Page 745 of 745 FirstFirst ... 245645695735741742743744745
Results 18,601 to 18,607 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct he was on a plane to Orlando ready to play with Grant Hill. It was over for the spurs. Better to get a pick off duncan, for sake we let him play out the contract. Absolute clown front office. You can't play favorites as a small market team.

I'm obv joking, in real life duncan should ghosted that wife and feasted on Orlando pussy . Yeah grant hill sucked but Orlando gets enough free.agent support to get him to the HOF in the weaker east. Easily correct hindsight choice
    You're much more spot-on than most here would like to admit. Terribly easy to judge not trading Duncan, and not trading Kawhi, with Monday's newspaper in your hands (is that a saying in English too?).

Also, the conversations and optics regarding disgruntled stars and how teams should manage them has changed exponentially in the last few years, ironically with Nephew's spurning at the blazing front. It's all too easy now to ship out your star, get 6 picks in return, and be halfway over a rebuild in an off-season. That wasn't the case at the time, and especially not so given Nephew's injury/condition, and the mystery that surrounded it, had teams low-balling offers to the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be an unpopular opinion, but so be it. I hope he suffers a career ending injury which in this day and age virtually guarantees it being something that will affect his qualify of life going forward.
    I definitely understand where you are coming from. I'm just not emotionally invested in wasting my time hating him. I will never respect him or his family, but I just don't care about him going forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely understand where you are coming from. I'm just not emotionally invested in wasting my time hating him. I will never respect him or his family, but I just don't care about him going forward.
    It takes no time or energy away from me to wish that on him.

I honestly don't even pay attention to anything regarding him outside of this board and wouldn't comment here if not for the overt mythologizing and/or excuses that are constantly made for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know timvp pointed to there being fault on both sides, but the level of intensity SA played when Nephew returned, and TD's high praise for the medical staff in his HoF speech speaks volumes tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct he was on a plane to Orlando ready to play with Grant Hill. It was over for the spurs. Better to get a pick off duncan, for sake we let him play out the contract. Absolute clown front office. You can't play favorites as a small market team.

I'm obv joking, in real life duncan should ghosted that wife and feasted on Orlando pussy . Yeah grant hill sucked but Orlando gets enough free.agent support to get him to the HOF in the weaker east. Easily correct hindsight choice
    It’s not apples to apples. Duncan was becoming an unrestricted free agent after a 3-year rookie contract according to the rules of 20 years ago. Kawhi ghosted his team with several years left on his contract. I understand the team’s desire to try to reconcile with him back then, though in retrospect Boston’s alleged offer of Tatum and Brown in February would have been the way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not apples to apples. Duncan was becoming an unrestricted free agent after a 3-year rookie contract according to the rules of 20 years ago. Kawhi ghosted his team with several years left on his contract. I understand the team’s desire to try to reconcile with him back then, though in retrospect Boston’s alleged offer of Tatum and Brown in February would have been the way to go.

The only offer for Nephew with any significant veracity was Tobias Harris and LAC two firsts.
    Which in retrospect may have been inferior to what they got. Tobias was an expiring and probably not a lot of trade value.

Stars leave small markets all the time and historically have even forced trades (see Kareem and Chamberlin). The Spurs got a le out of nephew and now have a lot of assets-
    Time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to move on.
    lol
    They will whine about it for another 20 years.

Thread Information