Page 328 of 745 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true but Spurs don’t really chase big name FA’s i.e. CP3, Kyrie and wants to save using D-league players, Eurostash, etc. I get it. It’s the best management in a small market and they’re in the playoffs 21 straight. But sometimes it’s frustrating knowing that we could’ve done more. Spurs pretty much wasted Drobs chances. The best talent was Rodman and we traded him away. Schintzius? 50 yrs old Wilkins. Maybe loosen the purse a little I guess because soon FA’s just can’t wait to jump ship on the next opportunity.
    LaMarcus has been all-NBA 2 of his 3 years, seems he was a pretty good get. They tried for Durant. They would have tried for CP3 but Houston hoodwinked everyone and got him off the market near instantly. And as you say, chasing FA's is the best way to screw up your salary cap too.

The team is always looking long term. But too many want instant fixes here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take this dog for your best asset because you couldn't possibly get better tomorrow. Yeah, why haven't the Spurs pulled the trigger yet?

And before I forget, LeBron James is a fitting 'superstar' for this era. I eagerly await the next ghostwritten letter explaining why he's bailing on his team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see the point of doing any of these trades. It would be like trading David Robinson for Walter Berry and Vinny Del Negro.
    I’ve been on your side throughout in terms of not making a bad trade until you have to. But the reality is PATFO are not going to let this drag into the season. The locker room needs to turn the page, the organization needs to turn the page, and fans need to turn the page. They’re not going to allow constant media questions all year “but what about Kawhi?” They’ll play hardball and hold out as long as they can if it means getting the best deal. But they’ll pull the trigger on a deal - whatever it is - before the season starts. They’re not going to February with this bull .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been on your side throughout in terms of not making a bad trade until you have to. But the reality is PATFO are not going to let this drag into the season. The locker room needs to turn the page, the organization needs to turn the page, and fans need to turn the page. They’re not going to allow constant media questions all year “but what about Kawhi?” They’ll play hardball and hold out as long as they can if it means getting the best deal. But they’ll pull the trigger on a deal - whatever it is - before the season starts. They’re not going to February with this bull .
    I still think holding him and not letting him get on the floor is a viable strategy. The Spurs can say they're just trying to get Kawhi healthy and don't want to rush him back to the press. Might as well get into a staring contest with that got since there is really nothing to lose. And hope he starts getting on his agent's ass to work a trade to somewhere. Make his agent earn the cut he's taking from the mute pos.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Couldn't he look at this whole situation from an outside perspective and figure out that by saying something he could at least put an end to some speculations.
    Yes, he's kept silent for most, if not all of his career, but this isn't some small rumor that doesn't need addressing.

Make it clear, for s sake. I ain't buying the whole introvert thing.
    maybe kawhi has already made it clear to the people who need to know.

kawhi isn't gonna address the media about the situation the same way the spurs won't.

it won't make spurs fans any happier if he comes out and says, "i wanna be with lakers."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think holding him and not letting him get on the floor is a viable strategy. The Spurs can say they're just trying to get Kawhi healthy and don't want to rush him back to the press. Might as well get into a staring contest with that got since there is really nothing to lose. And hope he starts getting on his agent's ass to work a trade to somewhere. Make his agent earn the cut he's taking from the mute pos.
    I hear you and I agree with your strategy. But looking at it practically, this is a proud organization who don’t want this black cloud over the team any longer than it needs to. They’ll say “we’ll take the guys who want to be here” and move on with the best of the ty deals, which I imagine to them is Phi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was this team not in the conference finals last time Leonard was healthy? Did they not win 60 games? Leonard got hurt and they lost the series. This year he sat out and they still made the playoffs. Give me facts as to why they are not committed to winning? The record says they are. The results says they are.
    it was mostley because of Kawhi, but he come to conclusion that he was mistreat with how Pop and FO handle the team not carring enough of winning, i don't want to get into detail of all their poor functioning, but it was very bad front office wise and also coaching wise, since 2014 the team being so underachiever with so miss oportonities to win more, i'm feeling kawhi cause he gave his all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was mostley because of Kawhi, but he come to conclusion that he was mistreat with how Pop and FO handle the team not carring enough of winning, i don't want to get into detail of all their poor functioning, but it was very bad front office wise and also coaching wise, since 2014 the team being so underachiever with so miss oportonities to win more, i'm feeling kawhi cause he gave his all!
    When did this emo got start posting agian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rs-free-agency

Sources: LeBron James has no plans to meet in person with Cavaliers when free agency opens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe kawhi has already made it clear to the people who need to know.

kawhi isn't gonna address the media about the situation the same way the spurs won't.

it won't make spurs fans any happier if he comes out and says, "i wanna be with lakers."
    Then explain his sister running his official fan page pimping how much he loves it here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sources: LeBron James has no plans to meet in person with Cavaliers when free agency opens

He gone. Not that we didn’t know this already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Leonard’s group isn’t sending signals to all teams other than the Lakers that if they trade for him he’ll sit out the year. him let him rot on the bench or sue him for breech of contract.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Why would he, even if he's staying? It's not like there's anything he doesn't already know about the Cavs. The that passes for news now is really something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remind me again how much Kawhi would lose if he signs as free agent next summer versus being traded now. He can get a 4 year deal in both scenarios, but the raises are less without Bird Rights, correct?

So that amount on top of a 5 year deal (possible super max). That’s a lot of cash. Dude must really be pissed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remind me again how much Kawhi would lose if he signs as free agent next summer versus being traded now. He can get a 4 year deal in both scenarios, but the raises are less without Bird Rights, correct?

So that amount on top of a 5 year deal (possible super max). That’s a lot of cash. Uncle must really be pissed.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So that amount on top of a 5 year deal (possible super max). That’s a lot of cash. Dude must really be pissed.
    Someones told him he can make that all up and more with a shoe deal if he goes to LA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear you and I agree with your strategy. But looking at it practically, this is a proud organization who don’t want this black cloud over the team any longer than it needs to. They’ll say “we’ll take the guys who want to be here” and move on with the best of the ty deals, which I imagine to them is Phi.
    Kawhi has already destroyed the reputation of the Spurs. He's dragged the Spurs to the bottom of the pit. The Spurs can't get any lower than where they are now. I'm all for keeping Kawhi for next season and waiting until the trade deadline to get better offers or even having him play a full year if the Spurs can't get a good deal. Spurs can't sink any lower reputation wise then where they are at but they have great opportunity to destroy Kawhi's reputation and bring him down to their level. Which is what I'm aiming for. Most is going to come out on this scam artist as time goes on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not caring enough about winning? Did you even watch the Spurs this past season? I thought this past season was one of Pop's better coaching performances in quite some time. I don't know where you get this crazy idea he doesn't care about winning from.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someones told him he can make that all up and more with a shoe deal if he goes to LA
    Doubt that. He might can get better endorsements, but not enough to make up the difference IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt that. He might can get better endorsements, but not enough to make up the difference IMO
    I agree that It won't make up the difference but no doubt his camp is expecting better endorsements to soften the blow by going to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not caring enough about winning? Did you even watch the Spurs this past season? I thought this past season was one of Pop's better coaching performances in quite some time. I don't know where you get this crazy idea he doesn't care about winning from.
    I'm talking before last season...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think SA/LA/PHX are hammering out a three team trade as we speak. Just spit balling here but it’ll probably look something like this (below). PHX is in need of a point guard & supposedly wanted Ball going into the ‘17 draft. LA will likely have to send a pick with Ball to the Suns as tax for their desperation. I know this looks pretty lopsided on paper but you have to remember that LA is basically trading us for Kawhi & Lebron. LA acquiring Kawhi is the only chance they have to land Lebron so we can basically name our price. Problem is, LA knows they don’t have enough assets to bring us to the table so that’s why this’ll more than likely be a three way trade. I think PATFO would be wise to request future future picks. The #29 pick in the draft is just not very valuable. Come 2022 lebron will be 37 & might not even be in LA anymore so those future future 1st rounders could end up lookin like the future picks the C’s got from the Nets. I really think LA will pay whatever it takes to get kawhi. I would literally rape the outta them if I was PATFO. If only the lakers would’ve taken Jayson Tatum over Ball though! Why?!?! Or Jaylen Brown over Ingram! If the lakers would’ve just drafted better of late we could have pulled off something really special.

LA gets Kawhi + Danny Green

Spurs get Josh Jackson + Ingram + Kouzma + Hart + LA’s 2022 first rounder + LA’s 2023 first rounder

Suns get Lonzo Ball + LA’s 2019 second rounder

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think SA/LA/PHX are hammering out a three team trade as we speak. Just spit balling here but it’ll probably look something like this (below). PHX is in need of a point guard & supposedly wanted Ball going into the ‘17 draft. LA will likely have to send a pick with Ball to the Suns as tax for their desperation. I know this looks pretty lopsided on paper but you have to remember that LA is basically trading us for Kawhi & Lebron. LA acquiring Kawhi is the only chance they have to land Lebron so we can basically name our price. Problem is, LA knows they don’t have enough assets to bring us to the table so that’s why this’ll more than likely be a three way trade. I think PATFO would be wise to request future future picks. The #29 pick in the draft is just not very valuable. Come 2022 lebron will be 37 & might not even be in LA anymore so those future future 1st rounders could end up lookin like the future picks the C’s got from the Nets. I really think LA will pay whatever it takes to get kawhi. I would literally rape the outta them if I was PATFO. If only the lakers would’ve taken Jayson Tatum over Ball though! Why?!?! Or Jaylen Brown over Ingram! If the lakers would’ve just drafted better of late we could have pulled off something really special.

LA gets Kawhi + Danny Green

Spurs get Josh Jackson + Ingram + Kouzma + Hart + LA’s 2022 first rounder + LA’s 2023 first rounder

Suns get Lonzo Ball + LA’s 2019 second rounder
    As much as this sounds like a great idea, I doubt the Lakers will give up this much.

Thread Information