Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else does PATFO move and still have the money work?

I believe I remember a thread on here where it was made clear for everyone that Davis was really the only *one* player that could have made it work. It sucks. I am a fan. But we were aiming for a clear step up in the caliber of our team. Had we landed Morris, we would be better. That said, Pop, and he has made it very clear, would never had traded him had they known what NY and Morris were going to do. Btw, forget not that he was just signed to an extension the summer before. Pop was planning to keep him but for the Morris trade. Put the blame where it belongs and stop the blind PATFO blame.
    Beli and Mills would had work as well, but Washington does not want our trash.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just further illustrates the urgency and need for Pop to retire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just further illustrates the urgency and need for Pop to retire
    No it’s not. Did you see how Pop magically transformed Lonnie from scrub to all star in just 20 games by continuously benching him this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans ting all over Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White
    Green
    DeRozan
    Aldridge
    Poetle

Murray
    Mills
    Walker
    Gay
    Bertans

That team goes to the playoffs 23 straight.

Green still would have been a free agent this past summer and he probably would have joined the Lakers anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well ya dude, losing Kawhi sucks and any team would take a blow. But, you can already see what SA is doing. They have Lonnie, White, Murray so they are building on the fly with youth around LMA.

All the other deals besides the young guys are 1 or 2 year. They project to have some serious cap space next year even if they don’t trade Mills.

I don’t know any team that could lose a Kawhi level player and still be more than a 8th to 10th seed. , OKC lost KD and still had Russ/PG and they weren’t any better and their cap situation, like HOU’s, is absolutely horrific.

People really need to do a reality check (not just you). I mean, I get it, this is a tough time, but SA was still a WCF when Kawhi wasn’t a b*tch and are in such a better spot than nearly every other team despite losing their superstar out of no where.

They actually already have some promising youth despite winning so much (HOU has none, NO has none, OKC has some), they are in a great spot cap wise moving forward to adjust/rebuild (HOU and OKC are totally boned, GS is boned) and they still have a chance to get some additional assets for Kawhi.

It’s not ideal but I honestly have no idea how people can be upset with SA overall. They aren’t perfect but if you compare them to damn near everyone else they look a of a lot more competent IMO.

Pau/Mills sucked and were bad decisions but even those were born out of loyalty and opportunity trying to win big for Kawhi/Lma. They came up empty while still adding youth and being really good, but even their bad (which to me, Pau/Mills are the only LEGIT gripes) was due to them trying to take the big swings that all of us asked them to do.
    Holy sh*t! I wrote the sniffer handbook

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris did not trade Bertans. This is all on Pop. He kept trying to make Bertans play away from his strengths when he should have been using him to play towards his strengths. In today's NBA there is no greater need than a big who can shoot the three. Pop has become an old fool in his old age.
    Truth bomb. You don't trade away a guy like this until you have the incoming guy locked up. Crusty old zit face jumped the gun.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Davis you need to get over yourself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He wasn't over himself"

No it’s not. Did you see how Pop magically transformed Lonnie from scrub to all star in just 20 games by continuously benching him this season?
    Pop benching him in the playoffs lit a fire under him. Bertans is now a better player, cause of Pop. *insert sniffs here*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ No one tell Bertans that's the wrong Morris twin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans getting back at the Morris family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latvian Laser!

Both Morris twins are es anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latvian Laser!

Both Morris twins are es anyways.
    crybaby depressed es that is... remember how they just had to play on the same team or else? what a bunch of pussies!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop

Drunkford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man Bert yo!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would've permanently benched him for 10 games if he did that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would've permanently benched him for 10 games if he did that
    Yeah but imagine his three-point percentage afterwards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking back id rather have bert than morris obviously

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read and article were it said Bertans will be one of the hottest free agents this summer he is in fire from
    the 3. They are saying multiple teams are possibly making a trade pitch to get him not sure if that is possible since he just got traded. He has drained 93 threes this year playing 23 games it took him 99 games with the Spurs last year to do that WOW.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ace with the goods, as always. Thanks for posting that. One of the things I really loved about Bertans was that he had the kind of toughness that Pop's teams chronically need. He wasn't some crazy-ass technical foul machine like 'Sheed, but he didn't take from anyone. That clip is priceless. And, yeah, Pop would have had him in the doghouse for the rest of the season over it.

I'm sorry he has to play for the Wiz, but I'm glad he got out of Cuckville.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You've finally embraced the Dark Side. Now... take the final step... admit that they should have blown it up two years ago and join the Dark Side fully. Say the words, Dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find this comment interesting, Dude, since it mostly still holds true, even with our grim start to the season. As much as everyone is cliff-jumping... San Antonio is not on a bad spot, long term speaking. Obviously nobody is thrilled with tanking after two decades of continued success; but the Spurs currently own all their future first-round picks, have a couple assets which could be traded for additional picks, and have set up a salary structure such that every player on the roster (except for Carroll, lmao) is off the books at, in the worst scenario, two seasons' time. The jury, imo, is still out on our young core of DJ-White-Lonnie, mainly due to -awful coaching that has done the exact opposite from putting them in a position to succeed so far -- but even if they all cap out as role players, they very well could support the lottery picks that SA probably has coming in the next years. The Spurs' development program, while a bit outdated now as far as the modern game goes (which I also mainly blame on Pop), is still top-notch in the league, greatly increasing the chance that a prospect succeeds instead of busting.

All these losses have people concerned about the short-term view, which admittedly isn't good, but if the FO makes a couple trades the Spurs could be set up for a primed, short rebuild. We just have to commit to it and stop chasing around a dream of contention, which just isn't possible given the Spurs' old and chokeful core.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find this comment interesting, Dude, since it mostly still holds true, even with our grim start to the season. As much as everyone is cliff-jumping... San Antonio is not on a bad spot, long term speaking. Obviously nobody is thrilled with tanking after two decades of continued success; but the Spurs currently own all their future first-round picks, have a couple assets which could be traded for additional picks, and have set up a salary structure such that every player on the roster (except for Carroll, lmao) is off the books at, in the worst scenario, two seasons' time. The jury, imo, is still out on our young core of DJ-White-Lonnie, mainly due to -awful coaching that has done the exact opposite from putting them in a position to succeed so far -- but even if they all cap out as role players, they very well could support the lottery picks that SA probably has coming in the next years. The Spurs' development program, while a bit outdated now as far as the modern game goes (which I also mainly blame on Pop), is still top-notch in the league, greatly increasing the chance that a prospect succeeds instead of busting.

All these losses have people concerned about the short-term view, which admittedly isn't good, but if the FO makes a couple trades the Spurs could be set up for a primed, short rebuild. We just have to commit to it and stop chasing around a dream of contention, which just isn't possible given the Spurs' old and chokeful core.
    I agree. DeRozan and Aldridge are born chokers!

Thread Information