Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry but I'm not you. I could give two s what kawhi does. I don't take what he does personally like you gots. kawhi doesn't want to play for S.A. anymore it's like he turned down your daughter or something
    If Kawhi wants to leave then i dont think anybody would begrudge him if he just did it honestly. It's the way he's doing it...sitting out a whole season with a relatively minor injury(while still collecting a fat paycheck), abandoning the team and his teammates, having his people leak things through the media that paint the Spurs in a bad light, avoiding Pop, killing all their negotiating leverage by saying he'll only sign with the Lakers.....that's the stuff that rubs people the wrong way.

I love Kawhi, i appreciate how good he was for us, and that he was an irreplacable piece on a team that won #5 for Timmy. I'll always be grateful for that. And i think despite all the crap he's pulling the Spurs will be fine. He's only ruining his own credibility. I honestly worry for the guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way those comments made Kawhi want out. They are just an excuse to get to the Lakers. And if those comments really caused that then he is really a pussy
    indeed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was used to Duncan being his big brother and playing in all types pain his whole career. He was used to Manu playing with injuries left and right and winning rings through the adversity with his mates. A Superstar that is a pussy with pain was something he was not used to..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with OP tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fluffers gonna fluff
    I agree with OP tbh

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so we just need Parker to call Mills fat? then Mills will cry and demand a trade?
    get it done Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is an egotistical prick, but if Kawhi really wanted to stay, he wasn't going to let the comments of a washed up bench player drive him out of town. Kawhi checked out way before Pop, Manu, and Tony commented. Their comments were in response to Kawhi basically quitting on the team despite being cleared by their team doctors and P3, one of the most respected sports science organizations in the world. No "second opinion" suggested by Uncle Dennis was going to change the diagnosis. Him and his camp used the second opinion as an excuse to avoid having him play out the season. However, Pop, Manu, and Tony shouldn't have let Uncle Dennis and co. bait them into snarky comments, since it just gives them additional face saving ammunition to use against the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVParker contributed 10x as much to this franchise as Kahwbeta ever did. As far as i'm concerned he's fully earned the right to call out this pussy. Go Tony
    Truth.

Parker is an egotistical prick, but if Kawhi really wanted to stay, he wasn't going to let the comments of a washed up bench player drive him out of town. Kawhi checked out way before Pop, Manu, and Tony commented. Their comments were in response to Kawhi basically quitting on the team despite being cleared by their team doctors and P3, one of the most respected sports science organizations in the world. No "second opinion" suggested by Uncle Dennis was going to change the diagnosis. Him and his camp used the second opinion as an excuse to avoid having him play out the season. However, Pop, Manu, and Tony shouldn't have let Uncle Dennis and co. bait them into snarky comments, since it just gives them additional face saving ammunition to use against the Spurs.
    That's what I said right after the 100 times worse comment by Enrique. It wasn't so much that it wasn't true, but I feared it would give Kawhitter and his group an excuse and sure enough months later that's exactly what that group of gots is doing. It is pretty ed up that the mainstream media is running with the narrative that he was misdiagnosed and then not fully supported though. Like the Spurs don't deserve the benefit of the doubt over a ing bank manager and a broke ass agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker ran out all the backup pgs who bailed his ass out in those championship runs

the same pos who stole their contracts when it was up for renewal, he gets paid, the others go find a new team....

remember when he was on his way out to the knicks or some team, then spurs get kawhi...extends this pos career another 4-5 years on t he spurs...fck that ungrateful kent...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth.

That's what I said right after the 100 times worse comment by Enrique. It wasn't so much that it wasn't true, but I feared it would give Kawhitter and his group an excuse and sure enough months later that's exactly what that group of gots is doing. It is pretty ed up that the mainstream media is running with the narrative that he was misdiagnosed and then not fully supported though. Like the Spurs don't deserve the benefit of the doubt over a ing bank manager and a broke ass agent.
    Indeed. They played right into his hands unfortunately. It's funny what people will believe today. Yeah, "misdiagnosed" by a 1.5 billion professional sports organization that has never once had an instance of controversy regarding player health. And Uncle Dennis's comments (leaked by "sources" of course) that Kawhi and co. felt the Spurs were prioritizing the organization over Leonard's health by clearing him "too soon" is bull of the highest magnitude. Leonard is the in' organization at this point, and there is absolutely no way in the Spurs would rush back a player they felt could carry the franchise for at least the next five years during a season where le contention wasn't looking likely. Only line of logic where this leads to some sense is that the Spurs wanted to rush him back in the interest of ratings and ticket sales, but I don't buy that. That will probably be Dennis's pitch, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH i thought Pop,Manu,Tony were in a situation where they were damned if do or damned if they don't. The media was going to always going to give Kawhi a pass for not wanting to play for spurs regardless of what the spurs said. The reason why he gets this pass is because he wants to play for the Lakers and the media is desperate for the Lakers to be relevant again. I still remember being in middle school as a kid and seeing Dennis Rodman disrupt the Spurs during the playoffs with his horrible antics. The media crucified Dennis at that time but the moment he joined the bulls they turned the other way. I remember them saying Rodman was always a good guy and the Spurs were a bunch of religious nutcases lead by David Robinson that treated Rodman unfairly. Obviously they sided with Rodman afterward since he ended up playing with the most popular player in the world at that time in MJ.

Spurs were ed the moment Kawhi's people leaked out he wanted to be a Laker. The media is predisposed to being biased towards always favoring big markets such as LA,NYC. They will spin anything in those markets favor to help them since those markets equal higher TV revenue versus small markets. Think about it Kawhi would be getting if he pulled the same he has pulled with the Spurs if he played in NYC or LA.

Anyways I would have gone the Trump route and consistently trashed and called out Kawhi for faking this injury. I feel that's the only way you defeat Dennis which is you have to smear him and Kawhi relentlessly to the point where they will breakdown. It's not in the spurs nature to do it but that's the only way to handle it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1) The team physician works for the team's best interests, not necessarily Kiwi's.

2) Pop should have supported him instead of disparaging him thru the media.

3) His teammates know him well, yet they still chose not to stand by him.

I'm sure he felt betrayed and anyone - including you - would be rightfully pissed offPERIOD.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way those comments made Kawhi want out. They are just an excuse to get to the Lakers. And if those comments really caused that then he is really a pussy
    I agree. But traffic cone should've kept his opening face down on the ground. Fake-ass leader.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Fluffers gonna fluff
    I agree with OP tbh
    Parker is an egotistical prick

parker ran out all the backup pgs who bailed his ass out in those championship runs

the same pos who stole their contracts when it was up for renewal, he gets paid, the others go find a new team....

remember when he was on his way out to the knicks or some team, then spurs get kawhi...extends this pos career another 4-5 years on t he spurs...fck that ungrateful kent...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) The team physician works for the team's best interests, not necessarily Kiwi's.

2) Pop should have supported him instead of disparaging him thru the media.

3) His teammates know him well, yet they still chose not to stand by him.

I'm sure he felt betrayed and anyone - including you - would be rightfully pissed offPERIOD.
    Disagree since I wouldn't be controlled by my uncle but instead I would tell him to off. I would handle my own business with my teammates instead of running away and going into hiding. It's fine that you want Kawhi on the Lakers but don't act like what he did wasn't bush league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u dont trade kawhi to a team and absorb bad salary in return to help them create a super team or whatever...fck that team and fck kawhi

trade for picks and develop players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. I said in a thread upstairs that the reason Manu, Tony, Pop were dropping snide comments is because they likely already got word that Kawhi was leaving and were also pissed that he chose to sit out the season despite being cleared by the Spurs medical staff (who have a spotless reputation).

That's not to say Parker can't be a snake, but logically, if he really wanted to stay a Spur, he's not going to let dumbass comments from a past-his-prime player who is now relegated to the bench affect his decision.
    I prolly wouldn't let Tony's ill will cost me $39MM give or take...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its time patfo cut the head of the snake and move on from that pos...pos offers nothing now, younger players have nothing learn from that pos anyway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its time patfo cut the head of the snake and move on from that pos...pos offers nothing now, younger players have nothing learn from that pos anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    washed up 5 foot tall Frenchman called me out in front of everybody
    same Frenchman who came back from tearing his quad off the bone by November
    I want to be the next MJ but can't take criticism from anyone or talk to anyone or handle any pressure at all or make free throws to seal a championship
    my uncle owns me since I can't speak for myself and he will embezzle all my money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker to the Lakers. Tissot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    washed up 5 foot tall Frenchman called me out in front of everybody
    same Frenchman who came back from tearing his quad off the bone by November
    I want to be the next MJ but can't take criticism from anyone or talk to anyone or handle any pressure at all or make free throws to seal a championship
    my uncle owns me since I can't speak for myself and he will embezzle all my money
    If he can get his gardener to his wife, he'll be Tim's caliber.

Thread Information