Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have preferred the Spurs tried to get Nemanja Bjelica instead of keeping Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was expecting DB to a 3pt ace, but he hasn't cracked 40% yet

His 3G% dropped by 2%+ from 16-17 to 17-18

At very best he's avg at rebounds, shotblocker, defender, iow, not a hustler.
    He's not close to average in those things.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh... don't hate it, but also don't like it. It is what it is. Can they still go after Mbah a Moute?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see him stay

I really hope he can stay consistent with his shooting, we need some elite shooting .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..... id have rather kept Kyle. At least his defense was good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a lot for a guy that will have 5 double figure games this year.
    Half the amount anderson will get for zero double figure games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see him stay

I really hope he can stay consistent with his shooting, we need some elite shooting .
    I don't think he's that consistent. He needs to improve IMO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why have like 3 or 4 people in this thread said Bertans is long?
    Height (w/o shoes): 6'9"
    Height (w/ shoes): 6'10.5"
    Wingspan: 6'10.25"
    were his 2011 hoop summit measurements. If anything that is short. Signing is Ok, but if choosing between him and Kyle, I would have chosen matching Kyle.
    consider:
    https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/player...64&season=2017
    You have to chose a scorer or the potential of one with this roster. Kyle doesnt make anyone better, cant get a bucket when needed and consistently lulled the team into and not out of droughts. Bertans can shoot you out of a funk.

If spurs had mutiple scorers then probably kyle. But they dont.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop posting and that percentage will go down a ton.
    Look at your post count compared to mine...

Get a life. Buy a real boat. Make real friends. Talk to a real girl...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs better give him solid minutes now.
    They better not. He is a bench quality player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh... don't hate it, but also don't like it. It is what it is. Can they still go after Mbah a Moute?
    We still have the same options with what's left on the MLE and the BAE. It will depend on Kawhi's situation for another SF

About Bertans i'm not jumping about this signing but i prefer this contract to what kyle will have with Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent price for a decent player.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at your post count compared to mine...Get a life. Buy a real boat. Make real friends. Talk to a real girl...
    Been on this board for years, middle school coach.

Make a podcast. Get real listeners. Upgrade to high school basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why have like 3 or 4 people in this thread said Bertans is long?
    Height (w/o shoes): 6'9"
    Height (w/ shoes): 6'10.5"
    Wingspan: 6'10.25"
    were his 2011 hoop summit measurements. If anything that is short. Signing is Ok, but if choosing between him and Kyle, I would have chosen matching Kyle.
    consider:
    https://www.boxscoregeeks.com/player...64&season=2017
    Anderson was more
    could have been the same offer to Anderson he said no so they offered to him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deep, I'm with you on all fronts. I'm not upset at SA since Kawhi being one of the biggest es in sports history is not something you can really plan for...

I was more lamenting the fact that they'd still be good enough to be an 8th-10th seed instead of completely bottoming out like i'd want them to....and that's not really a realistic scenario since Pop isn't coaching a tanking team

I've been pretty damn happy with all the non-Kawhi related moves this offseason (drafting Lonnie, letting TP/Kyle walk, getting shooters like Beli/Bertans...) if you're looking at it with a lens of the FO being put in an impossible situation with the Kawhi saga v. not completely blowing it up...
    The thing is, even if you wanted to blow it up you have to see what Kawhi yields in return first. So nothing they have done precludes them from still blowing it up. Letting TP/Kyle go helps that. Signing Beli, Rudy & Danny staying doesnt harm that and Bertans is part of a rebuild.

I dont see why people want to blow it up though! Like, you can always blow it up, you can’t always get back to being a playoff team. So if you can get younger, have a flexible financial future and still try to rebuild after Kawhi why would you just want to blow it up?

I get that you want top draft picks and that will be the best way to get a new star, but SA can still be pretty damn good if the Kawhi trade does ok and they will have cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half the amount anderson will get for zero double figure games.
    Whoa. I think the numbers bear out who the professional teams think is the better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well ya dude, losing Kawhi sucks and any team would take a blow. But, you can already see what SA is doing. They have Lonnie, White, Murray so they are building on the fly with youth around LMA.

All the other deals besides the young guys are 1 or 2 year. They project to have some serious cap space next year even if they don’t trade Mills.

I don’t know any team that could lose a Kawhi level player and still be more than a 8th to 10th seed. , OKC lost KD and still had Russ/PG and they weren’t any better and their cap situation, like HOU’s, is absolutely horrific.

People really need to do a reality check (not just you). I mean, I get it, this is a tough time, but SA was still a WCF when Kawhi wasn’t a b*tch and are in such a better spot than nearly every other team despite losing their superstar out of no where.

They actually already have some promising youth despite winning so much (HOU has none, NO has none, OKC has some), they are in a great spot cap wise moving forward to adjust/rebuild (HOU and OKC are totally boned, GS is boned) and they still have a chance to get some additional assets for Kawhi.

It’s not ideal but I honestly have no idea how people can be upset with SA overall. They aren’t perfect but if you compare them to damn near everyone else they look a of a lot more competent IMO.

Pau/Mills sucked and were bad decisions but even those were born out of loyalty and opportunity trying to win big for Kawhi/Lma. They came up empty while still adding youth and being really good, but even their bad (which to me, Pau/Mills are the only LEGIT gripes) was due to them trying to take the big swings that all of us asked them to do.
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're betting on his development. its a slight overpay now imo, but could end up being a huge bargain.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're finished.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been on this board for years, middle school coach.

Make a podcast. Get real listeners. Upgrade to high school basketball.
    You pretend to know...

But only thing that is a fact is you clicked on my podcast....and you and your alts live on the internet..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice signing. You can never have too many shooters.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next unicorn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told yall in the KA thread. Three point shooting is the most valuable skillset in the NBA right now and it's not even close.

I am a bit surprised that this is four years. Would liked for Davis to have taken a bigger step up before signing him long term, but It's not a horrible contract by any means and the dude can shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how fans can talk themselves into anything. Kyle was also young, also fit on a timeline whether the team was rebuilding or competing and he was a good player. He got too much in the open market and got a deal above the Spurs budget. That's all.

Davis was the backup plan.
    Do you realize how much you project?

Thread Information