams going to realistically offer knowing Leonard is bolting in a year? The Spurs won't get in a pre-season trade, no high draft picks, no young talent, nothing. The best way to maximize leverage is waiting until the mid-season deadline, when teams like Boston, Philly, etc will be desperate for that key piece and have to at the very least offer something decent.

Only organization I can see offering a decent pre-season package is the Clippers, since West might be convinced that Kawhi "wanting to play in LA" also includes the Clippers, but everyone with a brain knows he wants the Lakers and only the Lakers. And the Spurs better not give in and help them build a superteam (rumors are Leonard's camp has been in contact with James' camp) while also caving to Leonard and his dip Uncle's demands. Ultimate point, frustrating Leonard and his camp for another a year is a "bigger win" than trading him pre-season for peanuts.
    This all day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but would you be pissed in the morning David Robinson said Leonard will sign an extension in 2 days

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do the same thing as mid, assuming there won't be any special deals this Summer, make it as inconvenient as possible for their team..

If that happens and I'm Dennis, my next move is playing the race card and accusing the Spurs organization of modern day slavery, by not releasing Kawhi from the shackles they put on him..

I don't think Pop would be able to stomach that type of accusation..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FU plan is not signing him to supermax or any extension then trading him to some EC contender at the trade deadline next Feb. He's going to have to play next season, can't rehab forever if he wants to get another contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

Those who clearly did not watch Whi in the finals with Grizz & Rockets, and probably on saw a few seconds of Game 1 highlights against GSW. It astounds me the people who have no idea the level Whi was at, media included. You talk with people about Conley & Gasol and the Grizz series and how good they were and you can just tell the peanuts have no idea what went on, didn’t even tune in. People say Whi not in same rung as this guy or that guy. LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL, KD with Rusty W and the lead couldn’t beat those ass clowns but they give you their ty evaluations on Twitter and the like as if they’re sitting next to RC and advising him. LLLLLOLLLLLLLL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do the same thing as mid, assuming there won't be any special deals this Summer, make it as inconvenient as possible for their team..

If that happens and I'm Dennis, my next move is playing the race card and accusing the Spurs organization of modern day slavery, by not releasing Kawhi from the shackles they put on him..

I don't think Pop would be able to stomach that type of accusation..
    Fear is the Spurs are so accommodating, they'll give. They also might be concerned about repairing the PR fallout from this situation that's painted them as incompetent/short sighted in dealing with player health.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fear is the Spurs are so accommodating, they'll give. They also might be concerned about repairing the PR fallout from this situation that's painted them as incompetent/short sighted in dealing with player health.
    Getting fined 250K and starting the “rest” trend should be enough evidence...

Not the “deep quad contusion” guy who’s has setbacks from his doctors when it’s time to play..and now is 100% when it’s time to be dealt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wonder though ... Trading Kawhi now might hurt ticket sales too much, and they're barely moving as it is

It might be better $$$ wise if they sell hope of reconciliation.

Nobody is buying season packages to watch Tobias or Ingram

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are getting murdered as far as PR with players is concerned. I think after this whole thing the chances of anyone ever going to San Antonio is now none.

Not only do you get zero credit in San antonio you also have to play like a slave to pop. Im sure some players deep inside think this way. They need to fix their reputation with players otherwise this team is gonna be lottery bound for 10+ years unlesd they get luck with a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are getting murdered as far as PR with players is concerned. I think after this whole thing the chances of anyone ever going to San Antonio is now none.

Not only do you get zero credit in San antonio you also have to play like a slave to pop. Im sure some players deep inside think this way. They need to fix their reputation with players otherwise this team is gonna be lottery bound for 10+ years unlesd they get luck with a rookie.
    Duncan and Robinson are basically gods there (even when the latter choked before the arrival of the former), and Leonard was on his way to that status. If you want to blame anyone for the "Pop's system" narrative, blame the media. Pop will be first to say he's been extremely lucky with the players he's had. Leonard and his "team" are made. Accept that fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan and Robinson are basically gods there (even when the latter choked before the arrival of the former), and Leonard was on his way to that status. If you want to blame anyone for the "Pop's system" narrative, blame the media. Pop will be first to say he's been extremely lucky with the players he's had. Leonard and his "team" are made. Accept that fact.
    This, all day. It's not Pop's fault that the media props him up so much. He doesn't self-promote, and he's always given credit to Timmy and RC.

The fact is that people don't want to play in SA because it's not a glamorous city in a big market. Doesn't help that the Spurs system hurts players' stats. Duncan, Parker, and Manu could have all had better numbers elsewhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they don’t trade him in the offseason and he keeps up with the shenanigan, Spurs should go 100% rogue and suspend him for not reporting to the team. Then file a grievance at year end opposing his free agency if he doesn’t play.

This is obviously a worst case scenario. If he does play and at a high level, he may requalify for the supermax and his whole calculus could change. While unlikely, it’s better to take the risk on it than trade him for a subpar package now when you have another 7.5 months to move him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Kawhi doesn't come out of this looking like cancer and the Spurs don't come out alright, I'll hope for nothing but the worst career for the mute autist.

Thread Information