Page 741 of 745 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744745 LastLast
Results 18,501 to 18,525 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows. I'm not a lawyer but I doubt a player commits fraud just for not being available.

However, I didn't hear he was healthy after game 5 of Spurs' 2018 playoffs.
    Yeah I'm not a lawyer either and I'm sure it's legit if his injury is still prohibiting him from playing, but then why hide from your team and not bring them up to speed. It's the deceptive part that would be illegitimate. It's very lame he left everyone that was paying him tens of thousands a day to rehab in the dark, including the fans, but probably not fraudulent........unless he was good to go and quit on his team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YOU didn't hear anything about his quad.

But Danny Green said on Chris Broussard's podcast that Kawhi's quad got worse in the summer, it's pretty clear his quad was an issue back then...

Simmons is the only one talking about 6-7 doctors at the same time he's one of the many guys saying his quad wouldn't allow him to be the same player he was...
    Very incoherent and contradictory

Could be permanent damage if team-doctors misdiagnosed/mishandled an injury for a whole season (2017) and the offseason.

Even Woj said all the issues between Kawhi and the Spurs started with this injury. If the player thought Spurs' doctors ruined his career and the Spurs didn't fire those guys, I would get why he said he was doing everything for his teammates but not for the organization.

Then add a greedy uncle to this situaton.
    1) Michael C Wright told Tom Haberstrough and his guest Kawhi looked at different doctors on the Back 2 Back podcast July 5th 2018. Wright didn't put out a number like Simmons did. But it's not surprising what Simmons did either. Any major player that could be going to the Celtics or one of their rivals, 76ers, Simmons is going to be all over it. He is just that much of a Celtics homer. So Simmons wasn't the only one who knew of the doctor search.

2) If the Spurs actively went through the 2016 playoffs, the entire 2016 -17 regular season, and the 2017 playoffs knowing Kawhi was hurting, knowing the quad wasn't right, prevented Kawhi from not playing to get healthy, didn't allow him any chance of a second opinion and never reported on any injury report of Kawhi's quad condition the Spurs would be not only destroying one the best athletes that has ever been apart of their franchise, but opening the Spurs franchise up to possible multiple CBA infractions which could lead to major fines, possible suspensions within management, medical staff firings in disgrace, draft picks stripped, Pop and RC Buford would be out the door, and the trust of any player in the San Antonio Spurs franchise would be ruined for a generation. Because if the Spurs would directly and intentionally harm this player, the face of their franchise, what would they do any player and their health.

Questions need to be asked. It isn't about being right, it's about what is the truth. Trying to discover it any way we can. Because once the true facts are known, then people will make up their own minds about them and then move on. But right now this issue isn't going to go away. Nor should it until the true details of what happened during last season are fully known.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Michael C Wright told Tom Haberstrough and his guest Kawhi looked at different doctors on the Back 2 Back podcast July 5th 2018. Wright didn't put out a number like Simmons did. But it's not surprising what Simmons did either. Any major player that could be going to the Celtics or one of their rivals, 76ers, Simmons is going to be all over it. He is just that much of a Celtics homer. So Simmons wasn't the only one who knew of the doctor search.

2) If the Spurs actively went through the 2016 playoffs, the entire 2016 -17 regular season, and the 2017 playoffs knowing Kawhi was hurting, knowing the quad wasn't right, prevented Kawhi from not playing to get healthy, didn't allow him any chance of a second opinion and never reported on any injury report of Kawhi's quad condition the Spurs would be not only destroying one the best athletes that has ever been apart of their franchise, but opening the Spurs franchise up to possible multiple CBA infractions which could lead to major fines, possible suspensions within management, medical staff firings in disgrace, draft picks stripped, Pop and RC Buford would be out the door, and the trust of any player in the San Antonio Spurs franchise would be ruined for a generation. Because if the Spurs would directly and intentionally harm this player, the face of their franchise, what would they do any player and their health.
    Not sure why you say the Spurs didn't report Kawhi's quad injury before when they said often "knee" "quad" in the games he missed in previous seasons..

It's not a secret anymore that the "conservative" Spurs doctors let injured players to play if those players wanted, even knowing they could aggravate their injuries. It happened to Danny and Patty, in Mills' case he aggravated it at the point to need a surgery.

Questions need to be asked. It isn't about being right, it's about what is the truth. Trying to discover it any way we can. Because once the true facts are known, then people will make up their own minds about them and then move on. But right now this issue isn't going to go away. Nor should it until the true details of what happened during last season are fully known.
    I guess you will never get those answers. Media will write many articles, all them will be just speculation and theories because neither RC/Pop/Kawhi will talk about...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a good time no matter who you watch, but how many games of DeRozan did you watch last season when the Raptors were on an absolute roll? Is your feelings about him based on multiple games or just a glance in the playoffs? Derozan is an All-Star. Maybe not a superstar, but a big improvement on someone that doesn't play and definitely an improvement at the 2 spot.
    He’s a one way player and I really don’t like players that don’t play defense. He’s also been a big choke artist when it counts. Many fans here watch multiple teams. Heck some do it bc they gamble.

This is is an entertainment. I actually like Aldridge though I know he’s not that popular but haven’t really liked DeRozan when I have watched him.
    l like Murray though and think he has potential bc he’s developed defensively first. I don’t know how much improved he will be but he’s the one who intrigues me. I hope to catch some of White. I thought he should have played more last season. I am still interested in seeing how Kawhi and Danny are playing. I haven’t lived in San Antonio for 4 years and I probably can catch on with any other up and coming team. TBH, I am in the east coast so the times of their games might even be all the more friendly to my schedule to watch. I also like Philly and Boston and have opportunities to watch eastern conference teams more often.

I am glad I got to watch the big 3 b4 Timmy retired while I still lived in SA though.

I am also not completely abandoning interest fir the Spurs but it’s really not what it was unless some unforeseen development from their guards happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a one way player and I really don’t like players that don’t play defense. He’s also been a big choke artist when it counts. Many fans here watch multiple teams. Heck some do it bc they gamble.

This is is an entertainment. I actually like Aldridge though I know he’s not that popular but haven’t really liked DeRozan when I have watched him.
    l like Murray though and think he has potential bc he’s developed defensively first. I don’t know how much improved he will be but he’s the one who intrigues me. I hope to catch some of White. I thought he should have played more last season. I am still interested in seeing how Kawhi and Danny are playing. I haven’t lived in San Antonio for 4 years and I probably can catch on with any other up and coming team. TBH, I am in the east coast so the times of their games might even be all the more friendly to my schedule to watch. I also like Philly and Boston and have opportunities to watch eastern conference teams more often.

I am glad I got to watch the big 3 b4 Timmy retired while I still lived in SA though.

I am also not completely abandoning interest fir the Spurs but it’s really not what it was unless some unforeseen development from their guards happen.
    I'm with you and thinking the same way. I'm not completely abandoning the Spurs, in fact still a fan but it's not the same as before when I'm supporting the team. It's like I'm not expecting anymore. Damn this is sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you and thinking the same way. I'm not completely abandoning the Spurs, in fact still a fan but it's not the same as before when I'm supporting the team. It's like I'm not expecting anymore. Damn this is sad.
    I actually like their young players and understand their desire to remain compe ive vs going on a rebuild.? It’s the best business decision.

If I still lived in SA I would probably continue to watch them and attend the ocasional game no matter what, but I am not local anymore and now the Spurs are like any other team for me bc my favorites are gone. It is what it is.

I have to develop some new favorites or bandwagon elsewhere...

East coast teams are more friendly to my timezone anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like their young players and understand their desire to remain compe ive vs going on a rebuild.? It’s the best business decision.

If I still lived in SA I would probably continue to watch them and attend the ocasional game no matter what, but I am not local anymore and now the Spurs are like any other team for me bc my favorites are gone. It is what it is.

I have to develop some new favorites or bandwagon elsewhere...

East coast teams are more friendly to my timezone anyways.
    Or maybe it's Pop ego that he doesn't to be part of fully rebuilding anymore (I'm talking about Celtics' offer if it's true) since he'll soon going to retired as well.
    I don't even live in SA nor even in USA but I used to be a die-hard Spurs fan since 2003 (when I'm still 10 or 11 years old) maybe until 2016.

It seems I'm starting losing interest (in NBA) lately since Tim Duncan retired, I'm slowly turning watching more eSports (Dota, CSGO) games lately than NBA. For the record, I think I've only watch less than 10 or even only 5 (full) games last season of the Spurs and mostly just watch highlights on YouTube when they won against .500 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So...self-admitted bandwagoners, not a true team fan. They aren't "fun" anymore. Aren't in the hunt. Lost my favorite player. Boring. Dont live there anymore.

Good ing riddance. So ing pathetic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...self-admitted bandwagoners, not a true team fan. They aren't "fun" anymore. Aren't in the hunt. Lost my favorite player. Boring. Dont live there anymore.

Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've (Join Date 06-13-2009) been here more than you (Join Date 07-09-2015) then calling me a bandwagon. I've been a fan of the Spurs since 2003 because of Tim Duncan then the key members of the team.
    Not because I'm saying negative things about the Spurs, doesn't mean I'm no longer a fan. I didn't said it too in a harsh way.

But whatever, don't care what you say. It's hilarious I've triggered someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've (Join Date 06-13-2009) been here more than you (Join Date 07-09-2015) then calling me a bandwagon. I've been a fan of the Spurs since 2003 because of Tim Duncan then the key members of the team.
    Not because I'm saying negative things about the Spurs, doesn't mean I'm no longer a fan. I didn't said it too in a harsh way.

But whatever, don't care what you say. It's hilarious I've triggered someone.
    Did you see that SA Girl literally used the term "bandwagon..?"

You said you agreed with her take earlier. Just own that you're a piss-poor s bag of a fan that only sucks on to winners. Now that you see a potential hiccup in the plan, it's time to slowly remove yourself. Look for greener pastures.

You didn't trigger me. You merely revealed yourself, fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see that SA Girl literally used the term "bandwagon..?"

You said you agreed with her take earlier. Just own that you're a piss-poor s bag of a fan that only sucks on to winners. Now that you see a potential hiccup in the plan, it's time to slowly remove yourself. Look for greener pastures.

You didn't trigger me. You merely revealed yourself, fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe it's Pop ego that he doesn't to be part of fully rebuilding anymore (I'm talking about Celtics' offer if it's true) since he'll soon going to retired as well.
    I don't even live in SA nor even in USA but I used to be a die-hard Spurs fan since 2003 (when I'm still 10 or 11 years old) maybe until 2016.

It seems I'm starting losing interest (in NBA) lately since Tim Duncan retired, I'm slowly turning watching more eSports (Dota, CSGO) games lately than NBA. For the record, I think I've only watch less than 10 or even only 5 (full) games last season of the Spurs and mostly just watch highlights on YouTube when they won against .500 teams.
    Fans don't realize how ugly a rebuild is. I'm glad Pop/RC didn't go that route. They're compe ors just like the players, why should they turn into a show because 1 player decided to go rogue?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans don't realize how ugly a rebuild is. I'm glad Pop/RC didn't go that route. They're compe ors just like the players, why should they turn into a show because 1 player decided to go rogue?
    I know maybe because I'm not really solve with the pieces we got from Kawhi considering if the rumors of the Celtics offered is true.
    Just wish Kawhi didn't said he's preferred destination, just ask he wants to be traded then maybe we could've got a better deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I and I suspect the front office would have preferred to somewhat re-build, if they could have gotten a concrete building block as the centerpiece of the package (Brown, Ingram and I don't think they wanted Fultz, but maybe if he could have been re-routed for Jackson, etc.).

No matter how appealing they might have the potential to be 1-2 years in advance, straight picks for a star, much less a superstar, are too risky. Too much unknown, especially that far out. I realize there's a good chance a few end up top 5-10 (in a supposedly weak draft), but look no further than the past 5 drafts to find out how meaningless that could be (Len, Noel, McLeMore, Burke, Exum, Stauskas, Vonleh, Okafor, Hezonja, Mudiay, Johnson, Kaminsky, Bender, Chriss).

Flawed as he is, the odds of even landing a player as good as DeRozan are slim. Sure, he caps the ceiling relatively low, but if 3-5 years down the line those picks became the players I mentioned, how bad would it look to have traded Leonard for essentially nothing?

Aldridge-DeRozan become virtual expiring's in a year. If this (bridge?) era fails to meet modest expectations, they could shop both by the '20 deadline, recoup some (albeit lesser) picks/prospects and enter a re-build then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll miss him. Might watch the Raptors some tbh.

I am really not a DeRozan fan. This team needs some development from Murray or someone else to really keep me engaged. They aren’t very likeable right this moment...
    to this mentality.

It is about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I and I suspect the front office would have preferred to somewhat re-build, if they could have gotten a concrete building block as the centerpiece of the package (Brown, Ingram and I don't think they wanted Fultz, but maybe if he could have been re-routed for Jackson, etc.).

No matter how appealing they might have the potential to be 1-2 years in advance, straight picks for a star, much less a superstar, are too risky. Too much unknown, especially that far out. I realize there's a good chance a few end up top 5-10 (in a supposedly weak draft), but look no further than the past 5 drafts to find out how meaningless that could be (Len, Noel, McLeMore, Burke, Exum, Stauskas, Vonleh, Okafor, Hezonja, Mudiay, Johnson, Kaminsky, Bender, Chriss).

Flawed as he is, the odds of even landing a player as good as DeRozan are slim. Sure, he caps the ceiling relatively low, but if 3-5 years down the line those picks became the players I mentioned, how bad would it look to have traded Leonard for essentially nothing?

Aldridge-DeRozan become virtual expiring's in a year. If this (bridge?) era fails to meet modest expectations, they could shop both by the '20 deadline, recoup some (albeit lesser) picks/prospects and enter a re-build then.
    Good points on a possible rebuild in 2 years if things turn south this and the following next year. I would hate to see that happen though. I foresee st least 50+ wins each next 2 seasons with at least 2nd round of the playoffs. By then Dejounte, White, Walker. And Poeltl should be entering maturity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to this mentality.

It is about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.
    Word... I'm hype for this season to start already. I feel like this team will be playing with some edge this year. Season can't start soon enough.

Idk how anyone can't be excited after what was witnessed last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everyone supports and follows their team differently. I think they've always been fun, but that's because it's fun watching them win and watching the youth grow because they're my team. I've been in LA all my life and never stepped foot in SA, but I grew up watching them. I don't think it makes you a "bandwagoner" if you follow the team less when they're losing than when their winning. Even though I would never do it, it's not "pathetic" to root for other teams. Some fans don't want to go through the emotions of watching games or growing pains of new players for a lower payoff (making the PF, instead of contending for a chip). In my mind, however, as long as Pop is at the helm, Spurs have a shot at the chip, idgaf what anyone says.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone supports and follows their team differently. I think they've always been fun, but that's because it's fun watching them win and watching the youth grow because they're my team. I've been in LA all my life and never stepped foot in SA, but I grew up watching them. I don't think it makes you a "bandwagoner" if you follow the team less when they're losing than when their winning. Even though I would never do it, it's not "pathetic" to root for other teams. Some fans don't want to go through the emotions of watching games or growing pains of new players for a lower payoff (making the PF, instead of contending for a chip). In my mind, however, as long as Pop is at the helm, Spurs have a shot at the chip, idgaf what anyone says.
    To her credit and shame, SAGirl acknowledged being a bandwagon fan a few posts later and said she would be auditioning other teams, in essence. And you know, that's fine, just don't keep coming to ST and then represent yourself as a fan because in my mind, being a fan does not entail either bandwagoning or looking for a more exciting opportunity.

That. Is. Pathetic.

Nor does it en le actual fans to check out because even though they'll still be good, they're not le contenders. It's an hetical to fandom. Were the Chicago Cubs fans of similar cons utional makeup, Wrigley would have been empty by the 1930s, ffs. Winning is not a prerequisite for fandom, though I certainly acknowledge it might attract initial fans. But a habitual bandwagoner is among the lowest specimen on the planet, imo, tbh.

As for rooting for other teams, I agree it's ok to a point, but should never be done as a quest to find a usurper to your original favorite.

These are the Galaxy's rules of fandom. Learn them. Live them. Or, GTFOH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will he actually have the balls to play tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will he actually have the balls to play tho
    Vaginitis. Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi on the morning of January 3rd:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To her credit and shame, SAGirl acknowledged being a bandwagon fan a few posts later and said she would be auditioning other teams, in essence. And you know, that's fine, just don't keep coming to ST and then represent yourself as a fan because in my mind, being a fan does not entail either bandwagoning or looking for a more exciting opportunity.

That. Is. Pathetic.

Nor does it en le actual fans to check out because even though they'll still be good, they're not le contenders. It's an hetical to fandom. Were the Chicago Cubs fans of similar cons utional makeup, Wrigley would have been empty by the 1930s, ffs. Winning is not a prerequisite for fandom, though I certainly acknowledge it might attract initial fans. But a habitual bandwagoner is among the lowest specimen on the planet, imo, tbh.

As for rooting for other teams, I agree it's ok to a point, but should never be done as a quest to find a usurper to your original favorite.

These are the Galaxy's rules of fandom. Learn them. Live them. Or, GTFOH.
    Well said, have to stick with and support your team through the lean years

Thread Information