Page 643 of 745 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693743 ... LastLast
Results 16,051 to 16,075 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be hilarious in 2 years when these teams look back and realize they didn't trade for Kawhi because they didn't want to lose guys like Ingram, Markelle Fultz, Jaylen Brown....

I'd trade Dejounte and/or White for a guy like Kemba on a 1yr, no hesitation....and Kemba is no Kawhi....

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

who tf is this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

who tf is this guy
    Why is it eleventh hour? Who's in a rush?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the draft, I would've said you could've convinced Divac to give up the #2 pick and maybe Bogdanovic for Kawhi. And before Tony went to the Hornets, MJ probably would've offered something crazy.

Maybe Riley has lost it and will give us some crazy offer.

And yeah 76ers, Celtics, and Lakers won't actually give any of their best assets despite having more than Clippers which is why Clippers will give the best offer. You're not getting more than Saric/Covington/Chandler (to match salary), Boston bench salary filler and a pick or two, or Deng, Hart, Zubac, and one other 1-2M cost player (Wagner?).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about re-routing DeRozan to the Lakers? Trade would look like this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycejoxpl

Spurs get:
    Ibaka
    Deng
    Ingram
    Anunoby
    Hart
    TOR pick
    2 LAL picks

Why the Spurs should do it: rid themselves of Kawhi, get young pieces for a rebuild but can simultaneously contend, get young assets, give away bigger contracts

Raps get:
    Leonard
    Gasol
    Mills
    Paul

Why the Raptors should do it: cap relief from horrible contracts, a chance to win the East with Leonard (trivial), a brand new start, essentially

Losers get:
    DeRozan

Why the Lakers should do it: DeRozan is a Compton kid, a perennial All-Star (and a starter at that), has a Kobe-style iso game that evokes nostalgia from Laker fans, and he addresses two issues they have with Leonard: commitment (2 years left in contract) and health (no major injuries last year)

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know but more like last call bull . End of midnight .

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i think he's implying the Raps are going all in on a good offer for Leonard and Spurs may take it if Sixers don't step up their offer? i assume thats what he meant

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    How about re-routing DeRozan to the Lakers? Trade would look like this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycejoxpl

Spurs get:
    Ibaka
    Deng
    Ingram
    Anunoby
    Hart
    TOR pick
    2 LAL picks

Why the Spurs should do it: rid themselves of Kawhi, get young pieces for a rebuild but can simultaneously contend, get young assets, give away bigger contracts

Raps get:
    Leonard
    Gasol
    Mills
    Paul

Why the Raptors should do it: cap relief from horrible contracts, a chance to win the East with Leonard (trivial), a brand new start, essentially

Losers get:
    DeRozan

Why the Lakers should do it: DeRozan is a Compton kid, a perennial All-Star (and a starter at that), has a Kobe-style iso game that evokes nostalgia from Laker fans, and he addresses two issues they have with Leonard: commitment (2 years left in contract) and health (no major injuries last year)
    is this a joke?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie with a serious looking injury, f'n unbelievable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Lakers won't trade Ingram for Kawhi but they'll trade him for DeRozan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the draft, I would've said you could've convinced Divac to give up the #2 pick and maybe Bogdanovic for Kawhi. And before Tony went to the Hornets, MJ probably would've offered something crazy.

Maybe Riley has lost it and will give us some crazy offer.

And yeah 76ers, Celtics, and Lakers won't actually give any of their best assets despite having more than Clippers which is why Clippers will give the best offer. You're not getting more than Saric/Covington/Chandler (to match salary), Boston bench salary filler and a pick or two, or Deng, Hart, Zubac, and one other 1-2M cost player (Wagner?).
    Clippers are only interesting if they can trade Harris somewhere for something of value to give us. I can't see it happening.
    Riley- I don't see how he can make an offer that would be better than kawhi simply walking away. No assets to speak of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Miami pick projects to be a lottery pick, and the expectation that comes with that is better than having a regular season fools' player, like DeRozan, getting paid 30 millions per year for the next three years.
    Where is this lotter projection coming from? You're not the first one that I've seen put a lot of value in Miami's pick and I don't see it. Spo has turned out to be a pretty good coach. They've built a good program there, players hold themselves accountable for improving their games/bodies. They're a low ceiling/high floor type of team--with as week as the East is I don't see why they wouldn't continue to be a 5-8 seed playoff team.

Even if it is a lottery pick, what are the chances that lottery pick ends up being a perennial all-star? Even one that's a regular season fool's gold player?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Miami pick projects to be a lottery pick, and the expectation that comes with that is better than having a regular season fools' player, like DeRozan, getting paid 30 millions per year for the next three years.
    How years the past decade has Miami been in the lottery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ Lonnie Walker injured..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 2021 and a 2020 Toronto pick would be pretty good especially if Kawhi left next offseason tbh.

I like OG and a TOR 2020 pick, it's Derozan who I don't want tbh
    I’m fine with DeRozan if you get OG and a pick. SA will still be a solid playoff team, still get to rebuild, collect young assets and they can always move DeRozan too. It’s a fine deal. Let’s get this going.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Lakers won't trade Ingram for Kawhi but they'll trade him for DeRozan?
    They keep saying they have issues with Leonard’s health and commitment. DeRozan addresses both. If they don’t agree to that it means all those concerns about his health and commitment are being faked to create trade leverage and they just really want to give up garbage for Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are cursed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans trying to talk themselves into Derozan is really beyond sad.

If it comes to desperation, you trade the got for a flawed and younger talent like Kyrie Irving who has wider player connection that could help recruit stars in the future instead of a near 30 yo serial playoff choker with a capped ceiling.
    Last edited by spursistan; 07-12-2018 at 08:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan by himself is not good, but let’s not act like SA wouldn’t be a top 4 seed with DeRozan. No shot at a le, but SA wants to keep winning. They don’t want to tank.

OG is a damn good prospect. If you get that and a pick knowing Kawhi is gone from TOR and so is DeRozan? Its a very solid deal man.

SA would have done well even if it’s far from what I was hoping.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are only interesting if they can trade Harris somewhere for something of value to give us. I can't see it happening.
    Riley- I don't see how he can make an offer that would be better than kawhi simply walking away. No assets to speak of.
    And why isn't Tobias of value? You need guys who can get their own shot and do it efficiently-he does. Harrell is already a defensive monster and I bet we could fit his FT% and get him to shoot the corner 3. And we need more forwards on this team in general and he'd also be a great small ball 5. Those 2 future picks should be of good value . . . I bet each has about the same value as the Heat 2021 pick.

In terms of teams dealing with us out of desperation/bad management/etc. I'd be most willing to deal with the Heat. I like Richardson/Adebayo/Olynyk/Winslow and two future first rounders for both Kawhi and Mills.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan by himself is not good, but let’s not act like SA wouldn’t be a top 4 seed with DeRozan. No shot at a le, but SA wants to keep winning. They don’t want to tank.

OG is a damn good prospect. If you get that and a pick knowing Kawhi is gone from TOR and so is DeRozan? Its a very solid deal man.

SA would have done well even if it’s far from what I was hoping.
    Exactly. Yes Derozan isn’t the best get but he isn’t a scrub. He is a legit player. Getting someone like him for a 1 yr rental in Kawhi is as good a get the spurs could get. Along with OG and say raptors 2020 pick, id be alright with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of all the trades this one with Toronto seems like the best one and i am no fan of Derozan. But i still prefer him over ingram or kuzma and tobias harris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know if he knows anything. Could just be speculating given all the rumors. But he seems to be connected within the Sixers organization.

Thread Information