Page 281 of 745 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what happens here, I think people will start to realise that Kawhi dogged it & he sat out while he was healthy. The media often support the player in these situations, but eventually they'll look back realise that none of what was being leaked was from his mouth & he was just trusting probably the most disorganised, clueless 'agent' in sports. The fact that he was cleared by the most conservative medical staff in sports along with being 'close' after his 2nd opinion & rehab, then out for the season is a pretty big giveaway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what happens here, I think people will start to realise that Kawhi dogged it & he sat out while he was healthy. The media often support the player in these situations, but eventually they'll look back realise that none of what was being leaked was from his mouth & he was just trusting probably the most disorganised, clueless 'agent' in sports. The fact that he was cleared by the most conservative medical staff in sports along with being 'close' after his 2nd opinion & rehab, then out for the season is a pretty big giveaway.
    I'm very cynical about the media ever being honest about this situation especially if Kawhi goes to the Lakers. I could see them turning a blind eye towards what Kawhi did as long as he makes the Lakers great again.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which team will Kawhi Leonard start the 2018-19 season with?

Forecast Results
    TEAM VOTE (%)
    Spurs 48.5
    Lakers 21.2
    76ers 18.2
    Celtics 12.1

Which team will Kawhi Leonard finish the 2018-19 season with?

Forecast Results
    TEAM VOTE (%)
    Lakers 30.3
    76ers 27.3
    Spurs 24.2
    Celtics 15.2
    Cavaliers 3.0

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rd-paul-george

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say that its easy to just say that the Spurs should just mail it in and rebuild when you're not the one who's job depends on keeping people in the seats. This same spoiled ass fan base that is threatening to quit on the team if they make a bad trade because their star player put them in an unwinnable situation is the same that's not going to sow up when they are going 20-62 for a few years in a row. The Spurs aren't in Philly and they're not going to operate like they are.
    If they trade Kawhi to the Lakers, you think there won't be a massive decline in sales and butts in seats? When it comes to business, trading him to LA and watching him win les as the national media crows about and reinforces the narrative that SA doesn't treat players well ... That is the worst thing they can do.

In this day and age, no one has to be a fan of anyone. Every game from every team in every major sport in the world is accessible in an instant. The only thing that keeps most people fans is an emotional connection.

If the Spurs give Kawhi to the fans most hated rival, and without Duncan, soon to be no Ginobili ... That connection will lessen or sever for so many, the attrition so significant, that the finances of the team may not recover for decades.

The Charlotte Hornets were the NBA's most popular home team, sellouts galore. The toast of the league. But when the fans turned on them due to the owner, that was it. It's been 20 years, and they still aren't back. That's what can happen when the fans collectively move on.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    kyrie is a dead end. PASS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Aldridge back to Portland for Jusuf Nurkic

Nurkic is a bit of a diva, probably more than Aldridge and not nearly as good.

Nurkic is a FA next Summer and I seriously doubt Portland would trade him for LMA considering he’s 10 years younger. They like Nurkic. But he’s set to be paid a lot of money next Summer, and I don’t want to be the team who pays him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saric+Covington+Fultz+Miami's 2021 pick
    That would likely be our best bet, but Fultz isn’t being included in any deal by Philly at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was really hoping this situation would have turned around by now. Instead it's just building momentum toward Kawhi's departure which will be a gut punch. This is a terrible predicament for the Spurs. Wondering if the bad contracts with Mills and Pau are actually a big deal to him. SA has always been the perfect fit for this guy or at least so it always has seemed to me. This out of where drama has blind sided everybody. Very difficult not to think of him in a very negative light at the moment. I never gave a damn that Kawhi wasn't a talker and still don't, but I wish this guy would say what's on his damn mind. If he refuses to go to the locker room, what can the Spurs truly do. I just don't get him now at all but I've really enjoyed watching a player of his caliber. Spurs are going to need some serious fortune going forward to offset losing Kawhi. What they have now is hot crap, promising rookie notwithstanding. I bet Kawhi rarely gets injured going forward, just to stick it to us all the more. Kawhi what's WRONG WITH YOU DUDE???!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you but the Spurs realize Lakers are getting Kawaii regardless so should we get something for him now?
    Not necessarily, if lakers give 2 other players the max kawhi would have to take an even bigger paycut to go there. Clippers go in the driver seat then, plus things can change, for instance he gets traded to Boston and terry rozier becomes his best friend, kawhi refuses to leave him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they trade Kawhi to the Lakers, you think there won't be a massive decline in sales and butts in seats? When it comes to business, trading him to LA and watching him win les as the national media crows about and reinforces the narrative that SA doesn't treat players well ... That is the worst thing they can do.

In this day and age, no one has to be a fan of anyone. Every game from every team in every major sport in the world is accessible in an instant. The only thing that keeps most people fans is an emotional connection.

If the Spurs give Kawhi to the fans most hated rival, and without Duncan, soon to be no Ginobili ... That connection will lessen or sever for so many, the attrition so significant, that the finances of the team may not recover for decades.

The Charlotte Hornets were the NBA's most popular home team, sellouts galore. The toast of the league. But when the fans turned on them due to the owner, that was it. It's been 20 years, and they still aren't back. That's what can happen when the fans collectively move on.
    I grew up in NC so I remember how the Hornets were super popular back in the day with ZO and LJ. They used have sell out crowds that were even better than current day Oracle. Once they traded ZO and then LJ that's when people stopped caring about the team. It also stung to see both ZO and LJ have more success with their new franchises.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides, what's so spoiled about wanting to sit Kawhi and embracing the hard rebuild instead of convincing ourselves that the Spurs can still contend with average replacements?
    There are other players on the team to think about. You want to be selfish and have them keep going through these distractions for a full season? And don’t bring up the money they’re making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I say you either keep him or work out a deal with the 76ers. Boston wants to play low ball and the Lakers players are too immature to play for Pop. The Lakers have shown their hand and said they will go after another allstar if they can't get Kawhi. That means by the end of next season they may not have the money anyway to sign Kawhi. Also, if they do, there are free agents like Tobias Harris and Klay Thompson that could be had and better than anything the Lakers could pull together today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are other players on the team to think about. You want to be selfish and have them keep going through these distractions for a full season? And don’t bring up the money they’re making.
    What players? Other than Aldridge no ones even a starter on a mediocre team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading kawhi to the ing lakers ain’t helping the players on the spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll be fine they are all multi millionaires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the spurs don’t wanna rebuild, I don’t either, you get at least 1 established good player. The best ive heard so far is Irving and some late pick
    Then Kyrie, who is also coming off season-ending knee surgery, bolts to NY for nothing next Summer. Too much risk. Wouldn’t do it unless Brown is part of the package, which he wouldn’t be. Therefor, would much rather trade for draft picks and/or young players under contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading kawhi to the ing lakers ain’t helping the players on the spurs.
    He was talking about sitting Kawhi for a whole season and letting him walk. That doesn’t help either. I’m in the camp that wants SOMETHING back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll be fine they are all multi millionaires.
    I knew someone would challenge me with the money comment. That ain’t stopping Kawhi from whatever mental breakdown he’s having.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew someone would challenge me with the money comment. That ain’t stopping Kawhi from whatever mental breakdown he’s having.
    I'm all for Kawhi suffering a mental breakdown. if he suffers that in front of the team that's karmic justice for all the bs he's pulled this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was talking about sitting Kawhi for a whole season and letting him walk. That doesn’t help either. I’m in the camp that wants SOMETHING back.
    Sign another free agent. There will be free agents available if Leonard walks that's better than anything offered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They made it through last season

How good will they feel knowing the Spurs gave up before they had to and gave away their best player and chance at contention?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign another free agent. There will be free agents available if Leonard walks that's better than anything offered.
    This is more logical and more practical. Spurs are not going to get top notch FA's but the ones they will land would be equivalent or better than what they would get by trading Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What indication do you have that any star wants to come here? Because there is none. It won’t happen. It would barely even have a chance of happening if we’re the only team with cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is more logical and more practical. Spurs are not going to get top notch FA's but the ones they will land would be equivalent or better than what they would get by trading Kawhi.
    I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then Kyrie, who is also coming off season-ending knee surgery, bolts to NY for nothing next Summer. Too much risk. Wouldn’t do it unless Brown is part of the package, which he wouldn’t be. Therefor, would much rather trade for draft picks and/or young players under contract.
    Its not a good deal and id hold out, but to me its the best deal so far. I know he’s mentioned NY but SA was on top of his list last year not sure how much was cause kawhi is/was here. Mid round picks aren’t usually stars. Even top 10 picks are very often meh at best. Go look at some drafts past pick 5, there are 1 or 2 stars/superstars in there and it generally takes a few years

Thread Information