Page 481 of 745 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,025 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was all of this framed in terms of an injury?

Why not just give the Spurs (your $20 million/year employer) a chance to address your real concerns?

I know, I'm just old fashioned . . .

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we want a player who is willing to fake an injury?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds to me like just a starting point, where you hope through negotiation you end up somewhere in the middle. Also, sounds like Lakers are justifying to their fans why Kawhi is still in SA, since earlier Chris Carter was sending a message to Magic to get this deal done and not wait for a PG situation.
    Or maybe they're just messing with the Lakers at this point, with no intention of actually following through on any deal with them. Just because...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother er got damn right there are rules. How do you think that Gregg Popovich coached teams that won five NBA championships in three consecutive decades? He would've had six but some mother er couldn't get a rebound back in 2013. this . And how many Super Bowls did your Cris ing Carter win? your dumbass uncle you goddam deaf mute stop hiding behind his skirt.

And so on.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If I was Magic I would just keep Ingram and Kuzma and wait for Kawhi to show up drooling to sign with the Lakers next season. Spurs should have pulled the trigger on a deal before James signed. Now that they have him they have less pressure to make a trade unless the Cousins signing has increased the need for another superstar. It would be foolish to give Ingram and Kuzma up knowing Leonard wants to be there next season.

We still don't know what was on the table before LeBron signed, it's possible Magic has been low balling the Spurs the whole time, offers won't get any better. They may give up Ingram for Kawhi because of the Cousins signing but I wouldn't if I was Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG doing the Lord’s work.

I wanted to come here a year ago prior to going to OKC. Unfortunately, I wasn't traded to the Lakers. The Lakers didn't grab me. I was traded to Oklahoma. And that has been a beautiful thing for me."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...t-Trade-For-Me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe they're just messing with the Lakers at this point, with no intention of actually following through on any deal with them. Just because...
    I think they are making a legit effort for Kawhi's sake. I suspect the honest conversation they had with him is that he would be traded if the Spurs got a good haul for him. Pop admitted he had a similar conversation with Lamarcus where they told him they wouldn't get enough for him to make it worth their while, but they tried. I think they are trying, but don't have to take scraps or offers that are not sufficient.

Just my belief that I don't think Spurs would be dishonest.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    “My sources say they’re asking for Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 Firsts, and 2 pick swaps.”

Done deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk if you've watched parks and rec but he reminds me of Jean Ralphio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol at the entire NBA.

"spurs losing leverage"
    "spurs just need to bite the bullet"
    "just trade him to LA and get it over with"
    "risk losing him for nothing"

spurs just laughing at everyone saying it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bolded part is definitely an Uncle Dennis problem. Kawhi wouldn't care about such things. There seems to be a conflict of interest in that player-agent relationship.
    You are monumentally naive. LeBron set up and funded Klutch, and staffed it with friends and family. He’s also their chief recruiter. The Group is definitely trying to take a few pages out of that book, and Kawhi will definitely be heavily involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are monumentally naive. LeBron set up and funded Klutch, and staffed it with friends and family. He’s also their chief recruiter. The Group is definitely trying to take a few pages out of that book, and Kawhi will definitely be heavily involved.
    I am not being naive... I think you missed the point of what I was saying but it's fine. I know about Klutch and lebron's own group. It's possible Kawhi is more involved than he looks to be, but I do think the Uncle is a lot more into that stuff than Kawhi himself is. Maybe I misjudge Kawhi himself but it's too difficult to identify this as not coming from the Uncle when it wasn't an issue b4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if the requested endorsement was selling jersey space to uncle d’s Impact Sports or whatever his s company is called.

What if somehow uncle d wanted to get spurs org involved in his shady dealings via Kawhi and they were like nah son and now it’s “they don’t allow Kawhi to be endorsed by who he wants”
    I'd bet money that's probably the root of this.

It's the first salvo in the, "I'm a modern day slave" argument.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting ready for the trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should just keep him at this point. Let him play out the season and see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker media trying to drive the price down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at the entire NBA.

"spurs losing leverage"
    "spurs just need to bite the bullet"
    "just trade him to LA and get it over with"
    "risk losing him for nothing"

spurs just laughing at everyone saying it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we want a player who is willing to fake an injury?

Yeah, probably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys making a big deal about 400 page threads haven't seen anything. I think "Kersey for Abdur-Rahim" hit 2,700.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys making a big deal about 400 page threads haven't seen anything. I think "Kersey for Abdur-Rahim" hit 2,700.
    Just today I was chiding a co-worker who was trying to argue Ingram’s floor is Abdur-Rahim

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That rules out the Lakers, then. Magic forgot the three-point line existed when he put that team together.
    Condoms and the three point line. Oops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly what I said happen. I said that is why LA is probably actually pissing Kawhi off right now too. Kawhi is taking a huge PR hit and risk forcing his way there and LA is basically saying “you aren’t worth Ingram/Kuz/Hart+picks AND we want to be able to pay you 45M less than you can get”.

They are truly going to alienate Kawhi which is why you see Cris Carter saying what he’s saying, why you are hearing the Clippers rumors and even Jabari is saying Kawhi would consider re-signing with PHI now. Kawhi needs to push LA to do a big deal or truly risk losing him like they did PG.

La has sucked for 5 years, will still be mediocre with Lebron and they are basically telling Kawhi “nah, we can wait?” Idiots.

Thread Information