My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All we heard around LeBron talk was the Flamers and the Sixers with some occasional Spurs pipe dream talk.

How come no strong possibilities of LeBron joining the Celts?

Seems like that would have been the best team to overcome The Disney/ESPN/ABC/LGBT/NBA Warriors.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you remember last off season right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you remember last off season right?
    Ya I don't discount that Flat Earth Irving and his ing about LeBron was an obstacle.
    Altho wouldn't Ainge jettison Irving in 2 seconds if it meant landing Lebron?

They could have even done some Irving, ____ and picks for Kawhi. Popped and the FO might have been game.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya I don't discount that Flat Earth Irving and his ing about LeBron was an obstacle.
    Altho wouldn't Ainge jettison Irving in 2 seconds if it meant landing Lebron?

They could have even done some Irving, ____ and picks for Kawhi. Popped and the FO might have been game.
    There are about 4 teams Lebron couldve joined that would challenge the worriers, but he joined the lakers for business reasons. if he really wanted a championship, boston, sixers, rockets, even spurs if kawhi isnt such a got could all beat the warriors with lebron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are about 4 teams Lebron couldve joined that would challenge the worriers, but he joined the lakers for business reasons. if he really wanted a championship, boston, sixers, rockets, even spurs if kawhi isnt such a got could all beat the warriors with lebron
    Right, and yet it seem all that was in the media about was Sixers, Rockets, Flamers.
    Not a peep about LeBron Celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Celts did put out offers:

Report: Celtics Offered Tons of Draft Picks for Kawhi Leonard*

“[As] all the reporting from this sort of trickled in, I think the Celtics offered most of their best draft picks,” ESPN's Zach Lowe said on his podcast when talking about the Leonard move. “I don’t think the Celtics just offered, ‘You could have a bunch of our picks.’ I think some of the picks they own — at least two of the picks, if not all of them — that they own from other teams, including the Kings, Grizzlies and Clippers, I think those were all in the deal.”

https://985thesportshub.com/2018/07/...kawhi-leonard/

* if Zack Lowe is to be believed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“[As] all the reporting from this sort of trickled in, I think the Celtics offered most of their best draft picks,” ESPN's Zach Lowe said on his podcast when talking about the Leonard move. “I don’t think the Celtics just offered, ‘You could have a bunch of our picks.’ I think some of the picks they own — at least two of the picks, if not all of them — that they own from other teams, including the Kings, Grizzlies and Clippers, I think those were all in the deal.”

Boston is just trying to cover their ass in case Kawhi returns to MVP form so they don't look bad in front of their fans for not acquiring Kawh. This is very vague report by Lowe. Nobody knows how many picks Boston offered. Also those picks would have been ty if they are lottery protected by those other teams. Factor in Boston's pick which would be ty since they are going to have a good record every year if they are healthy. In the end Boston for thinking they could low ball the Spurs and get away with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston is just trying to cover their ass in case Kawhi returns to MVP form so they don't look bad in front of their fans for not acquiring Kawh. This is very vague report by Lowe. Nobody knows how many picks Boston offered. Also those picks would have been ty if they are lottery protected by those other teams. Factor in Boston's pick which would be ty since they are going to have a good record every year if they are healthy. In the end Boston for thinking they could low ball the Spurs and get away with it.
    Agree, so on that note how do you know the Celts did lowball?
    Another angle presented is that CIA Popped does not want to go into rebuilding at all until he (hopes)
    to retire into the sunset with a super stacked Olympic Commercial Games team. Is it possible the Celts did offer a boatload of picks and PATFO declined?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How many were lottery picks and/or picks without restrictions? Zero?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, so on that note how do you know the Celts did lowball?
    Another angle presented is that CIA Popped does not want to go into rebuilding at all until he (hopes)
    to retire into the sunset with a super stacked Olympic Commercial Games team. Is it possible the Celts did offer a boatload of picks and PATFO declined?
    Celtics were allegedly only wiling to offer Rozier for Kawhi and some ty draft pick. They were trying to get Kawhi for as little as possible. I feel any Kawhi trade with them should have gotten them a shot at 1 member of the group of Tatum-Irving-Brown. They were not willing to offer any of those guys for Kawhi. Those draft picks like I said were probably ty picks that were lottery protected and the ones that were the Celtics picks were going to be ty due to the Celtics being a 50 plus win team. Like I said before Boston is just trying to cover their ass from media criticism in case Kawhi has an MVP level season. In the end I'm fine with what PATFO did since Boston,Philly,LA were all trying to create super teams at the Spurs expense by offering scrubs for Kawhi.
    Last edited by daslicer; 07-31-2018 at 08:42 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Ainge always does this bull after a failed trade. Leak it out to look good publicly

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All we heard around LeBron talk was the Flamers and the Sixers with some occasional Spurs pipe dream talk.

How come no strong possibilities of LeBron joining the Celts?

Seems like that would have been the best team to overcome The Disney/ESPN/ABC/LGBT/NBA Warriors.
    Kori or Bruno needs to pink yo ass to stop you from making these ty ass threads.

Thread Information