Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Now. His numbers would triple.
    Lol sure they would

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i'm sure mahomes would probably trade that mvp in for a super bowl ring in a heartbeat.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    i'm sure mahomes would probably trade that mvp in for a super bowl ring in a heartbeat.
    Yeah if you have to choose one, I think you go with the Super Bowl.

But I wonder if Eli would trade in one of his SBs for an MVP

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah if you have to choose one, I think you go with the Super Bowl.

But I wonder if Eli would trade in one of his SBs for an MVP
    Absolutely if you ask him now. No one wants to go out the way he's going out. He was a badass with those talented Giants teams of the late 2000s, and now that team is gutted and he's old and slow.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Lol the ol era argument

K, name the era that Aikman wins an MVP with his best season
    Mahomes would be a star in any era, but you're delusional if you don't see how passing stats have been inflated in this era.

As for Aikman: people have spent most of this decade pretending that Struggle Wilson is a franchise QB and an MVP candidate just for managing the game on mega-stacked teams. I don't see how Aikman couldn't do the same in today's NFL.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Mahomes would be a star in any era, but you're delusional if you don't see how passing stats have been inflated in this era.

As for Aikman: people have spent most of this decade pretending that Struggle Wilson is a franchise QB and an MVP candidate just for managing the game on mega-stacked teams. I don't see how Aikman couldn't do the same in today's NFL.
    He was never a leader in passing stats in his own era, other than a nice QBR.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

yeah I think Wilson with that fat salary hit with all the guaranteed money, and Seattle is beginning to show their true colors. 2 razor thin wins against bottom feeder AFC North trash, and then a beatdown at home against a good team that's missing their HOF QB. Seattle's time is over.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    yeah I think Wilson with that fat salary hit with all the guaranteed money, and Seattle is beginning to show their true colors. 2 razor thin wins against bottom feeder AFC North trash, and then a beatdown at home against a good team that's missing their HOF QB. Seattle's time is over.
    That's how the league is running with this salary cap.

You get a young QB that can play well on the rookie deal and you're good. Once the QB gets paid the team goes to

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's how the league is running with this salary cap.

You get a young QB that can play well on the rookie deal and you're good. Once the QB gets paid the team goes to
    then again, Seattle was in a lose-lose situation because Thomas wanted out, Chancellor/Sherman were rapidly declining, and the DL starters were really old... they couldn't really keep that defense together if they wanted to, even if they traded Wilson.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    then again, Seattle was in a lose-lose situation because Thomas wanted out, Chancellor/Sherman were rapidly declining, and the DL starters were really old... they couldn't really keep that defense together if they wanted to, even if they traded Wilson.
    Being strapped for cash doesn't help getting nice free agents to replace those guys.

It's not just him. The Ravens slid, Packers, and the Rams will be next

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Being strapped for cash doesn't help getting nice free agents to replace those guys.

It's not just him. The Ravens slid, Packers, and the Rams will be next
    Ravens were already going to be a problem because of the old age of their defense. Guys retired and there weren't guys available that were as good as Lewis or Reed available in the draft or FA obviously. Other guys like Boldin were just too old and expensive to even be worthwile.

Packers have always been a QB and WR heavy team dating back to the early 90s. They've never been a big spending team, especially on defense. They don't like to buy guys.

Seahawks were actually on the young side of their prime, but hotheads prevailed and the "legion of boom" didn't really like Wilson's camp, so that was essentially a Shaq and Kobe early 00s Lakers situation anyway.

A lot of different situations, I think the Rams contend for awhile with McVay's innovativeness, but he's not much of an analytics coach so he might get phased out in a few years tbh. I think Shanahan is superior despite his big gaffe in SB 51 and the 49ers will rule that division before too long.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    sure, but the latter is substantially more team dependent, so its a weird way to compare individuals.

Thread Information