My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's in the contest officially now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's in the contest officially now.
    Good for Davis. He is the poster child for the Inflexibility of the Old Asshole. Pop just HAD to force Davis into the PF role and punish him for his deficiencies at the position rather than putting him in a position to take advantage of his obvious shooting skill. I hope Davis wins the compe ion - perfect end to this story.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the latest Spur to go elsewhere and instantly watch his profile explode. It's funny, he was 1st in % last year and practically campaigning, but because of who he played for it fell on deaf ears.

This organization has a perception problem and they do themselves no favors by refusing to promote their players. Now that they're "just another organization" (in a non glamor market, no less), they better get on top of this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if the Spurs had kept him at least they'd have someone at all-star weekend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the latest Spur to go elsewhere and instantly watch his profile explode. It's funny, he was 1st in % last year and practically campaigning, but because of who he played for it fell on deaf ears.

This organization has a perception problem and they do themselves no favors by refusing to promote their players. Now that they're "just another organization" (in a non glamor market, no less), they better get on top of this.
    Not as long as the Old Asshole is around. Won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Davis. He is the poster child for the Inflexibility of the Old Asshole. Pop just HAD to force Davis into the PF role and punish him for his deficiencies at the position rather than putting him in a position to take advantage of his obvious shooting skill. I hope Davis wins the compe ion - perfect end to this story.
    Also the poster child for what happens to you when you aren't one of Pop's pets. Basically a 6-11 Klay Thompson and Pop spent all of last year running plays to get threes for Brent and Wombat instead. To this day, practically every play out of a timeout/to start a quarter is a designed play to get one a his pets a look from three. Wombat is killing it this year but he was awful the previous 4-5 years.

Also, Beli and Wombat shot like 20% combined and were directly responsible for multiple blown double digit leads in the DEN series and kept getting guaranteed minutes. Bert struggled with Millsap a game or two and was basically benched the rest of the series.

He deserved it last year regardless but tbf his volume is way up this year. He was on pace to make 200+ threes earlier in the year. He wouldn't have been left off even if he was in SA with that type of volume.

Granted, for reasons that I stated above he would never be utilized in a way that would get him that type of volume in SA but that's beside the point.
    Last edited by FkLA; 02-04-2020 at 07:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if the Spurs had kept him at least they'd have someone at all-star weekend.
    Nah, he would be in the Demarre Carroll role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sad and true.

If Pop had spoken on behalf of Duncan a quarter as hard as guys like Carlisle campaigned for Artest then Duncan would have 3 or 4 well deserved DPOYs instead of the zero he retired with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

reminds me of when Jonathon Simmons wanted to get into the dunk contest, but then declined cause the old man wanted him to focus on "playing basketball"

Senilovich is ing the franchise left and right

Currently, Washington isn’t trying to move Bertans, according to league sources, but is listening to calls from teams that are doing their due diligence and asking what his price tag would be as the trade deadline nears. Several executives around the league believe it would take at least a first-round pick for Washington to part with Bertans

Although Bertans will become an unrestricted free agent this summer, Washington—or a team that trades for him—will hold his Bird rights. That means he can be re-signed while exceeding the salary cap for any amount up to the maximum salary. He is expected to command a $15-17 million average annual salary, according to several NBA executives who spoke with Bleacher Report.
    Flopovich

"Let's trade him for Demarre Carroll. Carroll will look good in a suit behind the bench"

And now he's trying to trade Carroll, but nobody wants him

how dumb is this FO? They are definitely a bottom 5 front office in the NBA. This is Knicks level of idiocy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reminds me of when Jonathon Simmons wanted to get into the dunk contest, but then declined cause the old man wanted him to focus on "playing basketball"

Senilovich is ing the franchise left and right

Flopovich

"Let's trade him for Demarre Carroll. Carroll will look good in a suit behind the bench"

how dumb is this FO? They are definitely a bottom 5 front office in the NBA. This is Knicks level of idiocy
    Exactly my feeling. This must be what it's like to be a Knicks fan.

At least they fired the coach and gm.

But that's why I'm not as down on Murray and White etc.

They're poorly coached and managed, not put in position to succeed.

If they have better coaching, I think they'll be unlocked and unleashed.

They knew Murray was as raw as possible coming into the league after terrible coaching at Washington, he had remedial skills. Why didn't they get a point guard assistant coach to tutor him? He needs to be better coached.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards are all in on resigning bertans. get a fat deal to re up with the wiz

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

way to rewrite history. Bertans was not traded for Carroll but Morris. Morris is better than Bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    way to rewrite history. Bertans was not traded for Carroll but Morris. Morris is better than Bertans
    That ain't true. Bertans was traded to get a trade exception so Spurs could absorb Carroll into cap space and then sign Morris with the MLE. If you want to make a point, at least make the correct one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet the Wizards still suck.
    Fun fact, wizards are closer to play-off than Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet the Wizards still suck.
    So we should never want any star or role player unless they are from a contending team? Davis wasn't signed as the savior of the wizards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wizards are all in on resigning bertans. get a fat deal to re up with the wiz
    Good for him, he's more than earned it. One of the best Euro players in the NBA tbh fwiw imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics/Jazz/Pacers FO upon spotting halfway decent white b-ball player:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that means that at least one first was offered. It was rumored that the Wizards wanted 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ain't true. Bertans was traded to get a trade exception so Spurs could absorb Carroll into cap space and then sign Morris with the MLE. If you want to make a point, at least make the correct one
    yep. spurs plan was to sign morris with the MLE

but they already committed MLE money to Carroll. thats the mistake.

to fix the mistake, they had to trade bertans such that whatever they paid carroll would no longer come out of the MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that means that at least one first was offered. It was rumored that the Wizards wanted 2.
    He's giving first rounder production. Why the would they trade that away for a chance at a first rounder when they already have that. They're right to ask for 2 picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep. spurs plan was to sign morris with the MLE

but they already committed MLE money to Carroll. thats the mistake.

to fix the mistake, they had to trade bertans such that whatever they paid carroll would no longer come out of the MLE
    see I say they didn't even have to trade Bertans. They could've traded Mills, but he's culture. I'm of the opinion that they could've traded Belinelli's 6 million and worked something out with Carroll, so he gets the 1 million extra in his 2nd year. Not sure though. Doesn't matter, it was a dumb move to begin with. If you are looking to trade Bertans you should ask for at least a pick back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See if Bertans can win the 3point contest

Thread Information