Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,201 to 1,217 of 1217
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is a bad player and certainly ain't helping the Wizards. He'd do jack on the Spurs for their problems right now. But I'll leave you to your delusions.
    Yeah. I did quote some advanced stats to make my case but those are delusions. Speaks a lot about this world where facts are delusions & lies/ gut feel opinion are facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I did quote some advanced stats to make my case but those are delusions. Speaks a lot about this world where facts are delusions & lies/ gut feel opinion are facts
    You have no ing clue what the Spurs need right now. Bertans. Give me a ing break. Muggsy Bogues might have had advanced stats, doesn't mean he could give what the team needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have no ing clue what the Spurs need right now. Bertans. Give me a ing break. Muggsy Bogues might have had advanced stats, doesn't mean he could give what the team needs.
    Lol. And you do

Lets try again. The Spurs are 15th in the league in defense and 17th in offense. They are 27th in the league in 3PA-rate and despite having the 10th best 3P%, have only the 18th best effectiveFG%. Clearly a knockdown shooter who can make use of the spot up opportunities due to the drive and kick dishing from Murray, Derozan, Walker and Johnson will help the Spurs if he is just about able to provide adequate rebounding at both ends of the floor. Turns out Davis Bertans is the best in the last few years in 3PAr and 3P% accuracy as well in the league (and way better than any other big as well) and his rebounding rate hasn't been too poor either if his last season (5.6 per 36 minutes along with nearly a block in the same timeframe).

Far from being "trash" or whatever nonsense you have called him, he has been a very effective role player for both the teams that he has played for in this league. Talk about being delusional.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. And you do

Lets try again. The Spurs are 15th in the league in defense and 17th in offense. They are 27th in the league in 3PA-rate and despite having the 10th best 3P%, have only the 18th best effectiveFG%. Clearly a knockdown shooter who can make use of the spot up opportunities due to the drive and kick dishing from Murray, Derozan, Walker and Johnson will help the Spurs if he is just about able to provide adequate rebounding at both ends of the floor. Turns out Davis Bertans is the best in the last few years in 3PAr and 3P% accuracy as well in the league (and way better than any other big as well) and his rebounding rate hasn't been too poor either if his last season (5.6 per 36 minutes along with nearly a block in the same timeframe).

Far from being "trash" or whatever nonsense you have called him, he has been a very effective role player for both the teams that he has played for in this league. Talk about being delusional.
    Nah Bertans puts up stats on a losing team but twhen he got playoff minutes on a playoff team he the bed. He's no different than Forbes he's worst on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. And you do

Like, ing literally what the Spurs need is rebounding and interior defense. Having someone who can put in bunnies would be a bonus. Meanwhile, you're jacking off over a guy who shoots threes and that's ing it.

GTFO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this hand ringing over Bertans

Once the playoffs hit he became unplayable cause he wouldn't even make open 3's anymore

He got 80 million dollars

You think the Spurs were going to pay him more than Derrick White

It says a lot about Bertans that he didn't become a real hot commodity until he went to a terrible team and was given a license to gun

He would never be able to play basketball for the spurs the way he plays for the wizards. since the spurs at least pretend to care about things like defense and rebounding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans just got benched against a ty bulls team for the exact same we had to bench him for

If anything I'm salty that he got traded to make room for a dude who in retrospect would have been a disastrous signing to begin with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah moving Bertans to sign Morris was the right move. Knicks are just a garbage organization. Their media and fans had the audacity then to make up nonsense about the Spurs tampering with Porzingas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gri...ree-point-shot

It sounds like he hurt his shoulder his rookie year and tried to rehab without surgery, which impacted Kyle’s shooting motion and confidence. Too bad we never saw the confident shooting Kyle in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gri...ree-point-shot

It sounds like he hurt his shoulder his rookie year and tried to rehab without surgery, which impacted Kyle’s shooting motion and confidence. Too bad we never saw the confident shooting Kyle in SA.
    Took 6 years to recover? Good riddance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is a bad player and certainly ain't helping the Wizards. He'd do jack on the Spurs for their problems right now. But I'll leave you to your delusions.
    Dude, did Bertans your wife or something? You are being overly emotional with his negativity towards him.

Going by any objective metric Bertans is by far an above average player and he would definitely cover major needs on this current Spurs' team. Mainly length and 3 pt shooting. He would easily be a top 5 player in the team and a closer. You emotionally trying to remain oblivious to reality and logic won't make these facts any less true, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah moving Bertans to sign Morris was the right move. Knicks are just a garbage organization. Their media and fans had the audacity then to make up nonsense about the Spurs tampering with Porzingas.
    I think giving up a second or whatever to trade Beli to sign Morris was the better move. You can argue Davis and Morris played the same position while Marco didn't, but honestly Beli played the three most of the year, and I don't think he was better in that capacity than Bertans would've been. Of course, it's easy to say "pay a second" or whatever, but that pick ended up being Tre Jones. We'll see if he has a career worth anything.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think giving up a second or whatever to trade Beli to sign Morris was the better move. You can argue Davis and Morris played the same position while Marco didn't, but honestly Beli played the three most of the year, and I don't think he was better in that capacity than Bertans would've been. Of course, it's easy to say "pay a second" or whatever, but that pick ended up being Tre Jones. We'll see if he has a career worth anything.
    I agree. Trying to move Beli would have been much better of an approach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic KA teaser game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats, KA, it took you 6 years to be worth a damn.

Thread Information