Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont know got.

Do you really have to insult posters every time you answer them ? That’s a weird habit...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just like he had a break out year last year when he started the majority of the year?!

His contract is not a moderate contract for what he is. Dude should be the 8th man on a team. If he is playing above that (like he did last year)... you're in trouble.

The smart people here that are concerned about losing him have all said the same thing... he's a minutes eater. Spurs are banking on Gay being able to eat a portion of those minutes this year and will either have Kawhi to eat the rest or will get Kyle's replacement back in the Kawhi trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides not liking Anderson, I don't want him locked up for 4 years at that number. If you tread water this year, you're looking at coming into a bunch of cap space next summer. People will argue that cap space doesn't matter b/c FAs don't come to SA... but even if that is correct... cap space = flexibility. I will take the flexibility over Fathead any day.

If the Spurs can trade Patty as part of a Kawhi deal (unlikely they would want to, but possible), the Spurs would be looking really good next summer in terms of cap space, with Rudy, Danny, and BP3 coming off the books, and with Pau only guaranteed $6M the following season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably know more about basketball than you do, kid. This player is good cause he can do almost anything on a court. But like many others around here you’re just too focused on trashing him for no reason.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really have to insult posters every time you answer them ? That’s a weird habit...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's kind of my point. We are losing the stars and giving up the glue. We're going to suck for a long time, there's nothing to celebrate here.
    On second thought I think I probably would match him since he'd have some trade value locked up for four years. I guess the point is moot though, if he and his dad are out there looking for apartments in Memphis they probably got a call from RC saying the Spurs aren't matching.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too bad the NBA doesn't have compensation picks like the NFL. Kyle may be overpaid, but letting him walk for nothing doesn't help. like many have said, top talent doesn't come to SA, excessive cap space isn't going to help the Spurs, got to draft well and hold on to (or trade) your players.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On second thought I think I probably would match him since he'd have some trade value locked up for four years. I guess the point is moot though, if he and his dad are out there looking for apartments in Memphis they probably got a call from RC saying the Spurs aren't matching.
    People are too damn conservative. He isn't any good, let him go. He doesn't have any trade value either.
    Don't get locked into contracts with players with little to no upside. The Spurs have to start thinking rebuild with upside players not locking up below average players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too bad the NBA doesn't have compensation picks like the NFL. Kyle may be overpaid, but letting him walk for nothing doesn't help. like many have said, top talent doesn't come to SA, excessive cap space isn't going to help the Spurs, got to draft well and hold on to (or trade) your players.
    I've been talking about NBA compensatory picks for a while now. Like have five or so picks between the first and second rounds. Three-year deals with a guaranteed first season and two TOs before RFA. Have them be untradeable but count as first-rounders for Stepien situations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign and trade him for JaMychal Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is White listed as a wing nad not a combo at worst in that stupid little chart Garcia posted?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, once the offer sheet is signed, nothing can be done. It's either match or don't.

Even if the Spurs matched, they would be forbidden from trading him to Memphis for a calendar year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, once the offer sheet is signed, nothing can be done. It's either match or don't.

Even if the Spurs matched, they would be forbidden from trading him to Memphis for a calendar year.
    Ah... thanks for that info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is White listed as a wing nad not a combo at worst in that stupid little chart Garcia posted?
    He's just using the positions from the Cleaning the Glass site. They use their own stats.

They probably based it off wherever White played last year, and if he was on at the same time as Mills, Murray or even Forbes they probably marked him as the wing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be amazing for SA to bring in Singleton the same season they let go of Kawhi. Somewhere, TJastal is smiling.
    I would love for the Spurs to give him a shot. He has been balling at a very high level the last 2 years in Euroleague. Defense, 3 point shooting. Both have been strong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were one game out of the lottery. If Aldridge doesn't have another career year or gets hurt for any stretch of more than a few games they're probably a lottery team this upcoming season, especially if Manu retires.
    One game from lottery but that was with Leonard holding out for 73 games.

That guy took up $19m in salary. Hypothetically let's replace two $10m above-average players into Leonard's spot last year and the Spurs would've been a higher seed, it's fair to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably know more about basketball than you do, kid. This player is good cause he can do almost anything on a court. But like many others around here you’re just too focused on trashing him for no reason.
    lmao 90% of spurstalk is dumb asses. Being an above average poster is remarkably easy. A certain type of spursfan became fans around 2012 and thought player like leonard , duncan, and manu were the standard and not exceptions to the rule. Now you hear, Blossomgame is starter! Metu is an all star! Oh and "I still believe in kawhi"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The TRUTH!!! Both guys were let go on very moderate deals too, for nothing back.

---------
    What you both said is true. That contract is really moderate even in this tight market and will probably be great by the end of it. But the worst aspect is that the Spurs are still in cap and can't add anyone else outside of deals so small that guys who can play in Europe may not even be interested in them. (Milutinov, Bertans saying he will also consider play in in Europe if the offers aren't interesting.)

They have some young guys who are intriguing but most of them are guards anyways.

What the guys celebrating his departure don't understand is that he was let go for nothing back. And that what they are getting instead is perhaps a paper tiger with a team whose previous advantage was size being undersized and playing midget lineups.

Perhaps a trade will be worked out to balance this put.

I know people are looking to the future, and the rebuild ... But he's only turning 25 in September.

He's young enough to bridge this team to the next generation team that's rebuilt. On an MLE deal? It's a no-brainer, coming from me, someone who does not enjoy watching his giant noggin flop around atop his neck.

I accept it's a done deal that he's gone, but I just don't like it. The Spurs find a way to massively overpay limited guys like Pau and Mills well into their damn 30s but are too cheap to give league Average and under deals to versatile guys in their 20s like Anderson and Simmons.

He was rough to watch and a coward when it came time to shoot threes in the postseason, but he is a legit NBA player with good defense and never gets hurt. That's worth the MLE.

Yes, it definitely eats into cap space next summer but he's not a Mills, he's worth his money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so 48 hours is very close to being over

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @AndrewDBailey
    No one in NBA history matches Kyle Anderson's combination of AST%, REB%, STL% and BLK%.

If you round the qualifiers down, you add Chris Webber, Josh Smith, Paul Millsap, Andrei Kirilenko, DeMarcus Cousins, Draymond Green, Oliver Miller, Ben Simmons and Jordan Bell.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i am loving the turnover this offseason.

no more joffrey, tony, anderson drafts picks are much more athletic than any of those three.

i hope the spurs rescind forbes' QO and that bertans takes the spurs' QO.

maybe gasol even gets moved with kawhi.

i hope manu returns, he can still contribute on the court and his experience, leadership would really help all young guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know people are looking to the future, and the rebuild ... But he's only turning 25 in September.

He's young enough to bridge this team to the next generation team that's rebuilt. On an MLE deal? It's a no-brainer, coming from me, someone who does not enjoy watching his giant noggin flop around atop his neck.

I accept it's a done deal that he's gone, but I just don't like it. The Spurs find a way to massively overpay limited guys like Pau and Mills well into their damn 30s but are too cheap to give league Average and under deals to versatile guys in their 20s like Anderson and Simmons.

He was rough to watch and a coward when it came time to shoot threes in the postseason, but he is a legit NBA player with good defense and never gets hurt. That's worth the MLE.

Yes, it definitely eats into cap space next summer but he's not a Mills, he's worth his money
    If they paid Mills, Spurs are definitely going to pay to keep KA in the team. They got no choice here.

My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    27 page thread on Kyle in Anderson lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The poor roster construction of guards makes it difficult to justify paying Anderson and using him correctly, unfortunately..you don't want to lose a guy with that type of on/off impact, there's a reason the Spurs are significantly better whenever he's on the floor, but it's just tough to use him with Murray, current Danny(who can't shoot) and especially when they're playing Aldridge/Pau together(way too slow)..

Ideally, you would never want a player like Murray at PG in today's NBA, but it's too early to give up on him and he's still on a cheap contract..the Mills deal is tough, since you can find one-dimensional shooters for much cheaper..if Green could remember how to shoot, losing Anderson would hurt less, but I've lost hope for that..

The lack of guard ability makes the fanbase excited over signing a career loser, no-impact player like Rudy Gay just because he can create his own shot, that's how badly the front office has done the past 2 years or so

Thread Information