Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have seen, even though there has not been a lot of chatter, there were several teams interested in Bertans services. He has shown some improvement on defense and is obviously someone who can shoot and when needed finish at the rim.

He’s still young, fit’s on any timeline whether it’s rebuilding and/or competing and this contract is more than fine. He is an asset and for this price he will be a great trade piece if needed.

For people freaking out about defense. Without Kawhi SA was in the top 3. They have only lost TP who was really bad and Kyle who was really good. If they can get another defensive wing via trade or even still in FA, there is no reason to believe they will fall off a cliff just by losing TP/Kyle.
    It's funny how fans can talk themselves into anything. Kyle was also young, also fit on a timeline whether the team was rebuilding or competing and he was a good player. He got too much in the open market and got a deal above the Spurs budget. That's all.

Davis was the backup plan.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $17M over the cap on a roster with 1 good player

PATFO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a lot for a guy that will have 5 double figure games this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With these younger players, there's an upside potential that doesn't get put into the equation.

Honestly though, Spurs with out a superstar like Leonard aren't going to be anywhere close to competing for a championship. Might as well have a team that you build up talent with.
    Agreed. Can't about this contract. It's really small, Davis will likely play a lot of minutes due to lack of depth/bigs and he can shoot.

Right now it's more important to see what happens with Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years to a player that didn't improve enough. Hopefully it's a team option.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a huge fan of Bertans but I think this is a solid investment. Golden State is going to make a lot of players look bad. He's long, can shoot, and is somewhat athletic. I wish this was the contract Anderson got, but obviously that didn't happen. Year three for Bertans and he should be getting close to 20 MPG now. Let's see what he does with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how fans can talk themselves into anything. Kyle was also young, also fit on a timeline whether the team was rebuilding or competing and he was a good player. He got too much in the open market and got a deal above the Spurs budget. That's all.

Davis was the backup plan.
    Huh? I wanted Kyle. This statement had nothing to do with Kyle.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years to a player that didn't improve enough. Hopefully it's a team option.
    It will be a player option, 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the were the Spurs bidding against?
    Euroleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $17M over the cap on a roster with 1 good player

PATFO
    It's pathetic tbh. No wonder kawhi wants out of this hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pathetic tbh. No wonder kawhi wants out of this hole.
    So he’s mad about contracts so goes to a team that signed Loul Deng and Mozgov? Makes sense!

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Is Nick Kerr building this team? This team is literally built to be an easy sweep against Golden State. The most unplayable guys against them continue to get paid by us Danny green has to be next....

He shot 18.8% from 3 that series, and the sad part is he'll never turn down a shot no matter how garbage the look is.

I guess it's Crater face tradition to pay a ginger 5M/yr to be unable to do the only thing he's good at when it's playoff time

this euroscrub had a PER of 4 against warriors last round. PATFO priority to lock up for 4 more years of course

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please don't bring back Forbes.....

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    So he’s mad about contracts so goes to a team that signed Loul Deng and Mozgov? Makes sense!
    that was jim and mitch who got ran out of town tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't gone anywhere yet tbh. And PATFO is still tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? I wanted Kyle. This statement had nothing to do with Kyle.
    You are right and frankly the general comment I reference wasn't made by you so I apologize for confusion. Last night a few fans made a similar comment but going completely the other way. How 4 year deals don't make sense, how it was best to preserve space for next summer, how The Spurs are likely getting forwards back in trade for Kawhi, basically concluding that a 4 year deal for Kyle didn't make sense and that he didn't fit The timeline of a team that was in a crisis and getting players back likely playing his position (an assumption)

Looking back on this, you used almost similar words but concluded different.

The only difference is the amount in the respective contracts that's all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the is this good value? What the does he do for this money?
    5 mill a year for a stretch 4 who can move his feet surprisingly well on defense is good value. He also ain't scared of the moment which bum Anderson was. With more minutes as opposed to being constantly in and out of the rotation his production will most definitely go up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Kyle than this bum tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who tf were they bidding against?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

this euroscrub had a PER of 4 against warriors last round. PATFO priority to lock up for 4 more years of course
    Which is why I replied to spursistan last night that performance against the warriors had nothing to do with Kyle's deal too.
    This deal had nothing to do with performance in that series.

Mills got 12:01/50 mills after a horrible, absolutely disgusting performance against the warriors two seasons ago.

Pau Gasol just said the Spurs were very happy with his performance and the Spurs don't have him projected in trades and guys still think that mattered!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 mill a year for a stretch 4 who can move his feet surprisingly well on defense is good value. He also ain't scared of the moment which bum Anderson was. With more minutes as opposed to being constantly in and out of the rotation his production will most definitely go up.
    Wow. He can move his feet on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was jim and mitch who got ran out of town tbh
    Some ownership group that makes terrible decisions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's official, PATFO spent 19 years stealing credit from TD. Now that he's gone it's clear they don't know wtf they're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it wasn't the FO's first idea, they probably prefered to have Anderson back but since Memphis offered a lot of money they had to let him go and Bertans is probably the B plan. The fact that he was also considering coming back to Europe confirms that : He didn't feel very wanted so explored other options, until Anderson's case.
    I disagree, I think one of them was seen as a good defender (and secondary playmaker), and the other as a shooter, I think with Bertans signing and Bellinelli returning, Forbes is out, Anderson replacement is not yet on the team (or will be Blossomgame for its defensive potential)

Thread Information