Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this is true why not insist he stay with the spurs sign a max deal then quietly want out
    When pop retires. His uncle is stupid.You have to think he would want a long secure deal.
    He needed cover for why he didn't play last year, and Uncle F*ckface is telling him he can get a major shoe contact in LA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi had quad problems his rookie year I believe.

I blame Kawhi 100% for his poor handling of the situation. He and his camp were so nebulous when it came to progression during rehab. At one point Pop tried to let the team and media know that they had to move forward as if he would not be available, then shortly after, Kawhi's camp dangled the carrot of him possibly being ready for the playoff run. Promises came and went.

At some point the team needed to figure out if Kawhi had any real intention of rejoining the team, so they called a team meeting. If Kawhi can't be a man a take those comments by Parker and use them for motivation, then by all means, let him hit the pavement.

I still feel like this was completely overplayed by Kawhi's camp to use as an excuse to force a trade.

I for one wanted to hear it come out if Kawhi's mouth, but evidently that ship has passed.

Quit blaming Uncle Dennis, Kawhi is a grown man. Any power he gives his uncle is on him personally. He can't hide behind his sister, uncle, or medial team forever.

Had Kawhi acted like a man and told the Spurs organization that he wanted out if SA to go play in his home town, I think there would be logical understanding, and some modi of respect would have remained intact, but as it is, he let it come to this.

I have no doubt that as time passes, more will come to light placing responsibility on Kawhi.

Tony Parker hurt my feelings. ..waaah-waaah. Give me a break.Trade in the tic-tacs for something a bit larger Kawhi.

Ironically, I was cleaning out my classroom before I shut it down for the summer break, and I came across a San Antonio Express article about TD leaving 53 million on the table for the betterment of the team.

TD spoiled us.

Look on the bright side, we are playing with house money turning over a 29th pick for talent or picks in excess of the original pick.

Going to doctors until they tell you what you want to hear...brilliant plan.

Adios Kawhi
    best post I’ve ever read in this forun

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again...what the is the injury???

That’s the thing Kawhi slurpers can’t answer..just please try to bring reason and logic on how this all makes sense...

It’s obvious now PATFO and players saw right through the BS and tried to be “cool” through the media and totally disrespect the guy...but it’s hard once you realize that got clearly was sabotaging the season and credibility because he wants to have fun and go back home.
    Last edited by coachmac87; 06-30-2018 at 11:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always an unethical POS out there that will say whatever an athlete wants them to say. That's why I've stated that if the Spurs keep him around, there's always the chance he could just fake another injury and avoid legal trouble despite him being "back to 100 percent" atm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that were the case wouldn't he be clamoring to sign the SuperMax ASAP? Of course, maybe that's the reason Spurs won't offer and the reality has KL in a very dark place.
    Dark place??? He's in the final year of a $90 million max contract!!! He got paid $19M this year to sit on his ass.

Dark place ... the ???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    best post I’ve ever read in this forun
    You need to read my stuff tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. This is absolutely Ainge and the Celtics trying to put the kabosh on Kawhi going East. It's well known Simmons is a Celtic homer. If they can create enough doubt about his health and lower his value, I think they know that PATFO will probably just hold onto him or take a deal from Magic.

They know Pop is likely to work out a deal with Philly given his relationship with Brown. And the one place you don't want Kawhi is in Philly, if you're Boston.
    Fortunately the one doctor they found to go against the Spurs' judgment was the Sixers' doctor. See how that works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course the Sixers doctor would tell him to shut it down for the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dark place??? He's in the final year of a $90 million max contract!!! He got paid $19M this year to sit on his ass.

Dark place ... the ???
    Potentially in a dark place if his career were in jeopardy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody already knew this..

You'll always eventually find one to go along with your story, I've done it many times for insurance fraud..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he had a career altering injury, that means Spurs are keeping quiet about it and helping him out... true they stand to benefit from a higher value, but it just seems a bit fishy

i think something would have been leaked by now if he had a significant injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi had quad problems his rookie year I believe.

I blame Kawhi 100% for his poor handling of the situation. He and his camp were so nebulous when it came to progression during rehab. At one point Pop tried to let the team and media know that they had to move forward as if he would not be available, then shortly after, Kawhi's camp dangled the carrot of him possibly being ready for the playoff run. Promises came and went.
    So much this...

I'd only add that PATFO are historically super conservative concerning players' health. The Kawhi apologists and Lakers' trolls on this site are out of their mind trying to spin this as some kind of screw up on their part. They trust the team doctors because the team doctors have earned that trust. Kawhi's group shopped all around until they found someone who would give him an excuse to sit out, and give them cover to lay blame on the Spurs, trying to hide the fact that they wanted out all along once they found out that the shoe deal was never going to be monstrous as long as he kept playing in a small market like San Antonio.

Uncle Dennis is twisting the knobs and Kawhi is complicit at best, and duplicitous at worst.

Adios Kawhi. Thanks for the 'ship, but you owe your career to the Spurs. They did everything they could to make you into the player you became. Your offensive game was when you came into the league. The Spurs did a lot for your ungrateful ass. They gave you all the time in the world to find your game while Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili carried the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That makes this injury sound much worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's trade him to the Lakers as fast as possible.
    Too late, the entire intranets knows now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will probably take the high road but I hope him and RC roast this mother er as soon as he's gone and detail every bull thing he's done the last year. Maybe not directly in a press conference or a Dan Gilbert style memo but leak that through Woj.

Dude ended up being a bigger got than Vince Carter quitting on the Raptors.
    VC fulfilled his contract and legit left in free agency IIRC. This is much worse since he quit with 2 years left and the team needing him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This only confirms that it was a ruse all along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VC fulfilled his contract and legit left in free agency IIRC. This is much worse since he quit with 2 years left and the team needing him
    They traded VC to the Nets midway through the season actually because it got so toxic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again...what the is the injury???

That’s the thing Kawhi slurpers can’t answer..just please try to bring reason and logic on how this all makes sense...

It’s obvious now PATFO and players saw right through the BS and tried to be “cool” through the media and totally disrespect the guy...but it’s hard once you realize that got clearly was sabotaging the season and credibility because he wants to have fun and go back home.
    Thats the point. There is no imjury. Ive said this since dec

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing that makes me believe my theory is correct. Kawhi messed himself up juicing. What else explains the personality change, mystery tendon injury, and doctor shopping.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing that makes me believe my theory is correct. Kawhi messed himself up juicing. What else explains the personality change, mystery tendon injury, and doctor shopping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are saying that he shopped docs until he found one that would say he needed shut down (that the all the docs prior were saying he was fine).
    That's how I understood it, which makes me wonder if the Spurs have a civil case against him. It sounds like fraud to me. I suppose Pop and R.C. would take the high road, but there is nothing wrong with not allowing people to rip you off. Definitely should go to Silver with this, but do it after you trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how I understood it, which makes me wonder if the Spurs have a civil case against him. It sounds like fraud to me. I suppose Pop and R.C. would take the high road, but there is nothing wrong with not allowing people to rip you off. Definitely should go to Silver with this, but do it after you trade him.
    Doesn’t matter what road Pop and RC want to take. That’s Holt and the ownership group that are footing the bill. Stick it to Leonard and uncle Dennis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the biggest nba got of all time tbh... worst than fisher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the biggest nba got of all time tbh... worst than fisher

Thread Information