Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    "There's nothing like Proclamation Season, with coaches and players hyping the potential of unheralded individuals at every turn. Typically, I just ignore these shout-outs, chalking them up to offseason fodder. But occasionally, some of the bluster -- when it's bold, but also sensible -- grabs my attention.

After hearing former*Kansas City Chiefs*edge rusher*Tamba Hali*raving about*Patrick Mahomes*on NFL Network's "Good Morning Football" this week, I'm beginning to buy into the hype that's swelling around the second-year quarterback.

"You're going to get a complete player,"*Hali said. "I mean, he's a smart player. He can throw the ball. Athletically, he's gifted. You don't have to coach it. In practice, I'd watch him just look guys off.*Eric Berry, you look him off and complete the ball. He did it to*Marcus Peters*a lot. People don't know what's coming. I don't want to hype him, but I compare him to Brett Favre. He runs around the field and he throws the ball and he's just having fun."

Whoa!"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...polo-overrated

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I'm gonna be stealing him in the 3-4 rounds of many ff drafts tbh

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I liked him coming out of the draft more than any other QB. Anxious to see how he does.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    prematurely anointed tbh

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    prematurely anointed tbh
    But he's played a whole game before

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Grew up just a few miles from me. I'm pulling for the kid.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Grew up just a few miles from me. I'm pulling for the kid.
    I used to play his dad in bball, football, and baseball. He was great at everything but I was surprised that he had such a decent MLB career.
    And that Paul Thomas didn't.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's the good Kaepernick.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    His game is nothing like Kaepernick.

The article had Favre comparisons but I think he's more like Donovan McNabb tbh

I'm gonna be stealing him in the 3-4 rounds of many ff drafts tbh
    3-4 rounds are you serious? This is a guy you take in like the 14-16 range.

He has a tough schedule to start the season. I could see him catching fire week 5 on and being waiver wire gold

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    3-4 rounds are you serious? This is a guy you take in like the 14-16 range.
    Yeah I'll be playing it be ear like usual. If I'm in a 12 team league and every team but me has a qb by round 3 then yeah ill wait until round 7-8.

Lol waiver gold.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol rounds 3-4 for an unproven qb

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    lol rounds 3-4 for an unproven qb
    Lol I'll hold out until late rounds if I can for sure but if I get the sense he might go I don't mind going as high as 3-4 round pick

I've got 3 leagues from $500 to 1200 and I'm pushing all my chips in on getting wrs/rbs in the first few rounds and then Patrick.

It'll be fun lol

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Don't know this dude/don't give af about the Chefs, but Pat Mahomes is a cool ass football name doe

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He has a tough schedule to start the season. I could see him catching fire week 5 on and being waiver wire gold
    I don't see that happening. Someone will take him in the late rounds as a second QB and hold him.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...agued-mistakes

New Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes has seven INTs in six practices

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Patrick Mahomes made a choice early in Wednesday's training camp practice that the Kansas City Chiefs' starting quarterback immediately regretted.
    With the offense close to the goal line, Mahomes dropped to pass but had a running lane so wide he could have scored the touchdown himself. Mahomes instead threw into the end zone, where the pass was intercepted by reserve defensive back Leon McQuay.
    "That was on me," Mahomes said. "I easily could have run in it. We were in a live period and I kind of didn't want to hear the defense talking trash to me for running it in because they can't tackle me [during practice]. So I threw the ball. ... You just have to play the game how it's supposed to be played [and] don't try to force something in because they can't tackle you. It's just something I have to learn from, and hopefully in a game I just run it in.
    "That's the first thing I said when I came to the sideline: I could have run it. [The coaches] said, 'Then just do it. Don't train bad habits.' ... That was the play that needed to be made on that one."

New Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes had three interceptions during Wednesday's training camp practice, giving him seven in six sessions. "He had a few hiccups today," offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said. AP Photo/Orlin WagnerIt was a learning moment for Mahomes and a mistake he might not make again. But it's not the only mistake he has made in camp. He threw two other interceptions Wednesday and has seven in six camp practices. Six of the picks have come during the three practice sessions in pads, when play is most compe ive.
    "He had a few hiccups today," offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said. "But that's a part of the process. When you're young you need those hiccups because they become valuable lessons. ... Would we like for him to be perfect? Yes. We'd like for him to have the highest quarterback rating ever. ... He just needs to be poised under pressure."

That's another mistake Smith rarely made, if ever.
    "Being able to get in and out of the huddle, calling the right plays and then not making a bad play worse is something I've got to keep getting better at," Mahomes said.
    "I have to eliminate those mistakes. It's something that can be described as a learning process. Hopefully I make those mistakes now and don't make them in the game."
    Despite the six camp interceptions, Bieniemy said he's not seeing Mahomes repeat any of his mistakes. They're all the result, he said, of different factors.
    He also said he's convinced Mahomes won't throw another interception when such a big running lane is available.
    "He even said, 'I could have run it,'" Bieniemy said. "I said, 'Listen, they all count the same. Six points is six points. If you can run it, go get it.'"

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Tough schedule to start? Cry me a river, look at the Bills' first half of the schedule then get back to me

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Oh there's no doubt Mahypes will be pulling up INTs but he'll also be piling up passing and running yards, playing a lot of come from behind football during that tough stretch

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tough schedule to start? Cry me a river, look at the Bills' first half of the schedule then get back to me
    Does the Bills schedule really matter?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Does the Bills schedule really matter?
    In the big picture, does the Chiefs?

Post Count
    Look at the Bills team . Schedule has nothing to do with it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    In the big picture, does the Chiefs?
    Yes, in the big picture of fantasy football.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Look at the Bills team . Schedule has nothing to do with it.
    Stick to basketball, you were always a poor NFL prognosticator, closet Charger fan

Thread Information