Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all former lottery picks are created equal... MUDIAY, HEZONJA, OKAFOR ARE LOTTERY PICKS TOO.. SANE DRAFTBUT WE GOT A FIRST AND SPACE FOR OURS...
    So this place calls Russell Dbust, but yet trading him for a first rounder and shedding one of the worst contracts in recent FA is not a smart move?
    KAWHI got u Niccas so shook you are ting on previous takes...
    A smart move would have been, for example, drafting Porzingis and not signing Deng and Mozgov. So that now you can have Lebron, Porzingis AND cap sace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear ya.... Let me just say that he was barely better than Danny Green at shooting three's last season

Green .363
    Bertans .373

and then he just fell on his sword in the postseason ( 3 for 18)

Unlike Danny Green, Bertans' only asset is shooting and when he's not knocking down shots in prolific fashion, he is a complete liability on a basketball court.
    Bertans can put the ball on the floor and is a very good passer. He's also an underrated shot blocker. His defense (specially team defense) and shooting will only improve with more playing time and the experience and confidence that comes with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A smart move would have been, for example, drafting Porzingis and not signing Deng and Mozgov. So that now you can have Lebron, Porzingis AND cap sace.
    Philly are proving you could royally up with 3 out of 5 high lottery picks (3 of 6 if you include Saric) and still build something good. Lakers drafting was beyond awful. Had they just drafted Tatum last year Kawhi would have probably been a Laker by now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And porzingis already has a leg injury (which I predicted), so No a smart team doesn't do that.
    Deng and Mozgof were already on books Maginka just righted a previous wrong which was... Savvy. Yall righted a wrong by extending pau... Not so savvy.

No doubt your team has been better run overall the past 20 years. But the last two? I WILL take Maginka over what I have seen from PATFO since Duncan left...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Philly are proving you could royally up with 3 out of 5 high lottery picks (3 of 6 if you include Saric) and still build something good. Lakers drafting was beyond awful. Had they just drafted Tatum last year Kawhi would have probably been a Laker by now.
    I agree I wanted Tatum which I said here and on LG but that is still an incomplete (so far) ...
    Boston not only got best asset but got an extra pick... No defending that. But I wouldn't trade Tatum for Injured KL anyways tbh
    And again to early to judge or even to claim I was right after year one.Eeveryone was on Porzingis his rookie year even saying he should be pick over Kat but right now I would rather have Russell tbh... And Kat despite his issues over both ..Easily.
    And Spidamitc seems better than Tatum year one, but I still wouldn't take him over Tatum... You don't judge a draft by one year.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 07-09-2018 at 03:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel that Bertans would've been successful in the beautiful game style. If we lose kawhi, I would love for the spurs to get back to it. Highly unlikely with lma but it would be nice to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need shooters around LMA, good move here. Congrats to Bertans! That's a fat payday!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans can put the ball on the floor and is a very good passer. He's also an underrated shot blocker. His defense (specially team defense) and shooting will only improve with more playing time and the experience and confidence that comes with that.
    He's a very good passer when he isn't chucking up contested 30ft shots*

He doesn't even average a block Per36*

He got more playing time his second year and his defense and shooting only got worse. There is absolutely zero evidence that it will, indeed, improve*

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers drafting so bad that PA TFO wants Kuzma and Ingram ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And porzingis already has a leg injury (which I predicted), so No a smart team doesn't do that.
    Deng and Mozgof were already on books Maginka just righted a previous wrong which was... Savvy. Yall righted a wrong by extending pau... Not so savvy.

No doubt your team has been better run overall the past 20 years. But the last two? I WILL take Maginka over what I have seen from PATFO since Duncan left...
    lol sure, knowing what you know now you wouldn't draft Porzingis.

No reason to keep arguing if you are going to be dishonest son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers have been terrible for years. Your attempt to act big time now is precious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you would have indeed drafted well, we would be asking for just one prospect, not severall, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look I think Bertans sucks.

I also fully believe that correlates to the amount of playtime he received and the herky jerkiness of the rotations last year. If he knows he's going to be playing night in and night out and he has a 4 year deal locked up I don't see any reason a dude of his height with his stroke cant be a deadly threat in todays NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol sure, knowing what you know now you wouldn't draft Porzingis.

No reason to keep arguing if you are going to be dishonest son.

I am being 100% honest.
    Look up the Porzingis trade I was the one that said bigs over 7 foot 1 dont save a reliable history of health ... Pointing to YAo, Smits, Zydrunas as examples. Which is why at the time I still preferred KAT and Druss even though everyone was calling KP a unicorn you can look it up ..I'll wait..
    Now if you are asking which prospect has more trade value outside of KAT I agree KP has infinitely more based on size and the fact the media bought his hype.
    But just saying when KP comes avialble for his extension I would not pay him the max.
    I wouldnt pay Russell either only KAT fromthat class imho has proven to be worth anything close to that.
    But at least Russell's injuries are minor.

Mark it down. I will say it again Porzingis will never be as good as his rookie "unicorn" year hype.
    HE will get overpaid and will be injured with leg injuries followed by back issues.

Russell tougher to predict I like his talent but he already has knee issues too. and wasnt a great athlete. A good one not a great one.
    BTW many spurfans were ing we did not draft Baby duncan or the better athlete (Oakafor or Mudiay)
    Yes Spurfans are great at scouting young talent, especially Raven.
    Some of y'all wanted to overpay on Kyle Anderson ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 07-09-2018 at 03:26 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you would have indeed drafted well, we would be asking for just one prospect, not severall, tbh.
    Celts drafted well but supposedly talks started with Tatum and one of their future lottery picks they acquired ...and he was the best asset from the last draft ...
    Lakers picked 2nd and drafted Kuzma with the pick acquired from Nets in the 20's ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah most likely. They have no stretch four, already cut Jerebko, and have the full MLE to spend. He had been rumored to have their interest.

That said, it's more than Bjelica got per year, kind of surprising

And even though I love Davis, he was trash in the playoffs shooting 19% from three which was his only job. Good that he wasn't scared to shoot like Kyle, but he wasn't making them

I just hope the deal is declining.

There's no reason not to, they can't get to the tax now. At least try to help the future cap.
    Sample size?

3 of 18 is pretty bad, but I put a lot more credence in his 38.4% from three over his career. That’s well above average.

Slumps happen. The Rockets shot 7 of 41 in game 7 of the West Finals. If they shoot 30%, they win that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cap is 50% higher than it was 3 yrs ago, this is like a 4 yr/$13 mil contract then for a backup 6'10" forward who can shoot the 3. What's the problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cap is 50% higher than it was 3 yrs ago, this is like a 4 yr/$13 mil contract then for a backup 6'10" forward who can shoot the 3. What's the problem?
    But he looks like a skinny Matt Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he gets some SF minutes more than pf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan or Saric next??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he gets some SF minutes more than pf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celts drafted well but supposedly talks started with Tatum and one of their future lottery picks they acquired ...and he was the best asset from the last draft ...
    Lakers picked 2nd and drafted Kuzma with the pick acquired from Nets in the 20's ...
    Well, we are trading a top 3 player on his absolute prime, of course we are not going to trade for a rookie straight up. The point is that if the Celtics made Tatum available, it would probably just take him and a late first rounder to make a deal. Since the Lakers didn't draft a Tatum, they need to give more pieces besides the draft picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sample size?

3 of 18 is pretty bad, but I put a lot more credence in his 38.4% from three over his career. That’s well above average.

Slumps happen. The Rockets shot 7 of 41 in game 7 of the West Finals. If they shoot 30%, they win that game.
    Slumps happen, but if a player doesn't make them when it counts, shouldn't that be priced in?

Like I wrote, good for him for not being too scared to shoot like Anderson, but if he can't make them ... Not helping that much.

A lot of his shots were open, he wasn't some gravitational force out there from my memory. I'd have to watch the series again to be sure .... But I don't think I can take that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Not justifying ty ones. SAID Lonzo is an incomplete. I get cap space doesn't mean to yall because... you are not a Free Agent destination... But cap space is better than Randle or Russell tbh. Especially when it comes with a first rounder that becomes a solid piece like Kuzma or that space turns in to LeBron.

Looking at trading Mozgof and Russell for Lopez and a pick without considering the end game is myopic.

BTW if I was a Homer I would have defended the original Mozgof and Deng deals or the Kobe extension... I criticized all of those and the Byron Scott hiring... Guess what? ALL OF that was previous regime.
    A laker fan calling SA not a FA destination when LMA had offer from LA and SA on the table and ran from LA. LA, had max cap space and had to sign Deng and Mozgov with all their “FA appeal”

Thread Information