Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a really awful trade all around but. At least the cancer is gone and Pop exiled him about as far as you could from LA
    Pop just shipped his ass to another country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s probably as good a trade as the Spurs we’re going to get. Time to embrace a La De De trio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s probably as good a trade as the Spurs we’re going to get. Time to embrace a La De De trio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they aren't really competing this season without a small forward or someone who can guard small forwards.

This is where not matching on Anderson is a problem, or including Green is a problem. They have to wait until next summer to get a SF, but they won't have any money in a summer where everyone else does.

It's not a good trade for competing now, and a bad trade for clearing the decks also.
    Clearing cap space will be much easier and cheaper next summer. Denver got rid of two bad contracts and from tax at the cost of a second round pick when there were only like 3 or 4 teams with cap space.

Spurs will have no problem creating room if they need it, question is whether they could attract anyone who'd be worth it. Would love Pau and one or both first round picks to Minny for Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel for my guy Uriel, sounds like a little kid begging his parents to get back together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enjoy going to work on a dogsled you dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you doing this to yourself? He doesn't want you, daddy isn't coming back home..the new step dad isn't as fun, but he's a nice guy, give him a chance..
    holy again ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not matching on Fathead makes zero sense now in retrospect at least the FO hated him as much as I did

As presently constructed, this team is a 6-8th seed so I'm not sure how it's much better than last season.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not matching on Fathead makes zero sense now in retrospect at least the FO hated him as much as I did

As presently constructed, this team is a 6-8th seed so I'm not sure how it's much better than last season.....
    Bull bruh. Spurs were almost a 3 seed last season with Kawhi and other players missing significant time. The West isn't as good as it once was. 3 thru 8 are basically toss ups imo. Don't discount Pop's regular season machine either tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    People making it like Pop wanted to send Kawhi to Canada. I think this was the best deal Spurs could get for him and this is a sad trade because Kawhi is a top 3 NBA player. It just that he has lowered his trade value to the point where DeMar is the best Spurs could get.

It keeps the Spurs more than likely in the playoffs next season. Toronto has a shot to make the NBA finals if Kawhi doesn't turn into Kawhitter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up Danny in the trade is terrible. He was our best defensive player (excluding KL) and the only guy on the team that could defend and shoot. You need players like that to win in the playoffs. Even though Poetl might be a good asset in the future he doesnt fill the void left by Green. Personally I would rather have traded KL-->DDR instead of this trade. In my eyes there is no way as currently constructed this team can challenge for even the conference le. To succeed in the West playoffs you need Wing defenders and we had Danny and Kawhi and now have DDR and Belli/LW4/White. If they really wanted Green it was crucial that we got OG back.
    Oh well maybe Pop can turn DDR and White into decent defenders and we can fight for HCA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull bruh. Spurs were almost a 3 seed last season with Kawhi and other players missing significant time. The West isn't as good as it once was. 3 thru 8 are basically toss ups imo. Don't discount Pop's regular season machine either tbh
    I don't see a 3seed unless Murray somehow makes a monumental leap next year. Spurs have zero depth/defense at the 3 spot now tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small consolation prize. If Kiwi is in MVP from next season, I bet he will absolutely wreck the 76ers and their fascination with Fultz... Stepping all over Ainge will also feel nice.

I don't recognize the Spurs. How are Mills and Belli the only leftovers from 2014?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Giving up Danny in the trade is terrible. He was our best defensive player (excluding KL) and the only guy on the team that could defend and shoot. You need players like that to win in the playoffs.
    It's possible Spurs could do another trade or two. Not sure if this Spurs roster is set yet it could be.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    It would have been better if DeRozan wasn’t depressed about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2nd/3rd seed imo

But with no shot of even being a dark horse. The defense takes a huge hit hit with the departure of our 3 best defensive wings. Basically the 2011 Spurs all over again. Really needed OG included.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be so strange watching the Spurs this season

Such a weird mix of players, the rotation is going to be so complicated to figure out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not a done deal. Please wait to panic.
    I feel there will be a third team involved.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible Spurs could do another trade or two. Not sure if this Spurs roster is set yet it could be.
    Hope so. Wouldn't mind trading Patty for someone on a equally bad contract but that could defend the wing better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What trade would have made the Spurs have a legit chance against GS? Nobody is beating those cats.
    Create more cap space if anything. Try for FA next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted OG, but figured it was a long shot they included him. I don't love Derozan but it was clear the Spurs did not want a full rebuild. DeRozan will help them compete next year and the team will likely win 50+ games and be a top 4 seed.

They should have 2 first round picks next year, plus Gasol's deal will be very tradable. Add that to Murry (who I expect to take another big step forward) and white/walker and I like the foundation.

I also don't believe they are done yet, and expect another FA or smaller move to be made to bring in a defensive wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rockets is not guaranteed in the top 2, in fact a disgruntled Capela and the loss of Ariza are likely to make this team much worse than last season

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great risk by Toronto they keep OG & Siakam. Spurs don't have a damn wing defender now.
    That was my immediate thoughts. I get that Lakers were a no-go.
    I dont even care I wanted to keep Ingram and to a lessor extent Kuzma but would let him gor Kawhi.

you could argue even injured that your top 3 defenders (and wing defense) last year were Kawhi, Green and Kyle. you replaced them with DD, Bellinelli and Cunningham. Only DC is a plus on defense and I doubt he plays much.

On offense you have 3 iso scorers Murray, Gay and DD but now have 3 bigs Potel, Pau and Aldridge that will congest some of those driving lanes. Also aldridge and Gay like to score in some of the same spots DD does.

But hey yall did ship KL as far away from LA as possible ... nice job!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

does any seed really matter in the age of the warriors?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does any seed really matter in the age of the warriors?
    Sure. It means you can make it to the WCF before losing to them.

Should every team just tank because Golden St is stacked?

Thread Information