Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you missed summer league Kyle then I'm sorry. Like Boris Kyle only plays well when in the right environment. Memphis Kyle= Charlotte Boris
    Agree. Likewise other players like Gary Neal, J. Simmons, Boban though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you missed summer league Kyle then I'm sorry. Like Boris Kyle only plays well when in the right environment. Memphis Kyle= Charlotte Boris
    Kyle's still playing summer league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle's still playing summer league?
    No, like Bobo his peak was brief and resulted ina championship. If anything Kyle could join a contender some day and show some crazy skill, but his base skill is to stand in front of guys and use size and length to defend which he's sightly above average. His outside shooting still sucks, it's pretty early to say Memphis overpays, but Memphis overpays all the time anyway so it wouldn't be a crime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle is supposed to be the 2nd coming of Boris Diaw
    I remember this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be on an upward trend. In his first 2 or 3 games with Mem, he was in a negative wp48, and is now up to .4, he's getting better. He had a rough start, I seem to recall something about illness... I think it's a bit early to judge.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrubitis is incureable, tbh..

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrubitis is incureable, tbh..
    Alright Doc Mcstuffins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks in a niche role. Sucks in a bigger role. Sucks in any role. Total scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just be glad we didnt give him that $$$

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly can't rationalize why he's so passive. If anything, it seems like Pop might have been helping him in that regard. Anderson isn't a good enough facilitator to have the ball in his hands enough to play like he did in the summer league. Dude has to make more of the touches he does get if he wants more. For his sake, I hope that JB can get that through his head. Anderson hate was a uniting force on this board last year, but he's still better than people like to argue. But damn, man, what's the excuse now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I liked his at ude, D, and versatility, but the passivity on offense and refusal to take open shots-- especially when he was sharing the floor with Danny Green-- could be really frustrating. It's hard to have a great offense if 2/5ths of your team is playing hot potato with the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would have to be Andre Roberson defensively to be good with his passivity in offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would have to be Andre Roberson defensively to be good with his passivity in offense
    The thing that is annoying that Kyle is actually a pretty good offensive player. He was one of the best iso scorers over the last few years, has a good midrange shot and can make good reads. He's just passive AF. Roberson may not shoot, but he knows what he does well (cutting, put-backs) and does those things. Even if Anderson played Roberson-level D, he'd still be frustrating as because of how little he seems to try on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always felt like his timidity was because he was simply afraid of failure or hurting the team. He is a very good basketball player. Very versatile with a lot of skills at a lot of things. That makes him a star in the G league. He is very crafty around the basket and plays decent D, in part due to his length. The problem is in the NBA he is very slow and doesn't assert himself on the offensive end. He needs favorable matchups, which means he should be the most valuable and versatile 9th-10th man on a good team.

He seems like a great team mate, but sometimes he looked like a perpetual coaster to me.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had 10 pts last night...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle still gets haunted in his sleep by dreams about shooting the open corner 3. Should he shoot it? Nah step in fake a long 2 and pass the ball to somebody else. That has messed with his head and he's now scared to shoot from anywhere. I really don't understand where those confidence issues come from. Pop must've really traumatized Kyle

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle vs Golden State later.

Let's see how he fare

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 pts
    4 rebs
    5 asts
    4 stls

29 mins vs GSW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why some people call it 'hate'... the dude looks like a 45 year old unathletic player that's afraid to shoot... that's not hate, that's calling a spade a spade. You can't be a cerebral player in this league unless you impact the game night in and night out. He doesn't have the guts to do that either.

At this rate this kid is going to be out of the league before Simmons, and he only has himself to blame, tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this rate this kid is going to be out of the league before Simmons
    No he's not, Kyle has a 4 year guaranteed contract. Simmons is done next season. After that he's going to be scrambling for the vet min, given how his ORL time has gone. He's also going to be 31, and doesn't have the best locker room reputation...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No he's not, Kyle has a 4 year guaranteed contract. Simmons is done next season. After that he's going to be scrambling for the vet min, given how his ORL time has gone. He's also going to be 31, and doesn't have the best locker room reputation...
    And u know about his locker room reputation from where?? Lol

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy has been for 5 years now. Are people really surprised that he still sucks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy has been for 5 years now. Are people really surprised that he still sucks?
    I think it has more to do with the posters who think he's good and still has upside..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are PATFO slurpers here who will follow this big-headed bum around until he retires, desperately looking to justify the FO picking him in the first place.

Just wait until he's in his 10th season and he finally hits a career high of 25 points. There will be slurpers here telling us how great we had it when he was on the team.

Thread Information