Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I did some thinking while reading through the thread debating whether or not Spurs should match, and I came to the conclusion that they shouldn't for two basic reasons:

-Bad fit with Murray: suppossedly, Murray is the PG of the future for the Spurs. Do you really want to commit 40 mils for the next 4 seasons to a guy that doesn't fit your future PG?

-The Spurs are getting at least a SF in a potential Kawhi trade: Whether it is Ingram and Kuzma, Covington and Saric or Tobías Harris, the Spurs are definitely getting forwards, so this apparently huge void they have at that position isn't really there.

I actually like Kyle, but it doesn't make sense to match, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me neither. It is not in Pop's DNA to tank, which is what it would take - aside from an injury to LMA.
    trade leonard for picks. Trade alridge for picks. Tank. Get 3 lotter picks next year and the possibility of at least one of them being #1 is high. Get Zion Williamson, the pieces to go around him and we're champions again in 5 years. Or, we can just keep making the playoffs and getting put out of the 1st round to keep Popovich's streak aliive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diminishing KA's value because he's a hesitant shooter is dumb af. What about Boris? I know they're not the same type of player but he had that same hesitant mentality (despite being a much better shooter than Fathead) and he was still a valuable cog. I don't think him developing a decent corner 3 and a decent midrange game is out of the realms of possibility either. I actually kind of expect it to happen.

Another thing, why are people being so short sighted with "roster fit"? He's 24 and his offer sheet is for 4 years. The roster was constructed with the assumption that there is a Top 3 player at SF. Obviously if Kawhitter gets his way that will no longer be the case and PATFO will build the roster to better fit the new core. The only reasonable argument I've heard for not matching is the fact that the Spurs would get a SF or two in exchange for Kawhitter, but KA can easily play the 4 in today's NBA.

Murray
    Green
    SF from Kawhi trade
    Fathead
    Aldridge

Gay, Manu, Mills, White, Gasol, player from Kawhi trade

That's a Top 5 team in Year 1 post-Kawhitter with room for improvement in following years, tbh.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris could be the sixth man scoring ability off the bench and could get his own one on one buckets in the post and had a wide variety of passing ability from said post. He could actually score by himself and was a great passer. And he could still shoot a ing 3 when he needed too. Nothing like Boris bruh.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Boris with the croissant"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well something should leak soon what spurs will do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris could be the sixth man scoring ability off the bench and could get his own one on one buckets in the post and had a wide variety of passing ability from said post. He could actually score by himself and was a great passer. And he could still shoot a ing 3 when he needed too. Nothing like Boris bruh.
    I said they aren't the same kind of player. I was talking about their passive mentality.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said they aren't the same kind of player. I was talking about their passive mentality.
    But If Boris has all that, he can't possibly be passive. Only thing passive was when he stopped shooting 3s at the end of his career and was wearing down and injured for the playoffs. Not mentally. More physically. And then he got dropped or traded. I can't remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when is the clock officially up? When should we expect to hear something?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You take one part and ignore all the others parts that Boris was superior to Anderson? Stop comparing him to Boris he is nothing like Boris that is like comparing Metu to David Robinson.

He is a decent player but he has no upside and I agree people who show they are scarred to shot the ball do not all of a sudden become shooters. It just doesn't happen let him go wish him well and move on and don't tell me we can't get a better player then Anderson that is like saying we can't find a better player then Forbes..lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But If Boris has all that, he can't possibly be passive. Only thing passive was when he stopped shooting 3s at the end of his career and was wearing down and injured for the playoffs. Not mentally. More physically. And then he got dropped or traded. I can't remember.
    Bro, Boris was notorious for being a passive shooter. He was very engaged otherwise and brought a lot to the team (which you listed), but the same can be said for Kyle (in other areas).

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, Boris was notorious for being a passive shooter. He was very engaged otherwise and brought a lot to the team (which you listed), but the same can be said for Kyle (in other areas).
    You haven't mentioned anything dude. Just repeated your last post. They are nothing alike and I still call out the same comparisons since fathead originally got drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You take one part and ignore all the others parts that Boris was superior to Anderson? Stop comparing him to Boris he is nothing like Boris that is like comparing Metu to David Robinson.

He is a decent player but he has no upside and I agree people who show they are scarred to shot the ball do not all of a sudden become shooters. It just doesn't happen let him go wish him well and move on and don't tell me we can't get a better player then Anderson that is like saying we can't find a better player then Forbes..lol
    What part of they're not the same type of player do y'all not understand? No I'm comparing what they do have in common.

What exactly would be the point of comparing Boris' postgame to KA's? Or KA's ability to run a pnr to Boris'? Just so I can use it as proof that one is so much better than the other? The overall point was that you don't have to be a scorer or a shooter without a conscience to make an impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when is the clock officially up? When should we expect to hear something?
    Tomorrow evening.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KA cannot run PnR dude.

In fact Boris got better PnR game than fathead.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris can WORK THE POST and PASS and SPOT UP.

Fathead can dribble in the PNR for 8 seconds and brick over a short guy, pass to someone with 2 seconds on the shot clock, brick an open 3, not do in the PNR cause no one respects his range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KA cannot run PnR dude.

In fact Boris got better PnR game than fathead.
    Wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fathead has a trash PnR game and that's playing when he is expected to play vs scrubs or has a "matchup advantage"

I never got that feeling from Boris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPURS will be compe ive because they are the Spurs. Aldridge Murray Gay Gasol and Pop etc. Will make sure of that with or without Kyle...
    They won't be contenders but they won't be lottery bound either...
    But that's the worst place to be in this league, tbh... being middle of the pack with a known ceiling... we'll see what the nephew trade brings home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get why some folks don't like Anderson, but he does some things that are invaluable to the Spurs. He can guard all 5 positions. That's highly valuable on any basketball team. He's non-aggressive, except when he gets switched on a smaller player. So if a team is switching and he gets a mismatch, he can readily post up and score on smaller players. He is also a legit ball handler that can get the Spurs in their offense. When you have young guards and a shorty in Patty Mills, having that extra ball handler can be very valuable. He's also an unselfish passer (maybe too unselfish sometimes).

If he was a good three point shooter, matching him would be a no-brainer and really make the Kawhi mess go away. As much is Kawhi is better than Anderson, way better, if Anderson could shoot (especially from 3 point range), then he could be 65% of Kawhi, which is enough to trade him for assets and forget that he was ever a Spur. But he's more like 30% of Kawhi, which is probably not enough to pay the money they have to pay to keep him.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get why some folks don't like Anderson, but he does some things that are invaluable to the Spurs. He can guard all 5 positions. That's highly valuable on any basketball team. He's non-aggressive, except when he gets switched on a smaller player. So if a team is switching and he gets a mismatch, he can readily post up and score on smaller players. He is also a legit ball handler that can get the Spurs in their offense. When you have young guards and a shorty in Patty Mills, having that extra ball handler can be very valuable. He's also an unselfish passer (maybe too unselfish sometimes).

If he was a good three point shooter, matching him would be a no-brainer and really make the Kawhi mess go away. As much is Kawhi is better than Anderson, way better, if Anderson could shoot (especially from 3 point range), then he could be 65% of Kawhi, which is enough to trade him for assets and forget that he was ever a Spur. But he's more like 30% of Kawhi, which is probably not enough to pay the money they have to pay to keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fathead has a trash PnR game and that's playing when he is expected to play vs scrubs or has a "matchup advantage"

I never got that feeling from Boris.
    I'm not going to trash Boris to prop up Fathead. Everybody knows Boris was my dude.

The thing is even with Boris, ST acknowledged his talent but he never really got his due until after the two Finals trips. Fathead will have to be a key part of a good playoff run to convert those of you that aren't smart enough to see impact unless it hits you straight in the face. Hopefully he's able to in SA.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should have stopped reading after the first sentence but then he said guard all five positions.

Never ever seen him shut down anyone.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to trash Boris to prop up Fathead. Everybody knows Boris was my dude.

The thing is even with Boris, ST acknowledged his talent but he never really got his due until after the two Finals trips. Fathead will have to come up big in the playoffs to convert those of you that aren't smart enough to see impact unless it hits you straight in the face. Hopefully he's able to in SA.
    Spurs aren't gonna match that offer. Hopefully he can do what he wants in the grizz team.

Thread Information