Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love this game. Never played a Zelda game before but with all the great reviews, I bought this one.

But how the can I carry around unlimited piles of wood, 200+ pieces of fruit/meat but can only carry 7 melee weapons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought it when I got my switch but got bored after twenty mins tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massively overrated game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought it when I got my switch but got bored after twenty mins tbh
    Maybe you didn't give it long enough. That first area is pretty dull until you start gearing up. I love the puzzle aspect of it.

Massively overrated game
    No way loser! Have your tried it with Beats?

Either of ya'll have any recommendations for Switch games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you didn't give it long enough. That first area is pretty dull until you start gearing up. I love the puzzle aspect of it.

It's a good game but not even close to GOTY much less the greatest game ever hype it got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good game but not even close to GOTY much less the greatest game ever hype it got.
    I don't play enough of this type of game to know. The last adventure game I played was No More Heroes on the Wii (which was excellent). So other than saying that I enjoy Zelda, I can't really
    give a score that's relative to anything else out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Xenoblade chronicles 2 is a good game for the switch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Xenoblade chronicles 2 is a good game for the switch
    Thanks. I've been wondering about that. The only thing that gives me pause is the RPG aspect. Are you constantly having to change characters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't play enough of this type of game to know. The last adventure game I played was No More Heroes on the Wii (which was excellent). So other than saying that I enjoy Zelda, I can't really
    give a score that's relative to anything else out there.
    It's completely unlike any Zelda game ever made. When it comes to open world exploration it is hands down the best game ever at it. The climbing and exploration are outstanding, nothing ever made comes close. Where I think it falls short is the combat. I'd still give the game an 8.5/10 though. Highly worth playing for 100-150 hours, just not a 10/10 IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's completely unlike any Zelda game ever made. When it comes to open world exploration it is hands down the best game ever at it. The climbing and exploration are outstanding, nothing ever made comes close. Where I think it falls short is the combat. I'd still give the game an 8.5/10 though. Highly worth playing for 100-150 hours, just not a 10/10 IMO.
    Yeah...I agree about the combat. I think the bow and arrow is pretty well done. But it's not very smooth when fighting with a melee weapon. I've gotten to the point that unless it's a boss or a quest requirement, I'll just avoid the fights. I hate that the weapons break so easily as well.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I thought it was really fun, and the gaming hipster hate for it is fun too.

Only complaint is that climbing gets tedious, and there’s way too much of it early on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only complaint is that climbing gets tedious, and there’s way too much of it early on.
    Yeah...I'm at the point to where I almost always turn in orbs for stamina.

One thing that's frustrating as is when it rains when I'm needing to climb somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I gotta disagree, the climbing is the best part of the game IMO. But I hate the ing rain, it happens way too often and when it's raining you can't climb so you pretty much can't explore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep an eye on Project Octopath Traveler. It releases Friday and looks like it's inspired by the oldschool SNES Final Fantasy games as well as the Bravely Default series on 3DS. Nintendo's big release this year is going to be the new Smash Bros, so see if that interests you. And Super Mario Odyssey looks incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep an eye on Project Octopath Traveler. It releases Friday and looks like it's inspired by the oldschool SNES Final Fantasy games as well as the Bravely Default series on 3DS. Nintendo's big release this year is going to be the new Smash Bros, so see if that interests you. And Super Mario Odyssey looks incredible.
    Thanks. I have Mario Odyssey and it’s great. I stopped after level 1 to start Zelda but am loooking forward to getting back to it. My kid loves Smash so will probably get it. I like it enough to play.

I’m hoping they’re going to have a Metroid release someday. And Starfox but that hasn’t been mentioned.

Will keep an eye out for Octopath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I have Mario Odyssey and it’s great. I stopped after level 1 to start Zelda but am loooking forward to getting back to it. My kid loves Smash so will probably get it. I like it enough to play.

I’m hoping they’re going to have a Metroid release someday. And Starfox but that hasn’t been mentioned.

Will keep an eye out for Octopath.
    They announced they were working on Metroid Prime IV a little more than a year ago though they haven't shown any gameplay or even anything in engine so I have a hard time seeing it coming before 2020. I haven't heard anything about a new Starfox. The one on Wii U was supposed to be awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta disagree, the climbing is the best part of the game IMO. But I hate the ing rain, it happens way too often and when it's raining you can't climb so you pretty much can't explore.
    This for real?

No items to make you climb with rain?

Saw a used Swith for 299 with Zelda and I'm strongly cobsidering the purchase?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They announced they were working on Metroid Prime IV a little more than a year ago though they haven't shown any gameplay or even anything in engine so I have a hard time seeing it coming before 2020. I haven't heard anything about a new Starfox. The one on Wii U was supposed to be awful.
    I heard that also about SF. But I think it was due to them incorporating the WiiU controller as opposed to the game. Most of the complaints I read related to how hard it was to control. The game pad was your rear view and the TV screen was the front.

Hopefully, if they ever come out with another one, it’ll just be a newer better version of the 64 version.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Thanks. I've been wondering about that. The only thing that gives me pause is the RPG aspect. Are you constantly having to change characters?
    nah, you can change the specialty the driver or whatever tf its called that follows you, each character has some, but for the most part you're not switching characters constantly. i havent beat it yet though but its a good game. if you are into or familiar with japenese rpg games

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    and tbh i dont "hate" botw because its hip or anything, just not really my cup of tea and got bored quickly from it. i was never really into zelda except the first two on NES/SNES

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, you can change the specialty the driver or whatever tf its called that follows you, each character has some, but for the most part you're not switching characters constantly. i havent beat it yet though but its a good game. if you are into or familiar with japenese rpg games
    I'm familiar with Japanese rpg. Mostly due to that's about the only thing that comes out on the Sony Vita. There was a potentially great game called Persona but I got frustrated with the long cut scenes. And every once in a while, they would mention an important clue so I couldn't really skip them. I didn't mind the delivery of the clues but just how long they seemed to take. I think that was Persona anyway.

If Xenoblade is similar, I don't know that I'd enjoy it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "..
    . Of
    Massively overrated game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love my switch.

Lmao, why did apa get pinked?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love my switch.

Lmao, why did apa get pinked?
    Just got one. God damn Mario Odyssey is epic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got one. God damn Mario Odyssey is epic.
    If you're looking for an awesome free game, you're in luck.

https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games...arframe-switch

Thread Information