Page 740 of 745 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744 ... LastLast
Results 18,476 to 18,500 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll miss him. Might watch the Raptors some tbh.

I am really not a DeRozan fan. This team needs some development from Murray or someone else to really keep me engaged. They aren’t very likeable right this moment...
    Have a good time no matter who you watch, but how many games of DeRozan did you watch last season when the Raptors were on an absolute roll? Is your feelings about him based on multiple games or just a glance in the playoffs? Derozan is an All-Star. Maybe not a superstar, but a big improvement on someone that doesn't play and definitely an improvement at the 2 spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coming from danny that is the eqivalent of dropping a nuke on kawhi
    Yea. That's the most criticism a teammate has ever said about him and now they're projected to play and start for the same team. Interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LCM....where you getting this intel?
    Michael C Wright on Back to Back Podcast w/Tom Haberstrough, July 5th 2018
    Forbes Article Feb 28th, 2017 Suttons buying Impact from Frankel
    Florida suit filed by Elfus, KL's first agent representative from Impact, for $5 million in commissions he says he is owed from Frankel and Impact he was never paid. There is a free PDF of the suit filed, it's public record. This do ent leads you to the Suttons.
    Jeanne Buss' twitter a count is public, look around the first week of July 2018 for the tweet I mentioned.
    There was a article written about Joseph Sutton and his tweets about LeBron James. Those screen shots are out there especially the one in 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, for the record, I'm stoked about the new season! After the preposterous, non-stop Kawhi Leonard bull , where neither the team or the fans buying tickets to the games had a clue whether he would play or not, this will be fun watching people actually "play."

I actually think Kawhi and his team committed fraud and wish he'd be suspended...certainly don't want to see or hear about that asshole. FKL!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the people keep bumping this??? He's a Raptor now. JUST MOVE ON!!!

Danny saying the same things I’ve said all along. How can you get mad at anything your teammates said when it was you putting them in the situation to talk along with with keeping them in the dark so they couldn’t even answer for you?

Just ludicrous.
    I'm sure that he's not mad at Patty Mills when he said this offseason "...I've loved being his teammate. It won't change..."

Even if a person put you in some uncomfortable situation, you can stay classy in front media.

When things are getting bad, you don't need to create doubts about an injury of a teammate. If media ask you, just say "I didn't see him yet, I wish him a good rehab/quick recovery" It's not that hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael C Wright on Back to Back Podcast w/Tom Haberstrough, July 5th 2018
    Forbes Article Feb 28th, 2017 Suttons buying Impact from Frankel
    Florida suit filed by Elfus, KL's first agent representative from Impact, for $5 million in commissions he says he is owed from Frankel and Impact he was never paid. There is a free PDF of the suit filed, it's public record. This do ent leads you to the Suttons.
    Jeanne Buss' twitter a count is public, look around the first week of July 2018 for the tweet I mentioned.
    There was a article written about Joseph Sutton and his tweets about LeBron James. Those screen shots are out there especially the one in 2014.
    Great stuff, thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Kawhi and his team committed fraud
    So we have to act like Kawhi never had issues in his quad before...

I find so funny that most NBA media say he won't be the same player after this injury, that he has only one or two years more at a decent level...But there are still Spurs' fans who don't believe he was injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I find so funny that most NBA media say he won't be the same player after this injury, that he has only one or two years more at a decent level...But there are still Spurs' fans who don't believe he was injured.
    Lol. Good point. I still don't know what to expect from Kawhi's recovery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Good point. I still don't know what to expect from Kawhi's recovery.
    I just expect...someone moves this thread to NBA forum. This is a Spurs' forum, he's not a Spur anymore.... Where are the mods?

Please @Kori just move this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No I definitely believed he had issue with his quad. I believe that toward the end of the year when he hid from the Spurs personal while being paid $19 million, that he had committed fraud by avoiding them. My guess is he had already decided he wasn't coming back, so why bother. At any rate the chance of him suddenly being 100% the minute we had left the playoffs is rather far-fetched, but maybe he did magically get better exactly at the same second the season was over. When he hid, he was committing fraud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I definitely believed he had issue with his quad. I believe that toward the end of the year when he hid from the Spurs personal while being paid $19 million, that he had committed fraud by avoiding them. My guess is he had already decided he wasn't coming back, so why bother. At any rate the chance of him suddenly being 100% the minute we had left the playoffs is rather far-fetched, but maybe he did magically get better exactly at the same second the season was over. When he hid, he was committing fraud.
    Who knows. I'm not a lawyer but I doubt a player commits fraud just for not being available.

However, I didn't hear he was healthy after game 5 of Spurs' 2018 playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can look at it several ways:
    1) He finished his rehab on his ankle which he sprained against GS - unless a high ankle sprain you're looking at four to five weeks rehab. The issues of quad or tendon are brought up after. Now people who say KL or his group made this up and he wasn't injured can say the first time this bruise situation in the quad was first brought up in March 2016! It was after a game against the Heat. Duncan hadn't retired yet! Kawhi missed three games after the initial quad bruise, played in the playoffs (losing to OKC WCSF), played the regular season 2016-17 with MVP caliber numbers on offense and defense, and had the GSW over a barrel by 20+ points game 1 WCF, and we heard nothing about his quad being bad!

2) Now let's say there was a problem, Michael C Wright reported Kawhi began a rehab program by the Spurs for the tendon. But Wright said that Kawhi was saying that the exercises were making him hurt, and he quit doing the program. Now how long was this? One week two weeks? I haven't heard someone say a definite time. We are at July 2017 now, and the Spurs give control of diagnosis and rehab over to KL and his group on Aug 8th 2017. They are putting his medical treatment in his hands. And it is reported, he looked at 6 to 7 doctors by Bill Simmons on the Ringer before deciding on Dr. Galoshaw, doctor who is with New York Islanders and Philadelphia 76ers.

3) If KL is still hurt after practically a whole year of rehab, it isn't the fault of the San Antonio Spurs medical staff! It's totally on him! He has been working from a rehab program from his doctor, that he sought out, because of a diagnosis that he and his group believe is what is wrong with him. Whatever happens to his career from here on out, it's completely in the hands of KL.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll miss him. Might watch the Raptors some tbh.

I am really not a DeRozan fan. This team needs some development from Murray or someone else to really keep me engaged. They aren’t very likeable right this moment...
    Spurs haven’t been a fun to watch team since 2015

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    the spurs won 67 games in 2016. gtfo with your emoness

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yep and 61 the year after. something, something spoiled fan base...

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yep and 61 the year after. something, something spoiled fan base...

seriously. this canuck. such an attention

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can look at it several ways:
    1) He finished his rehab on his ankle which he sprained against GS - unless a high ankle sprain you're looking at four to five weeks rehab. The issues of quad or tendon are brought up after. Now people who say KL or his group made this up and he wasn't injured can say the first time this bruise situation in the quad was first brought up in March 2016! It was after a game against the Heat. Duncan hadn't retired yet! Kawhi missed three games after the initial quad bruise, played in the playoffs (losing to OKC WCSF), played the regular season 2016-17 with MVP caliber numbers on offense and defense, and had the GSW over a barrel by 20+ points game 1 WCF, and we heard nothing about his quad being bad!
    YOU didn't hear anything about his quad.

But Danny Green said on Chris Broussard's podcast that Kawhi's quad got worse in the summer, it's pretty clear his quad was an issue back then...

2) Now let's say there was a problem, Michael C Wright reported Kawhi began a rehab program by the Spurs for the tendon. But Wright said that Kawhi was saying that the exercises were making him hurt, and he quit doing the program. Now how long was this? One week two weeks? I haven't heard someone say a definite time. We are at July 2017 now, and the Spurs give control of diagnosis and rehab over to KL and his group on Aug 8th 2017. They are putting his medical treatment in his hands. And it is reported, he looked at 6 to 7 doctors by Bill Simmons on the Ringer before deciding on Dr. Galoshaw, doctor who is with New York Islanders and Philadelphia 76ers.
    Simmons is the only one talking about 6-7 doctors at the same time he's one of the many guys saying his quad wouldn't allow him to be the same player he was...
    Very incoherent and contradictory

3) If KL is still hurt after practically a whole year of rehab, it isn't the fault of the San Antonio Spurs medical staff! It's totally on him! He has been working from a rehab program from his doctor, that he sought out, because of a diagnosis that he and his group believe is what is wrong with him. Whatever happens to his career from here on out, it's completely in the hands of KL.
    Could be permanent damage if team-doctors misdiagnosed/mishandled an injury for a whole season (2017) and the offseason.

Even Woj said all the issues between Kawhi and the Spurs started with this injury. If the player thought Spurs' doctors ruined his career and the Spurs didn't fire those guys, I would get why he said he was doing everything for his teammates but not for the organization.

Then add a greedy uncle to this situaton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the people keep bumping this??? He's a Raptor now. JUST MOVE ON!!!

I'm sure that he's not mad at Patty Mills when he said this offseason "...I've loved being his teammate. It won't change..."

Even if a person put you in some uncomfortable situation, you can stay classy in front media.

When things are getting bad, you don't need to create doubts about an injury of a teammate. If media ask you, just say "I didn't see him yet, I wish him a good rehab/quick recovery" It's not that hard.
    It obviously is that hard unless you think Pop, TP, Manu, Danny and virtually everyone else are all bad people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YOU didn't hear anything about his quad.

But Danny Green said on Chris Broussard's podcast that Kawhi's quad got worse in the summer, it's pretty clear his quad was an issue back then...

Simmons is the only one talking about 6-7 doctors at the same time he's one of the many guys saying his quad wouldn't allow him to be the same player he was...
    Very incoherent and contradictory

Could be permanent damage if team-doctors misdiagnosed/mishandled an injury for a whole season (2017) and the offseason.

Even Woj said all the issues between Kawhi and the Spurs started with this injury. If the player thought Spurs' doctors ruined his career and the Spurs didn't fire those guys, I would get why he said he was doing everything for his teammates but not for the organization.

Then add a greedy uncle to this situaton.
    He wasn’t doing anything for his teammates. Hence the meeting. Multiple players said Kawhi not only kept them in the dark but lied to them about coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It obviously is that hard unless you think Pop, TP, Manu, Danny and virtually everyone else are all bad people.
    Bad people? Nah. But I guess Danny and Patty were "nice supportive". I wonder why the other guys couldn't...

"everyone else"?...IDK. I hear Wade and Thomas taking about Kawhi doing right.

Wade finished his comment with "Ultimately, there's no loyalty from the standpoint of, hey, they're going to do what's best for them and you're going to do what's best for you. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's more so the message that is portrayed is not a clear message. It's a bad message, just from the simple fact that organizations get cheered and understanding when they have to make a decision about a player, and players get booed and ridiculed when they make a decision for what they want to do and what's best for their future.
    "For me, the story is more so it's an awful picture that's been painted, and it needs to be told differently and it needs to be seen differently. But ultimately, if you understand both sides, if you understand the business side of things, if I understand from a player side, then you understand that organizations are going to make decisions that are best for them at the time, and players need to make the decision that's best for them. And that's OK."

Thomas said "Kawhi Leonard, what he did is the right thing to do. He learned from my story. Everybody can hate or do whatever they say about Kawhi Leonard, but at the end of the day, he’s looking after himself. These teams, all they’re going to do is look out for themselves. When a player does it, everybody’s tripping out. It is what it is." "If I could do it all over again, I wish I would have sat out a little longer for sure. But we could always play the what-if game."

He wasn’t doing anything for his teammates. Hence the meeting. Multiple players said Kawhi not only kept them in the dark but lied to them about coming back.
    Well, Danny said in his podcast that Kawhi explained -at the players' meeting- how hard was his rehab, how many setbacks had, that he was at 90% some day and .50% the next...

If he was injured and thought that playing could aggravate it, like IT said, no one should blame him. That includes his teammates' public comments.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-09-2018 at 12:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you're a mod!!!

Please, just move this thread to NBA forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because "The Beautiful Game" turned to ISO plays? Have to agree if it's the reason. That 2015 squad can win a le if they peaked at the right time, sucks that they got eliminated in Game 7 but then, the "hunger" isn't there anymore.
    2017 was fun to watch (low-key) but it's the first season without Tim Duncan, if it's not of the Kawhi's injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just leave this thread here. So we can still look back if the Spurs actually won or loses this trade. Time will tell.
    Hard to admit, I'll be missing Kawhi. It's like losing your "almost perfect GF/wife".
    I'll be missing his efficiency, defense and underrated strength - he looks stud though compared to Demar. Not really fan of Demar.
    But then, we still don't know if it's really Kawhi or just manipulated by his uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those midrange jumpers

The 2016 doesn't even make top 4 all time Spurs teams.

2015 was the last year where they were truly a joy to watch. Kawhi was amazing in 2017, but the rest of the team was painful. Iso era Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because "The Beautiful Game" turned to ISO plays? Have to agree if it's the reason. That 2015 squad can win a le if they peaked at the right time, sucks that they got eliminated in Game 7 but then, the "hunger" isn't there anymore.
    2017 was fun to watch (low-key) but it's the first season without Tim Duncan, if it's not of the Kawhi's injury.
    Spot on

Thread Information