Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your opinion also means jack . You said you would be anti-Kawhi if they worked their differences out and he stayed a Spur. Go root for the Warriors and their soon to be imploding team, you ing got.
    Which alias are you hiding behind. You and Leonard are a good match for each other pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bell is 1.5 inches shorter, with a 0.75 shorter wingspan, yet plays C. Lauvergne has a 3 inch shorter wingspan, yet plays C. If Metu goes on to have an NBA career, it'll likely be as a deep bench player. They're not going to throw him on an island against the elite, back to the basket, overpowering C's.
    I mean, if we're talking about him as a 15th-17th man, then whatever. No need to worry about developing him. But it makes no sense to reference Bell in defense of folks who are saying they think he's like Capela or Dedmon. They're vastly different players, with Jordan essentially being a forward who can get away with being a five in controlled situations due to his skill level and the talent around him. Metu can probably do the same, but he'll have to develop on the perimeter to offset his size.
    Last edited by Chinook; 06-24-2018 at 09:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of Pops Mensah-Bonsu. My expectations are low, but I'm hoping he'd turn out okay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repeating yourself doesn't make it true. 3-plus is not even abnormal for the regular human population, let alone NBA players. To put it into perspective, Metu tied at the combined for the fourth-shortest arms among centers (and since Porter and Konate went back to school, it was really like second-shortest). And that was with guys like Bamba, Carter and Ayton not attending. He was the fifth-shortest center measured, with only Omari Spellman being drafted among the players shorter measurements. And Spellman, like a normal NBA player, has a six-inch differential between his wingspan and height, and he outweighs Metu by more than 30 points while also being more skilled and having range.

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-...F=POSITION*E*c

Those are the actual combine results for centers. Metu is really small. He's not too small to ever make it work, but it's not fine.
    Sometimes you have to repeat yourself because some here have selective reading.
    4" is plenty of length.
    Your judgement of basketball skill has been rather questionable in the past. So I'm not surprised with this one either.

I'm not expecting this guy to be a starter. But leyou said a third big or the 10th guy isn't far fetched.

Remember you advocated for bell in the second round last year. This guy is better

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of Pops Mensah-Bonsu. My expectations are low, but I'm hoping he'd turn out okay.
    Shoots better and has better offensive game than pops. Also a better rim protector and rebounder

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, if we're talking about him as a 15th-17th man, then whatever. No need to worry about developing him. But it makes no sense to reference Bell in defense of folks who are saying they think he's like Capela or Dedmon. They're vastly different players, with Jordan essentially being a forward who can get away with being a five in controlled situations due to his skill level and the talent around him. Metu can probably do the same, but he'll have to develop on the perimeter to offset his size.
    Why didn't Jordan have to develop a shot? You're all over the place in your evaluations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does prospect have elite length for height? (Related question: Does prospect have elite length regardless of height?)

Let’s just do Wingspan minus Height in inches, as it is easier than ratio, with at least 4″ being good, 5″ being very good, 6″ being very, very good, and better than 6″ difference between height and wingspan being exceptional. (Please forgive me if I miss someone. There’s a fair amount of names of which to keep track. Also, there are those for whom I could legitimately not find measurements like Robert Swift.)

https://www.thestepien.com/2017/11/0...dination-test/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes you have to repeat yourself because some here have selective reading.
    4" is plenty of length.
    Your judgement of basketball skill has been rather questionable in the past. So I'm not surprised with this one either.

I'm not expecting this guy to be a starter. But leyou said a third big or the 10th guy isn't far fetched.

Remember you advocated for bell in the second round last year. This guy is better
    It's like your whole argument broke down, so you are trying to switch to ad homenims.

It's not "good" to have a four-inch differential, and it's not plenty. It's just normal, average, mediocre. The majority of NBA players will have that. Some will have a little less, some unfortunate souls like Joff will have significantly less. Metu's not a T-rex, but his arms aren't long enough to compensate for his lack of size. He's small, and he's not particularly explosive to the point where it doesn't matter.

You can complain all you want, but I gave you the link to the combine, and it shows that if Metu is going to be thought of as a center, he will be so while being arguably the smaller player in his group at the combine. We're talking about a guy who's standing reach is just 1.5 inches more than DeJuan ing Blair. He's not big. His size is a problem. No need to keep trying to fight reality.

Why didn't Jordan have to develop a shot? You're all over the place in your evaluations.
    Don't be such a wet noodle. First, evaluations SHOULD be "all over the place" when it comes to different players. Bell and Metu have different skill-sets, so their paths to an NBA rotation don't have the same trajectory. Second, Bell was better than Metu at damned near everything in college: http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...-chimezie-metu -- I'd love for Chim to be great, but it's a ty homer take to act like he was actually the superior player. Third, has Bell even made it? Homie played like 10 minutes a game and got four DNPs. I'm sure going forward the Warriors totally do want Bell to add range to his game if he's going to be a key guy for them. Fourth, Metu doesn't have to be a great three-point shooter to make it in the NBA, but he does need perimeter skills, similar to what Bell already has.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that isn't talked abou tis metu had a 9' standing reach. Which is very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does prospect have elite length for height? (Related question: Does prospect have elite length regardless of height?)

Let’s just do Wingspan minus Height in inches, as it is easier than ratio, with at least 4″ being good, 5″ being very good, 6″ being very, very good, and better than 6″ difference between height and wingspan being exceptional. (Please forgive me if I miss someone. There’s a fair amount of names of which to keep track. Also, there are those for whom I could legitimately not find measurements like Robert Swift.)

https://www.thestepien.com/2017/11/0...dination-test/
    Those are based on in-shoes height, not barefoot height. He has Turner as having a five-inch difference, which comes from 6-11 to 7-4, not 6-10. Capela is 6-11 with shoes to 7-4(.5) with his wingspan. Metu with shoes is 6-9.5. So taking The Stepien's standard it's below the "good" range. Though you could have just looked at the combine numbers yourself and seen that the majority of the players (not even just bigs) have differences of at least that much rather than searching for something to justify your original argument.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook for player evaluations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook for player evaluations.
    His player evaluations are irreplaceable like danny green

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are based on in-shoes height, not barefoot height. He has Turner as having a five-inch difference, which comes from 6-11 to 7-4, not 6-10. Capela is 6-11 with shoes to 7-4(.5) with his wingspan. Metu with shoes is 6-9.5. So taking The Stepien's standard it's below the "good" range. Though you could have just looked at the combine numbers yourself and seen that the majority of the players (not even just bigs) have differences of at least that much rather than searching for something to justify your original argument.
    Nope those are shoeless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real-talk: I am disappointed in getting him at 49. A normal second-round pick from SA would have been fine. But I was hoping someone really interesting would fall, and someone almost did.

Anyway, I'm actually not saying Metu isn't worth a pick or that he won't develop. I just don't think he's going to be the player people expect. I think he's going to have to be an unorthodox player if he's going to make it, so comparing him to players like Capela just doesn't jive with what I see. A defensive-minded combo-forward who can play some five seems best. That's probably what KBD would have ended up being anyway. I don't think there's any way in the team could roll with LMA/Gasol/Metu as their three bigs. If they can get Milutinov to come over, and Metu can be the swing-big who can play both four and five, then that makes the most sense. In my mind, Metu shouldn't leave Austin until their season is over.
    Well then, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Maybe he’s got heart and stone cold lead pipe cojones and breaks all those so called short comings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His player evaluations are irreplaceable like danny green
    It's amazing that you still think you won that argument. The Spurs have been hurting for years because Danny has fallen off, and you seem to think that's evidence that he wasn't crucial to the team? The team had to have its worst season in years to draft a guy whom people feel comfortable saying is Danny's successor, and you continue acting like you were proven right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope those are shoeless
    They're not. You can look the measurements up on that site I've given to you twice now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing that you still think you won that argument. The Spurs have been hurting for years because Danny has fallen off, and you seem to think that's evidence that he wasn't crucial to the team? The team had to have its worst season in years to draft a guy whom people feel comfortable saying is Danny's successor, and you continue acting like you were proven right.
    Sometimes it isn't about winning or losing. But rather watching you say stupid stuff then watching you talk out of both sides of your mouth. I see more people are on to your game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes it isn't about winning or losing. But rather watching you say stupid stuff then watching you talk out of both sides of your mouth. I see more people are on to your game
    You were wrong but didn't seem to realize it. Every time you repeat it, you just demonstrate that you missed the point the first time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You were wrong but didn't seem to realize it. Every time you repeat it, you just demonstrate that you missed the point the first time.
    Exactly. Keep on pushing it. You don't get it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Palangi.... Daboom Alt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Keep on pushing it. You don't get it.
    Oh, I forgot that you're the "rubber/glue" guy. That's why you're on my ignore list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=jordan-bell--chimezie-metu[/url] -- I'd love for Chim to be great, but it's a ty homer take to act like he was actually the superior player. Third, has Bell even made it? Homie played like 10 minutes a game and got four DNPs. I'm sure going forward the Warriors totally do want Bell to add range to his game if he's going to be a key guy for them. Fourth, Metu doesn't have to be a great three-point shooter to make it in the NBA, but he does need perimeter skills, similar to what Bell already has.
    agree with your first take

for the second, what about the scoring ? metu is way better than bell, better shooter ( more attempt and better % at 3) , also pretty close assists numbers.

So you're right they are differents type of player but bell was not better at damned everything.

About the size 6'10 is enough, don't think he'll have to develop perimeter skills that much, with just the ability to shoot i think he'll be ok, don't know about his man on man defense but he can protect the rim.

We'll see.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I forgot that you're the "rubber/glue" guy. That's why you're on my ignore list.
    snowflake meltdown

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, chinook is having a hard time

Thread Information