San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fkn ballhog kent, he will get nowhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    highlights/lowlights clip

engaged Westbrick would eat him alive
    So a league MVP and face of the franchise triple double threat would eat a rookie alive? You must be the Oracle of the Forum with a take like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t seen balling this bad in a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a league MVP and face of the franchise triple double threat would eat a rookie alive? You must be the Oracle of the Forum with a take like that.

He looks so weak and tiny, can't finish, can't play defense, chucker..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Haven’t seen balling this bad in a long time.
    Lonzo, Fox and other rooks have shot poorly to start in SL so I wont crucify the kid yet.
    That being said here are my concerns:

1. The slight frame if physical SL play is a problem ...despote softer rules of modern NBA this dude's frame makes Steph look ripped in comparison.
    2. His shot selection. Comparing to last year's rooks even when Lonzo, Fox and even Mitc to alessor degree missed in SL they did not take the low % shots trae does. he has Steph type confidence in his J with game 7 Trevor Ariza type accuracy ...
    3. Its not just SL the 2nd half of his exciting frosh year showed some of the same bad habits over pentrating to turnovers and bad shots.

Just his first game and he has pretty good vision ...and at least he isnt scared to shoot ... but they really need to work on him with shot selection and just overall floor/game management. HE acts as though he has a green light no matter where he is on the floor, game and clock situation soesnt seem to matter much to him and Oklahoma stubled on cofrence play because of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonzo, Fox and other rooks have shot poorly to start in SL so I wont crucify the kid yet.

1. The slight frame if physical SL play is a problem ...despote softer rules of modern NBA this dude's frame makes Steph look ripped in comparison.
    True but that is after how many PED meals for Curry?

Give Young the same PED regimen as Curry and other NBA players are on and he'll be ok. Agree he is thin nonetheless, but so was got Curry.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game reminds me more of AI than Steph's. He should work on his craft based on that instead of shooting 35-foot jumpers 3 seconds into the clock.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I never understood the Trae Young hype. The guy was a chucker at Oklahoma and still is now. If the Hawks don't get a superstar with the Mavs' pick, Doncic for Trae will go down as one of the worst trades of the decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. His shot selection. Comparing to last year's rooks even when Lonzo, Fox and even Mitc to alessor degree missed in SL they did not take the low % shots trae does. he has Steph type confidence in his J with game 7 Trevor Ariza type accuracy ...
    3. Its not just SL the 2nd half of his exciting frosh year showed some of the same bad habits over pentrating to turnovers and bad shots.

Just his first game and he has pretty good vision ...and at least he isnt scared to shoot ... but they really need to work on him with shot selection and just overall floor/game management. HE acts as though he has a green light no matter where he is on the floor, game and clock situation soesnt seem to matter much to him and Oklahoma stubled on cofrence play because of it.
    First Lonzo still can’t shoot

Second, it’s not eh bad shooting. He couldn’t get to his spots (based on the video) with his supposedly great ball handling, even against lesser compe ion in summer league. His finishing around the rim seems subpar. Shot selection was questionable but I think that would improve as he realized this isn’t high school anymore and there are great finishers everywhere.

His vision is pretty good but so many unnecessarily risky passes. Those will be picked off easily in an actual nba game.

He will adjust but this was a horrible game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    First Lonzo still can’t shoot

Second, it’s not eh bad shooting. He couldn’t get to his spots (based on the video) with his supposedly great ball handling, even against lesser compe ion in summer league. His finishing around the rim seems subpar. Shot selection was questionable but I think that would improve as he realized this isn’t high school anymore and there are great finishers everywhere.

His vision is pretty good but so many unnecessarily risky passes. Those will be picked off easily in an actual nba game.

He will adjust but this was a horrible game.
    First we dont know anything about what has improved in the off-season with Lonzo ...
    I agree he (Trae) will/should adjust ...
    But again my concern I Saw some of the same mistakes he made in big 12 confrence play.
    His defenders/supporters say he had little help ... but some of his play was inexcusable imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't understand how this guy ended up being a top 5 pick in today's NBA. Even if his offense pans out, there's no way he isn't a liability on defense for the entirity of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First we dont know anything about what has improved in the off-season with Lonzo ...
    I agree he (Trae) will/should adjust ...
    But again my concern I Saw some of the same mistakes he made in big 12 confrence play.
    His defenders/supporters say he had little help ... but some of his play was inexcusable imho.
    I hope for your sake that Lonzo took a huge step up in his shooting as the lakers now have him and rondo who are ball dominant players who can’t shoot. Lebron is good but he’s not making chicken salad with that.

I can see kuzma working well with the king.

As for Trae he should adjust but he’s got huge red flags. People say curry 2.0 but I’m thinking more Seth curry than Stephcurry.

Thread Information