Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fans pretending they weren't just celebrating the Warriors' championship like the Lakers had won it.
    Zipper Nation pretending his God didn't just choose to go to the Lakers instead of competing for championships

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Zipper Nation pretending his God didn't just choose to go to the Lakers instead of competing for championships
    No? I've been the one saying it while dumbasses try to pretend his decision had anything to do with winning. LeBron saw Kobe sucker the Lakers into overpaying him for a retirement tour and decided to do the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

put the vag over Katrina Durant and give Boogie something different.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    what's the ing point of watching the nba now? Literally an all star team now

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    A modest proposal. Every team gets a franchise tag they get to use once every four seasons. If a player throws a fit about wanting to leave and refuses to play you can sign and trade them. Then pay franchised players a lot more. Problem solved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sport is also becoming more "soccer-ized" as ClipperNation pointed out. Time to go back to 30's America, Mitch. Baseball, Boxing, and College football (NFL sold out a lot of what once made it great). We'll include hockey in the new "patrician" big 4. Golf will be the digestif to that 4 course meal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The sport is also becoming more "soccer-ized" as ClipperNation pointed out. Time to go back to 30's America, Mitch. Baseball, Boxing, and College football (NFL sold out a lot of what once made it great). We'll include hockey in the new "patrician" big 4. Golf will be the digestif to that 4 course meal.
    I'm all for a resurgence in boxing, tbh. It's looking bleak right now, two heavyweight champions can't ing sign a piece of paper and fight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for a resurgence in boxing, tbh. It's looking bleak right now, two heavyweight champions can't ing sign a piece of paper and fight.
    Used to love it, and miss when the sports world centered on the big fight. Boxers need to quit ducking each other and I think the sport needs to figure out some type of objective scoring system in deciding fights and do away with judges. And no in ties! Leave that to badly designed sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dog fighting is where it's at and it's becoming more popular amongst the millenials tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Used to love it, and miss when the sports world centered on the big fight. Boxers need to quit ducking each other and I think the sport needs to figure out some type of objective scoring system in deciding fights and do away with judges. And no in ties! Leave that to badly designed sports.
    Ties in boxing is just re ed, I'd agree. Somebody should win the damn match

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great talent, horrible in the locker room, and with a devastating injury. Cousins didn't get a single call at 12:01. Not one. He had to beg the Warriors to take him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Does Magic legitimately know how to put a team together?
    you're asking this after they just signed lebron when 2 summers ago, all the lakers could muster was mozgov and deng?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    you're asking this after they just signed lebron
    ...and promptly surrounded him with KCP, JaVale, Lance, and Rondo.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    There is no point really since the Warriors will be holding the LOB trophy next June. Cousins signing for the minimum took their 1 weakness away. The leagues only hope with Warriors is injurys but Green and Cousins is going to be really tough to deal with.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...and promptly surrounded him with KCP, JaVale, Lance, and Rondo.
    1 year deals tbh + they kept their rookie scale players. not a home run but sound business decisions all around. put it simply l, don believe they’re done tinkering with their roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're asking this after they just signed lebron when 2 summers ago, all the lakers could muster was mozgov and deng?
    I think you're crediting "Maginka" too much. Lebron was coming to the Lakers even if his gay son were the GM. Magic likely didn't have to do much persuading/closing. Lebron has always been Hollywood. And truthfully, I don't know if Lebron going there is the best thing for the Lakers. No one is beating the Warriors for the next 4 years, and the Rockets are still ahead of the Lakers on the pecking order. A star of Lebron's magnitude could hurt youth development since they'll be in deferral mode, especially if you add Kiwi next summer. Obviously you do not pass up an opportunity to sign Lebron, purely from a business sense, but from a basketball sense, not sure if he helps the Lakers long term. You can say he brings prestige back to the franchise, which will attract future stars down the road, though. Lakers went from the league laughingstock to the "it" team again, so he helps long term in that regard (i.e. a 16 year old future NBA star whose favorite player is Lebron will now want to be a Laker).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh, now Laker fans start mocking the Warriors.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Keep trying to that . The Warriors' fifth-best player is one of the best bigs in the league.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think you're crediting "Maginka" too much. Lebron was coming to the Lakers even if his gay son were the GM. Magic likely didn't have to do much persuading/closing. Lebron has always been Hollywood. And truthfully, I don't know if Lebron going there is the best thing for the Lakers. No one is beating the Warriors for the next 4 years, and the Rockets are still ahead of the Lakers on the pecking order. A star of Lebron's magnitude could hurt youth development since they'll be in deferral mode, especially if you add Kiwi next summer. Obviously you do not pass up an opportunity to sign Lebron, purely from a business sense, but from a basketball sense, not sure if he helps the Lakers long term. You can say he brings prestige back to the franchise, which will attract future stars down the road, though. Lakers went from the league laughingstock to the "it" team again, so he helps long term in that regard (i.e. a 16 year old future NBA star whose favorite player is Lebron will now want to be a Laker).
    Lebron’s not hurting any youth development if they’re “trash” , if anything this helps them tremendously since Bron has an uncanny effect in raising the game of role players. He’s the ultimate catalyst and there’s no sense to doubt it now.

I also dont buy he needs hollywood. He’s an icon and undeniably the biggest en y in the NBA, all this while playing for more than a decade in a hole like Cleveland.

I have doubts in Magic (I thought Pelinka was a brilliant hire though) simply because it showcased the Lakers tradition of lacking imagination. He met expectations though by catching the biggest fish in the market- I find it hard to believe Kupchak or Jim Buss could close a deal of this magnitude. Pelinka runs the operation, Magic is the front man, it’s a synergistic relationship thats making headway. It’s too early to pass judgment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron’s not hurting any youth development if they’re “trash” , if anything this helps them tremendously since Bron has an uncanny effect in raising the game of role players. He’s the ultimate catalyst and there’s no sense to doubt it now.

I also dont buy he needs hollywood. He’s an icon and undeniably the biggest en y in the NBA, all this while playing for more than a decade in a hole like Cleveland.

I have doubts in Magic (I thought Pelinka was a brilliant hire though) simply because it showcased the Lakers tradition of lacing imagination. He met expectations though by catching the biggest fish in the market- I find it hard to believe Kupchak or Jim Buss could close a deal of this magnitude. Pelinka runs the operation, Magic is the front man, it’s a synergistic relationship thats making headway. It’s too early to pass judgment.
    Honestly, no one can predict whether or not a prospect is "trash." It really does come down to how hard they're willing to work and the development structure the team has. Lonzo, for instance, will be "trash" if the jumper never comes, but he might develop it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Honestly, no one can predict whether or not a prospect is "trash." It really does come down to how hard they're willing to work and the development structure the team has. Lonzo, for instance, will be "trash" if the jumper never comes, but he might develop it.
    Appreciate the honesty.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Magic closed LeBron period. Yes LeBron wanted L. A. BUT if it was Mitch the Logo may have been a threat... MAGIC made sure no Clipper meeting ever took place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it, why not? Who even ing cares anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    laker gots all of sudden relevant again, every player not on their team is considered trash, yet they think their players are worth something...

Thread Information