Page 712 of 745 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722 ... LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,800 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I have said it before, but I cannot understate how poor of an off season PHI has had and what idiots they are being in overrating their players and underrating Kawhi.

1. They lost to Boston 4-1 with no Kyrie or Hayward. Boston is getting those guys back at least for this year if not more.

2. They had to fire their GM because of burner accounts and alienating their star players (that evidently they value so high)

3. They lost Beli & Ersan

4. The guy they got to replace Ersan, Bjelica, just turned them down because he’d rather stay in Europe.

5. Despite their “core” they were snubbed by all the major free agents even though they had max cap space essentially.

6. Their one chance to change the fortune of their franchise is being blocked or not pursued because of Fultz. The guy they traded a first round pick AND Tatum for who not only had a injury but got the most bizarre case of the yips I have ever seen in any sport. He literally forgot how to shoot due to a mental block.

It is truly astounding how their front office blew up their chances seemingly. Not only did they whiff on any chance to truly improve, they actually got worse while at the same time alienating and creating an environment of distrust with the players they have to go all-in on now that resulted in them not having an actual GM in the most critical off-season they might ever face.

Bravo PHI. Bravo.
    Their players are all young i mean simmons was a rookie. Jordan got swept his first few years in the playoffs. Shaq didnt even lead his team to the playoffs his rookie year and then the next season (Pennys rookie year) they got swept by the pacers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just messing witcha. Agreed.

I love our kids, even though most of ST be hating.

I want a star, but I am genuinely curious to see the growth our kids will have playing with the best player in the game. I think we are gonna shock some people. Peep these interesting stats from our 47 losses last year:

- 26 losses by < 10 points
    - 13 losses by < 7 points
    - 7 losses by < 4 points
    - 4 losses by < 3 points

All this without a star who could close for us. Now the kids have a year under their belt and in Luke's offense. Like Tatum and Brown, now Kuz and Ingram get to play off of a star. All that attention LBJ will get? Our young guns have an opportunity to make strides.

We beat several playoff teams last year with the youngest roster in the league. Maginka is wise to not give up the farm (yet). Trade deadline might be another matter tho
    You arguably just lost your best player, tho. And took on a $40MM+ contract in return for the next 4 years for what will be a 34 year old player that's got to be coming out of his prime soon. You need another 2 stars to ring.

Could they already be on the roster? Maybe.
    Are you paying them yet? No
    And if you go after Kawhi next offseason, you're not going to have money to resign, Ingram, then Kuzma and Hart.

Tough choices are headed Maginkas way. Should have traded for Kawhi and killed two birds...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their players are all young i mean simmons was a rookie. Jordan got swept his first few years in the playoffs. Shaq didnt even lead his team to the playoffs his rookie year and then the next season (Pennys rookie year) they got swept by the pacers
    I mean, Tatum was a rookie too. Jaylen is 2nd year. It’s not like BOS will age out. Their young core is just as impressive except they cashed in on vets too which PHI couldn’t do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree to an extent but the Celtics were also a young team. Tatum was a rookie & Brown was just in his 2nd year, really only main cog with experience in their playoff run was Al Horford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Endor you uncultured swine. And wookiees are from Kashyyyk, not Endor.
    Nerd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is the one we should ship out to Toronto with him. Need that deal off the books
    I wish. But I think Toronto would much rather have Pau than Patty, for obvious reasons, especially if they’re giving us Poeltl. If they were to land Kawhi, and he were to bolt next summer as expected, I think they would rather just start to rebuild early and not have any long contracts on the books.

Plus, if the Spurs’ goal is to remain compe ive, which a trade with Toronto would signal, they’ll want to keep Patty around. Culture, locker room guy, championship experience, etc. They love him. There’s a reason he got that contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently OG changed his Twitter pic from him in a Raptors jersey to an old college pic......its happening?
    --------------------------------------------------------

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Tatum was a rookie too. Jaylen is 2nd year. It’s not like BOS will age out. Their young core is just as impressive except they cashed in on vets too which PHI couldn’t do.
    Simmons and Embiid are way better than Tatum and Jaylen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can y'all imagine what Kawhi's bank accounts look like? I guarantee Uncle has complete access to his money. It's probably a joint account.
    he's an authorized user on dennis' account

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You arguably just lost your best player, tho. And took on a $40MM+ contract in return for the next 4 years for what will be a 34 year old player that's got to be coming out of his prime soon. You need another 2 stars to ring.

Could they already be on the roster? Maybe.
    Are you paying them yet? No
    And if you go after Kawhi next offseason, you're not going to have money to resign, Ingram, then Kuzma and Hart.

Tough choices are headed Maginkas way. Should have traded for Kawhi and killed two birds...
    What?!
    1.WE WILL HAVE Bird rights on our young guys we can keep who we want. Having any of them play well enough to earn a big deal that is a great problem to have.
    2. Randle was not our best player but I agree he was the most productive.
    3. I am with Lakerfan I wanna see our youth. Send him to Toronto... SPURS want to much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really not interested in sending back Gasol to the Raptors. We're helping them out too much with their salary situation and for what? So that LMA/Poeltl are our only players at the 5? They can take Mills to match salary instead. Honestly, don't see how this deal helps either team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The disrespect Dennis is getting here is stupid.

Hes just doing whats best for his nephew.

Yall should be ashmed of yourselves.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The disrespect Dennis is getting here is stupid.

Hes just doing whats best for his nephew.

Yall should be ashmed of yourselves.
    Go EAD, Uncle Dennis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OG

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I would not want to lose Gasol in a trade with Toronto. It's bad enough Spurs would be losing Kawhi but Gasol is friends with Jimmy Butler and that would help the Spurs chances of getting Butler to SA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want OG and Siakam included. Spurs would have a very nice young core.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty much dead to everyone here bar a couple of fanboys. Spurs fans are mentally prepared and more or less at peace with the inevitablity of his ass getting shipped out of town..

It is telling that we are cracking a jokes about this got instead of agonizing over the loss of a superstar/franchise player. The league has never seen a crumbling of a player reputation/status like the one we are witnessing with Kawhi..
    At the end of the day will he be anymore then a footnote from our 5th championship?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not want to lose Gasol in a trade with Toronto. It's bad enough Spurs would be losing Kawhi but Gasol is friends with Jimmy Butler and that would help the Spurs chances of getting Butler to SA.
    Butler ain’t coming to SA brother... especially if we get DeMar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'd do Kawhi/Mills for DDR/OG/Siakam if that's the best we get offered. I'd just rather not tie up all that salary in DDR.

Are you serious about Gasol/Butler? Not sure we'd have much in the way of cap space next summer-especially because we would have DDR.

I'm still more inclined to trade with the Clippers.

Could we immediately move DDR to some other team? Hmmm . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt there’s any truth to it, but seen a handful of random posts on Twitter from people in Toronto that the deal they’re hearing doesn’t include DeMar.. that it’s centered around OG, Valenciunas, Wright, and multiple picks. I don’t buy it, but whatever, posting anyways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt there’s any truth to it, but seen a handful of random posts on Twitter from people in Toronto that the deal they’re hearing doesn’t include DeMar.. that it’s centered around OG, Valenciunas, Wright, and multiple picks. I don’t buy it, but whatever, posting anyways.
    LOL. Do they really expect us to take his salary?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    No DeMar forget the deal just let Kawhi walk. Spurs at least need an all-star player back for a top 3 league player. It's Toronto's gamble here Spurs are giving up the best player in the trade.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I have said it before, but I cannot understate how poor of an off season PHI has had and what idiots they are being in overrating their players and underrating Kawhi.

1. They lost to Boston 4-1 with no Kyrie or Hayward. Boston is getting those guys back at least for this year if not more.

2. They had to fire their GM because of burner accounts and alienating their star players (that evidently they value so high)

3. They lost Beli & Ersan

4. The guy they got to replace Ersan, Bjelica, just turned them down because he’d rather stay in Europe.

5. Despite their “core” they were snubbed by all the major free agents even though they had max cap space essentially.

6. Their one chance to change the fortune of their franchise is being blocked or not pursued because of Fultz. The guy they traded a first round pick AND Tatum for who not only had a injury but got the most bizarre case of the yips I have ever seen in any sport. He literally forgot how to shoot due to a mental block.

It is truly astounding how their front office blew up their chances seemingly. Not only did they whiff on any chance to truly improve, they actually got worse while at the same time alienating and creating an environment of distrust with the players they have to go all-in on now that resulted in them not having an actual GM in the most critical off-season they might ever face.

Bravo PHI. Bravo.
    Trust the process bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He makes almost exactly the same amount as Gasol and Gasol works better for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade package is Kawhi and Danny Green. Low salary players like Brandon Paul may be included as filler. Pau or Mills only involved if there is a third team or if Ibaka is included. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Spurs end up giving them a draft pick in the deal.

Thread Information