Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im guessing it is a PO, but that is just an estimate from Pincus.

The financial breakdown is an estimate, not the PO. You can't estimate that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad we're finally dispensing with defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People complain with long contracts, then people complain with short contracts that likely give the team some flexibility next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just keeps getting worse smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, so i think i'll go with sagirl, as of right now i'm switching team and i'm a memphis grizzlies fan!!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs don't have a lot of money to spend... if you were expecting a splash it's gonna come via trade. not defending resigning forbes though.

would be happy with jabari signing but that's unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I'll root for this team in every game no matter who is on it, but you can't expect us to be excited over fadeaway 2's and Davis/Forbes/Gasoft/etc. This is going to be the most boring season in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it time for PATFO to call it quits?

I'm seriously worried about what they end up getting for Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People complain with long contracts, then people complain with short contracts that likely give the team some flexibility next summer.
    People complain about ty players getting new deals. Also, I love how this mythical "flexibility" gets pushed back every summer. Seems like just yesterday we were all talking about all that cap space in 2017. Then it was this year...Now it's the next. Next year we will be talking about flexibility in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I'll root for this team in every game no matter who is on it, but you can't expect us to be excited over fadeaway 2's and Davis/Forbes/Gasoft/etc. This is going to be the most boring season in years.
    Same roster as last year so I expect the same lot of overpassing and awkward shot selection we kept seeing in the offense because no one can create their own shots. Only way to salvage the season is giving Walker/White extended playing time. I'll root for the team too, but that offense is painful to watch.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense that PATFO just doesn't give a anymore. Craterface has a backup gig guaranteed under his sleeve that he only has to show up to during the summer, and Drunkford is still living off of Duncan's coattails. Just hope we can trade the latter, Doc Rivers style, before the league finds out he's a fraud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really, really hope that Forbes, Belinelli, Bertans and Mills aren't ALL in the rotation

They should be looking for high-level 2-way players like they had in 2013 and 2014, not bottom-level defensive liabilities..even if they don't have money to lure big names, it doesn't mean they should be making a bunch of redundant signings..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am consistent; unless you are truly talented and part of a young good core no matter what happens to Kawhi, you should not get more than one year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is just weird; all of these signings and non-signings (Parker!!) makes me think they are still trying to work things out with Kawhi..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is just weird; all of these signings and non-signings (Parker!!) makes me think they are still trying to work things out with Kawhi..
    I really hope they do, it's the only hope for a watchable season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, it's the only way any of this makes sense.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Hey buddy, how do you feel about finishing off your late-20's playing next to MVPau, MVPatty, B3rtans, Ferrari, and Forbe$ bay bay! Sign on that X, right there!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am consistent; unless you are truly talented and part of a young good core no matter what happens to Kawhi, you should not get more than one year.
    Dag , just a year? Lol.. I think Bertans is talented, and obviously has areas he needs to work on. But it's also possible he makes a leap next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God I love all the wrist slitting going on in there. Weed out the ty, spoiled fans over the next two years, then rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have always thought and believed RC when he said they want Kawhi back and will look to repair the relationship.

I won't about Davis deal. Glad for him he got paid. Just got to hope he earns it and doesn't turn out overrated and overpaid. Apparently only former Spurs reach that level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad we're finally dispensing with defense.
    And rebounding.

Murray is going to be playing the SF spot in this team.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God I love all the wrist slitting going on in there. Weed out the ty, spoiled fans over the next two years, then rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf...

White spot up shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess we thought he was more valuable. Can't see this board taking this contract very well...
    It's short term. The team has no other means of adding forward depth bc they are over the cap. Bertans was still seeking offer sheets and Spurs didn't want the risk of letting another team set the terms of the contract, and make it really unpalatable with trade kickers or more than they wanted to pay. They ended up paying him more than their budget but bc of that made the deal shorter. It was a compromise IMO. Just my speculation with some common sense. Have to congratulate him and hope he lives up to it.

For the record Gays deal was only one year bc he will want more next season.

This was never about capspace IMO.

Spurs will have some pieces to trade and that's the only way (and drafting well) they have to reshape things.

Thread Information