Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Paying CP0 $40mil/year to choke and/or get injured in the playoffs every year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dayum!

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Right move

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised Paul didn't push for that fifth year since Houston has his Bird Rights. I think it's absolutely worth it considering they were one win from a le when he went down. Of course they're going to have to pay Capella now. Houston is lucky Phoenix won the draft lottery or I bet they'd have lined up a max offer sheet for Capella. With Phoenix out the picture with Ayton they might get off cheap with Capella.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good for them for not getting locked into a 5th year

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ah gee, should the Rockets blow up a 65 win team that should've won the championship just because they might overpay him by year 4?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Um OP Rockets are fortunate Paul didn't for the 5th year.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paying CP0 $40mil/year to choke and/or get injured in the playoffs every year
    That's a lot of money for a guy who is going to lose a step (Parker style) in about a year or so.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Um OP Rockets are fortunate Paul didn't for the 5th year.
    Maybe, but $40mil/year is still a huge financial commitment for a player in his 30s who can't be trusted to stay healthy and not choke in the playoffs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    what a joke of a franchise

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    what a joke of a franchise
    You better hope LeBron doesn't long the Lakers like George just did

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LeBron may not come like I said I'm fine to stay young... I believe in our youth...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the best case scenario for them. They weren't going to find what he brings in FA, it's going to be his last big contract that will coincide with his last all star production type seasons. He'll miss games because of his injury history, but its expected and if they're really smart, they rest him more every year as the Spurs do with their aging guys, but DAntoni is also known to grind his guys down so we'll see.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    LeBron may not come like I said I'm fine to stay young... I believe in our youth...
    Killa at some point the Lakers will have to sign at least one star free agent. Or trade for one. Not gonna contend with just youth.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Ariza to Phoenix. 1 year 15 mill. Thanks for everything Trev sad to see ya go but...

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Ariza would rather play for the ing Suns than put up with Frauden and CP0's antics for another season. Serves CP0 right for blaming the Clippers locker room incident on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they whiff on King, the sense of urgency to get a big name in LA goes up ten fold and the Spurs bargaining leverage shoots further through the roof. Do you trust AIDS to not trade the future for an autist who's personality and psyche is too fragile to even speak for himself, let alone handle the largest media market in the country?

When I think about it, it would be a miracle if Kawhi worked out in LA honestly and the Lakers are fickle and insecure enough to wager their youth/future to make the franchise "feel" his it used to by being a destination for stars. Kawhi, based on his behavior/reclusiveness, is the anti-personality of someone who can handle the LA media and I think he melts being the number 1 guy there. He'd need a star on par with him there from Day 1 to put most of the media pressure on.

A potential Kawhi meltdown and failure and the Lakers screw themselves out of a perfectly fine, on pace rebuild plan. I'm warming up to it more n more...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Killa at some point the Lakers will have to sign at least one star free agent. Or trade for one. Not gonna contend with just youth.
    I agree... But maybe it's not the right time yet... GEORGE IS OVERRATED and LeBron and Paul don't fit our time line... If LeBron comes great who would turn down the Goat SF?!
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-30-2018 at 11:58 PM.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Ariza would rather play for the ing Suns than put up with Frauden and CP0's antics for another season. Serves CP0 right for blaming the Clippers locker room incident on him.
    Don't quite see anybody lining up to play for the Clippers. But that's nothing new. Not Kawhi. Not LeBron.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I agree... But maybe it's not the right time yet... GEORGE IS OVERRATED and LeBron and Paul don't fit our time line... If LeBron comes great who would turn the Goat SF?!
    Doesn't fit your timeline? What timeline? Is your "young core" going to just magically all wake up and stop being scrubs one day?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Don't quite see anybody lining up to play for the Clippers. But that's nothing new. Not Kawhi. Not LeBron.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree... But maybe it's not the right time yet... GEORGE IS OVERRATED and LeBron and Paul don't fit our time line... If LeBron comes great who would turn the Goat SF?!
    Says the guy hyping Ingram and Kuzma

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or the Suns are the only team that sees a $15 million player in Ariza. Do you honestly see $15 million in value for that dude?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    That's cute. Can't beat anybody's offers at all.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    my bad chief, that post was for the silly LAvengers thread

grats on your offseason tbh.

Thread Information