Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookies never do with Pop!
    There was that time Tony Parker got made the starter five games into his NBA career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody is definitely getting moved now in addition to Kawhi IMO, there are too many rotation players from 1-3..Mills or Green, I would imagine..
    mills could be part of a kawhi to philly deal tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's looking to try that new fangle 5 midget guard lineup. Shouldn't be too hard with 40 guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is expiring unfortunally mills is not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing Forbes to Belinelli

Forbes was so bad

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it's not a bad contract and Spurs desperately need reliable 3pt shooting. But the Spurs have way too many players at the guard positions... someone has to be moved. Or young players nailed to the bench again. Not like any of them can reliably shoot 3's anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC just ruined my night with this. It's been like 15 mins and I'm still as disgusted with it as I was when I first saw the report.

Length, athleticism, not an atrocious defender...is that too much to ask for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC just ruined my night with this. It's been like 15 mins and I'm still as disgusted with it as I was when I first saw the report.

I mean they got Rudy Gay. Who did you want? Ariza just got 15mil

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We get a much needed void filled with shooting and it's someone who knows the system/way and its dirt cheap as far as deals go and "fans" doing ST schtick depression and anger and rage schticks. Never change, ST zealots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And you're mad at Kawhi for not wanting to play with this roster?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would complicate a Philly trade if we got Fultz back in the deal. That would suck if we traded with them and he wasn't included tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/Parker or White or Walker
    Mills/Beli
    Anderson/Green
    Gay/Bertans
    Aldridge/Pau

(Assuming Kyle and Bertans are retained)

That's not including a Kawhi trade or if Kawhi ends up playing the season..definitely feels like another notable player will be moved..

It was obvious that they weren't going to rebuild with Pop still around, but I hope they'll at least retool on the fly by playing the youth..last year's team was so incredibly boring, this year's team wouldn't be any different without Kawhi if the young guys don't get to play much..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BROOM BROOOOOOM MOTHER ER!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the mle have a team option in year 2?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he's Andersons replacement..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the mle have a team option in year 2?
    Gay’s had a player option in year 2 (fixed, thanks), so no reason you can’t have a team option. Would be great.
    Last edited by cjw; 07-01-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. We could get an insane haul for Kawahi that comes as close to perfect as possible, 100% win-win for us and the majority of ST would still find ways to be upset and pan the move.

These types could be give a free, new car off a lot, fully loaded and their response, instead of grat ude and excitement like a normal person, would be, "is it too much to ask for a (insert color here) paint job?". This is 100% why downstairs is waayyyyy more fun than the forum dedicated to the namesake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills/Beli
    Anderson/Green
    Gay/Bertans
    Aldridge/Pau

That's not including a Kawhi trade or if Kawhi ends up playing the season..definitely feels like another notable player will be moved..

It was obvious that they weren't going to rebuild with Pop still around, but I hope they'll at least retool on the fly by playing the youth..last year's team was so incredibly boring, this year's team wouldn't be any different without Kawhi if the young guys don't get to play much..
    Fathead will be back, but Bertans is gone tbh. I also think Parker is gone. Roster makes sense in that regard if Leonard is somehow back.

But they'll definitely try to attach Patty to any Kawhi deal is what I'm thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only good news about this is that it suggests Forbes is gone. I'm not against the idea of Danny going out in a Kawhi trade, but that was to open up more time for the other guards. While Beli is a dynamic shooter who would do well with a vet team, the Spurs no longer have the roster to support him.
    or would it??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay’s had a team option in year 2, so no reason you can’t have a team option. Would be great.
    Gay's was a player option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much anybody that isn't an atrocious defender. I would no joke rather have 45 year old Vince Carter than this Italian traffic cone. If money dries up, maybe Hood can be had for the full MLE. Mbah a Moute.

Gay is fine. I like the signing last year and glad he came back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills/Beli
    Anderson/Green
    Gay/Bertans
    Aldridge/Pau

I really do like the idea of Leonard, Green and Mills to Philly in a package deal. Not only would Philly get Leonard, but they would get two legit role-players in their back-court for the same price they were paying Re . If they aren't going to get Lebron to join them, this seems like the best use of their resources.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    there are like 20 different games in the video

you're a loon
    My bad, I just assumed that the 2 minute video was a game highlight and not his season highlights.

You can't count. The game clip I was referring to was the one on the the cover of the YouTube video which was against the knicks, a game in which they lost because of Beli's defense. Get a grip clown shoes. Belinelli played in 80 games and 2016 minutes during the regular season and his highlight reel is less than two minutes long. And to top it off, they dipped into the MLE to pay this scrub. That's pretty much all anyone needs to know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The BAE would have been fine.

But that much of the MLE is ridiculous. It probably doesn't leave enough to make an impact signing with the remainder AND now he HAS to play over White and Walker. They aren't going to play him that much in the first hour of free agency to be a wise veteran leader behind the young studs

Thread Information