Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow!!!! Now that's a bargain!!!! Locked up for four long years!!! Great job!

Roster getting better!

Mills White
    Murray Walker
    Green Belineli Blossomgame(?)
    Gay Bertans Metu(?)
    Aldridge Gasol
    Last edited by ceperez; 07-09-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the were the Spurs bidding against?
    Utah most likely. They have no stretch four, already cut Jerebko, and have the full MLE to spend. He had been rumored to have their interest.

That said, it's more than Bjelica got per year, kind of surprising

And even though I love Davis, he was trash in the playoffs shooting 19% from three which was his only job. Good that he wasn't scared to shoot like Kyle, but he wasn't making them

I just hope the deal is declining.

There's no reason not to, they can't get to the tax now. At least try to help the future cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need tall bodies/forwards so this was expected.

I like Davis. He's a good shooter. I thought he could have taken some of those Bryn Forbes minutes last season to begin with.

Hopefully he plays regularly now since he got paid. It will help his rhythm.

Just not really enthusiastic about it until the Kawhi-isis gets sorted out.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overpaid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After losing TP and KA, Pop needs someone around to throw at. Welcome back Davis!
    He still has Danny Green for that.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh brother, this guy stinks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it wasn't the FO's first idea, they probably prefered to have Anderson back but since Memphis offered a lot of money they had to let him go and Bertans is probably the B plan. The fact that he was also considering coming back to Europe confirms that : He didn't feel very wanted so explored other options, until Anderson's case.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    another PATFO favored bum who can't stay on the court against golden state. his performance against them last round was truly atrocious, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better give him solid minutes now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have seen, even though there has not been a lot of chatter, there were several teams interested in Bertans services. He has shown some improvement on defense and is obviously someone who can shoot and when needed finish at the rim.

He’s still young, fit’s on any timeline whether it’s rebuilding and/or competing and this contract is more than fine. He is an asset and for this price he will be a great trade piece if needed.

For people freaking out about defense. Without Kawhi SA was in the top 3. They have only lost TP who was really bad and Kyle who was really good. If they can get another defensive wing via trade or even still in FA, there is no reason to believe they will fall off a cliff just by losing TP/Kyle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the were the Spurs bidding against?
    Heh. He's didn't get a QO from anyone, even with teams rumored to have had interest. (Jazz, Nets,Wolves)

His agent said returning to play in Europe was a possibility. I think his agent had a minimum target or it simply wasn't worth it for Davis to come back.

Also, I think the Spurs had that same exact contract for Kyle for minutes as a backup 3/4. It was already in their budget. Since Davis is taking the role, they were fair in offering him the same contract.

Nickeling/diming him when they already had projected 4/20 in their budget for that role is really petty. Think Davis would be insulted and not come back.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Nick Kerr building this team? This team is literally built to be an easy sweep against Golden State. The most unplayable guys against them continue to get paid by us Danny green has to be next....

He shot 18.8% from 3 that series, and the sad part is he'll never turn down a shot no matter how garbage the look is.

I guess it's Crater face tradition to pay a ginger 5M/yr to be unable to do the only thing he's good at when it's playoff time

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another useless person signed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, he’s the best piece we got in the trade for George Hill...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are many games that Spurs got back in the contest dues to Davis fearless shooting. He's also got range, in today's NBA shooting from 3 feet away from the 3 point line is a necessary skill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what the most of you are talking about. Again, he's more than half of Anderson's salary, exactly the same length of contract, does almost nothing for the team. He needs to really improve and start eating up minutes for this contract to be worth a . He also needs to be ing consistent with his jump shot, which he's not. And maybe rebound a goddamn basketball every once in a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh. He's didn't get a QO from anyone, even with teams rumored to have had interest. (Jazz, Nets,Wolves)

His agent said returning to play in Europe was a possibility. I think his agent had a minimum target or it simply wasn't worth it for Davis to come back.

Also, I think the Spurs had that same exact contract for Kyle for minutes as a backup 3/4. It was already in their budget. Since Davis is taking the role, they were fair in offering him the same contract.

Nickeling/diming him when they already had projected 4/20 in their budget for that role is really petty. Think Davis would be insulted and not come back.
    With these younger players, there's an upside potential that doesn't get put into the equation.

Honestly though, Spurs with out a superstar like Leonard aren't going to be anywhere close to competing for a championship. Might as well have a team that you build up talent with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this Front Office giving 4-year contracts to role players for a sport? PATFO are the only one that are still doing it.

I'm fine with Bertans back, but he could have been gotten for less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it wasn't the FO's first idea, they probably prefered to have Anderson back but since Memphis offered a lot of money they had to let him go and Bertans is probably the B plan. The fact that he was also considering coming back to Europe confirms that : He didn't feel very wanted so explored other options, until Anderson's case.
    That's exactly what I thought.

Also as much as Kyle got, like Objective mentioned above, Davis shot 19% on 3 in the playoffs and that was really his only job and the reason he was playing. Of course the little trolls don't want to talk about that. It's meh.

He can get hot and may win the Spurs a couple of games just with hot shooting.

Without Kawhi this team is a paper tiger anyways. Pau, Marco and Davis going to make sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .440 FG%. .373 three point %, regressed from .399 the prior year.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need tall bodies/forwards so this was expected.

I like Davis. He's a good shooter. I thought he could have taken some of those Bryn Forbes minutes last season to begin with.

Hopefully he plays regularly now since he got paid. It will help his rhythm.

Just not really enthusiastic about it until the Kawhi-isis gets sorted out.
    comparing Kawhi to Isis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    comparing Kawhi to Isis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good deal, was concerned he’d get something over 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .440 FG%. .373 three point %, regressed from .399 the prior year.
    It's a small contract, but it's stupid. I don't get it.

Thread Information