Page 603 of 745 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613653703 ... LastLast
Results 15,051 to 15,075 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be off a bit but I really get the feeling that Cris Carter doesn’t understand the difference between NFL/NBA.

He keeps mentioning “holding out” or not showing up.. that’s just not how it works in the NBA. I feel like he’s thinking from an NFL perspective..

He may be connected with’s Kawhi camp but he just seems way off on his reasoning or explanation.

I also don’t understand that he’s been “holding” the dialogue between Pop/Kawhi meeting...that just shows there’s a narrative or agenda at play and it wouldn’t “fit” if he talked about it once he heard.

Seriously the media..always trying to ruin the world lol
    How does Chris Carter even have a connection to "Uncle Dennis" anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Carter’s NFL agent (his first one) is Kawhi’s agent now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe that Kiwi's new agent is Carter's old agent.....or something like that.

Edit: DPG beat me to it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi ends up playing where he wants to play next summer (Lakers/Clippers/Sixers/Where ever) - his management team has done its job.

With respect to the money: 5 years/$222 million vs 4 years/$147 million is a $75 million gap on paper, but if Kawhi is back to being Kawhi, he doesn't sign a 4 year deal next summer, he signs a 1+1 or 2+1, opts out at 29 or 30, and on his 2nd deal he makes up most of the difference with the bigger cap.

I believe the difference between accepting 5/$222M from the Spurs and signing a 2 year max elsewhere & then reupping for 3 more is about $8 million.

Moreover, Dave Chappelle told people it was easy for him to walk away from a $50 million dollar contract with Comedy Central because he was still making millions of dollars and his lifestyle wasn't going to change. Worst case, if Kawhi signs for the straight 4/147 instead of 5/222 - will he notice the difference in his lifestyle? No, especially if he can still add a 5th year later for 40 million.

As for the state taxes - the only people who'll notice it are the accountants, and the tax hit is not as big as you think. Players pay taxes IN THE STATE WHERE THE GAME IS PLAYED, so he'll get 20+ games tax free. Plus, sales taxes, property taxes, luxury taxes and the like are MUCH higher in Texas & Florida than in California, so the effective difference is even smaller. That's why Shaq bolted from Orlando to the Lakers - the Magic owner tried to hit him with the "our offer is better even though it's lower because you won't pay state taxes" line, but Shaq's accountant showed him the fallacy & Shaq took the Lakers' money instead.
    It ain’t about Kawhi bruh..it’s the Uncle who’s building a “brand”. There’s plenty of players who are signed for the 4/140m contract etc or range.

But name the ones signed for 220M+?

Being an agent or agency is maximizing earnings. Especially someone who’s new to the game or getting his feet wet. The ultimate success for Uncle D is getting Kawhi traded to Lakers and signs 5yr/180M+ he got his player his $ and the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sell high on Drunkford before the mainstream media finds out what a fraudster that guy is.

Those Fatty Shills and Fat Gasol deals make sense now. over the team for a handful of years after you're gone so you seem valuable and not a product of Tim Duncan
    I'm so fed up with this tripe. Mills is signed for 3 and 37.5M more. He had a relatively bad year by his efficiency standards last year, yet still managed to be the second leading scorer on the team. And he only takes 11% of the cap.

And, his contract is easily tradable if it comes to that. Don't believe that? See every Patty hater on this board just randomly throwing him into every trade as though it's no problem, so even they know.

The Pau deal was bad but he had done the team a solid and was rewarded. And guess what you steaming pile of pus, we are merely one year removed from being past that one for all intents and purposes. He is only guaranteed $6M after next year, which is again, a very easy contract to trade. In the interim, he will still occasionally provide solid back up minutes.

Lol @ you fools, especially the Spurhaters amongst us, thinking you know , let alone more than the best GM in the bidness. You know squat. Now get bent you loathsome waste of Earth space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's 'football' agent, the guy who IS Impact, was Cris Carter's agent when he played football. Just consider Carter to be part of The Group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny that Chris Carter says he was holding onto this info, yet was adamant that Kawhi would be better suited to hold out if pop/FO didn’t facilitate the request. Nick Wright will believe anything CC says...I really hope we get more details on how everything went down once all this drama is settled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It ain’t about Kawhi bruh..it’s the Uncle who’s building a “brand”. There’s plenty of players who are signed for the 4/140m contract etc or range.

But name the ones signed for 220M+?

Being an agent or agency is maximizing earnings. Especially someone who’s new to the game or getting his feet wet. The ultimate success for Uncle D is getting Kawhi traded to Lakers and signs 5yr/180M+ he got his player his $ and the market.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so fed up with this tripe. Mills is signed for 3 and 37.5M more. He had a relatively bad year by his efficiency standards last year, yet still managed to be the second leading scorer on the team. And he only takes 11% of the cap.

And, his contract is easily tradable if it comes to that. Don't believe that? See every Patty hater on this board just randomly throwing him into every trade as though it's no problem, so even they know.

The Pau deal was bad but he had done the team a solid and was rewarded. And guess what you steaming pile of pus, we are merely one year removed from being past that one for all intents and purposes. He is only guaranteed $6M after next year, which is again, a very easy contract to trade. In the interim, he will still occasionally provide solid back up minutes.

Lol @ you fools, especially the Spurhaters amongst us, thinking you know , let alone more than the best GM in the bidness. You know squat. Now get bent you loathsome waste of Earth space.
    Great Post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree on Mills. He signed for paltry money even after 2014 where he had tons of back-breaking three's in that Finals.
    He's also easily the best locker-room guy maybe in the entire league, just an absolute character guy. He's easy to root for.

Gasol is a different figure to me. If he signed here at an earlier part of his career like Robert Horry it would be one thing.
    But not only is this a guy who beat you in 2008, he went on to snub the Spurs in 2014 to chase money in Chicago. Who knows maybe he would've been a guy that put those 2015 and 2016 Spurs teams over the top.

I totally get the 3/48m contract was rewarding him for opting out last July for the Chris Paul sweepstakes. But even with that he's grossly over-paid for both his worth, contribution, and history with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it funny that Chris Carter says he was holding onto this info, yet was adamant that Kawhi would be better suited to hold out if pop/FO didn’t facilitate the request. Nick Wright will believe anything CC says...I really hope we get more details on how everything went down once all this drama is settled
    He didn't hold onto anything. He already said the same thing over a week ago. Lol, dude cant even keep his own nonsense straight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Carter had the same agent that Kawhi currently has I believe.

Edit - what others already said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on Mills. He signed for paltry money even after 2014 where he had tons of back-breaking three's in that Finals.
    He's also easily the best locker-room guy maybe in the entire league, just an absolute character guy. He's easy to root for.

Gasol is a different figure to me. If he signed here at an earlier part of his career like Robert Horry it would be one thing.
    But not only is this a guy who beat you in 2008, he went on to snub the Spurs in 2014 to chase money in Chicago. Who knows maybe he would've been a guy that put those 2015 and 2016 Spurs teams over the top.

I totally get the 3/48m contract was rewarding him for opting out last July for the Chris Paul sweepstakes. But even with that he's grossly over-paid for both his worth, contribution, and history with the Spurs.
    Yeah, as I wrote, the Pau deal was bad. But even that is only one year removed from being behind us as they only guaranteed $6M that last year.

And i am guessing they thought they could trade him to a team seeking picks this year as they pursued one of the free agents to pair with Kawhitter. Probably well never know what RC s plan was, though. Why? Kawhi ed up his plans.

Again, Kawhi ed up errything. Have i said Kawhi yet today? Hey Kawhi, you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me it's pretty obvious that Kawhi's group is trying to find a way to land on the Lakers now. They are doing argumentative gymnastics to try and undo all the damage they did at the beginning when they said they would only sign with them. They thought that by saying that the Spurs would just cave in and trade them there. Little did they know that the Spurs wouldn't accept garbage offers, which is all they got from the Lakers, since they knew Kawhi was signing with them either way.

So now, they are backtracking and giving contradictory messages such as "Philly doesn't even have the certainty that Kawhi will show up for them, if they trade for him" (thing which I highly doubt is legal, but that's another argument) and then "if the Lakers don't offer something good, then Kawhi could consider a Boston or a Philly".

Amateurism all around, tbh. If Kawhi's camp really wants to land on the Lakers now, they should go to Magic and say: "you either trade for us now or Kawhi is signing else where next offseason". That would undo all the damage they have previously done.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-10-2018 at 11:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the group still trying to decrease Kawhi's value, force Spurs to accept ty offers where they want to go and hurt them as much as they can. Bunch of mofos.

I have zero doubt Pop is gonna show who's dem daddy and show dem life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe that Kiwi's new agent is Carter's old agent.....or something like that.

Edit: DPG beat me to it.
    Kori also said chris carter's brother is a trainer of kawhis . So thats multiple connections

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle bag and his minions are in a pickle. They have more or less played all their cards. Only two remain: (a) the race card; (b) another rehab holdout or what is essentially career suicide.

That Cris Carter segment was the first sign of them bending the knee to Pop and "begging" to get traded.

The Spurs are in no rush, and thankfully, Pop/RC have shown the stomach to let this one play out until they get what they want in trade package return or on the off chance the nephew straightens his act and come back to the fold..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kori also said chris carter's brother is a trainer of kawhis . So thats multiple connections
    Wow so yeah he's a pretty big part of all this. I'm guessing he stands to gain financially as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle bag and his minions are in a pickle. They have more or less played all their cards. Only two remain: (a) the race card; (b) another rehab holdout or what is essentially career suicide.

That Cris Carter segment was the first sign of them bending the knee to Pop and "begging" to get traded.

The Spurs are in no rush, and thankfully, Pop/RC have shown the stomach to let this one play out until they get what they want in trade package return or on the off chance the nephew straightens his act and come back to the fold..
    Race card would also be suicide....Spurs are too connected and properly respected for that to slide

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please tell me you twitter warriors are harassing the outta Cris Carter on social media tbh. that concussed clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please tell me you twitter warriors are harassing the outta Cris Carter on social media tbh. that concussed clown.
    I havent, but i will. Im about to go in raw on him.

Edit: i cant find him on twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I havent, but i will. Im about to go in raw on him.

Edit: i cant find him on twitter
    @criscarter80

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, mugen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow so yeah he's a pretty big part of all this. I'm guessing he stands to gain financially as well.
    He's probably an investor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit- cant get twitter link to work

Thread Information