Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker, then Murray, then Gay, then NBA 3 point shooting champ Bellinelli.....plus the Leonard replacement....

Pretty good wing plethora guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Spurs make a great value signing for the bench and people in here with "this sucks". Amazing.
    It’s a dumb signing. Has nothing to do with value. SA does not need more terribly bad defensive vets. Beli at that price makes sense for a lot of teams. Not SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a dumb signing. Has nothing to do with value. SA does not need more terribly bad defensive vets. Beli at that price makes sense for a lot of teams. Not SA.
    The Spurs desperately need shooting and if Beli replaces Forbes (who sucked on D as well) then its a massive upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like yet another off-season where the team went in expecting Green to be off the roster and then refused to adjust when that didn't end up happening.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    LOL Spurs make a great value signing for the bench and people in here with "this sucks". Amazing.
    Spent a chunk of the MLE on a player who could have been had for the bi-annual exception? Pretty outrageous but very predictable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like yet another off-season where the team went in expecting Green to be off the roster and then refused to adjust when that didn't end up happening.
    If the Spurs want t get rid of Green they can do so pretty ing easily. I really doubt that's the reasoning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need their Euros. RC doesn't scout anyone outside of the euro market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs desperately need shooting and if Beli replaces Forbes (who sucked on D as well) then its a massive upgrade.
    Not really. What would adding some more shooting an awful defense do to solve any problems? SA is not contending and should be either signing 1 year deals or letting young guys grow.

Replace Forbes with Beli moves what needle for what purpose while hurting cap space next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs want t get rid of Green they can do so pretty ing easily. I really doubt that's the reasoning.
    I don't think it will be that easy. They definitely anticipated trading him last year and failed. This year, they likely expected him to opt out. Sure, they can still trade him, but it would probably have to be for something larger than they were anticipating, they will have to find a way to add him to the Leonard deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were solid defensively last season despite not having the best defensive player in the league.

They were terrible at shooting.

Spurs sign a proven shooter at a reasonable contract.

Who are they getting at that price that is a solid 2 way player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. What would adding some more shooting an awful defense do to solve any problems? SA is not contending and should be either signing 1 year deals or letting young guys grow.

Replace Forbes with Beli moves what needle for what purpose while hurting cap space next year.
    The Spurs are obviously going to try to be compe ive. I'm under no illusion that this team is going to be a true contender without Kawhi, but they're obviously not going to mail it in either. Anyone wanting a full youth movement or rebuild before Pop hangs it up - and honestly even after then - is just fooling themselves into thinking that is a possibility.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're gross.

Anyway, getting two big TEs, a solid role-player replacement, a starting-caliber PF, the rights to a really good prospect and an unprotected pick in the most compelling draft in decades is far from terrible. Dunno what you'd prefer.
    Luckily the Spurs know Kawhi is an elite talent and intend on keeping him, so they don’t have a video game mindset like you do when it comes to things like this. They don’t view the NBA like the NFL. The bull that you continue to spew out is making you lose more credibility as the days go by. Just go focus on your imploding ravens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What if the deal has a TO for the second year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were solid defensively last season despite not having the best defensive player in the league.

Who are they getting at that price that is a solid 2 way player?
    Exactly. The problem in the playoffs wasn't guard defense. It was the fact that we couldn't hit a ing 3.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

They could have just kept Forbes for a fraction of the cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are obviously going to try to be compe ive. I'm under no illusion that this team is going to be a true contender without Kawhi, but they're obviously not going to mail it in either. Anyone wanting a full youth movement or rebuild before Pop hangs it up - and honestly even after then - is just fooling themselves into thinking that is a possibility.
    Beli really doesn’t make SA more compe ive and eats into cap space next year. If we find out Year 2 is a team option? Cool. If not? Dumb. Not catastrophic but just stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it will be that easy. They definitely anticipated trading him last year and failed. This year, they likely expected him to opt out. Sure, they can still trade him, but it would probably have to be for something larger than they were anticipating, they will have to find a way to add him to the Leonard deal.
    I think you're right that they'll likely tie him to a Leonard deal but I also don't think they have to. We'll see how it works out. I have loved Danny, but I do think its a good time to move on from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily the Spurs know Kawhi is an elite talent and intend on keeping him, so they don’t have a video game mindset like you do when it comes to things like this. They don’t view the NBA like the NFL. The bull that you continue to spew out is making you lose more credibility as the days go by. Just go focus on your imploding ravens.
    Oh, so you're saying we should WANT Kawhi and the Spurs to work on their differences.

Thanks for the report.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli really doesn’t make SA more compe ive and eats into cap space next year. If we find out Year 2 is a team option? Cool. If not? Dumb. Not catastrophic but just stupid.
    I disagree with your first point. I don't think it makes them true contenders, but it definitely improves the team and helps them get past the first round of the playoffs. That's important to a team who reportedly lost money the past couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True except for the fact that Forbes ing sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're right that they'll likely tie him to a Leonard deal but I also don't think they have to. We'll see how it works out. I have loved Danny, but I do think its a good time to move on from him.
    I'd've been fine with Green staying before the Beli signing. Walker was my dude during the draft, but he could still use a year of seasoning. But I hate the idea of Danny and Beli being the top SFs on the roster. They can't get rid of Marco yet, so it has to be Green.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC trying to get on my good side

Ferrari is a Warriors killer and the clutchest SOB in the league. This also means Ginose is gone!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd've been fine with Green staying before the Beli signing. Walker was my dude during the draft, but he could still use a year of seasoning. But I hate the idea of Danny and Beli being the top SFs on the roster. They can't get rid of Marco yet, so it has to be Green.
    Depending on what they get back for the snake, Danny could end up as the starting SF and Walker could get a ton of minutes at the 2, especially if Patty is gone too.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Who is going to be the Spurs starting pg next season? All of this moot if they can't bring in someone who can actually make plays for others. And please don't say Murray.

Thread Information