Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a one year bargin if they win a tle it was a great trade even if he leaves. If they don’t win a le and KY walks then it will go down as a ty trade.
    The whole point of a GM is to put together a roster that is capable of winning a le. Masaii did that, turning a flawed Raps team that got trucked by Lebron into a Juggernaut that is projected to win 61 games and has a 48% chance of winning the finals according to Five-Thirty-Eight.

He didn't want to bring back the same team and also wasn't interested in having DeMar for 3 more years; he got out of that deal, traded the lesser of his three prospects and a pick that was always likely going to be bad. On top of that, he didn't have to take on Gasol or Mills, got an above average starter and also $5 million in cash. Uruji won the trade, either way, enough of this wait a year nonsense.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    does anyone really think the Raps have a legit shot against a full strength Warriors team in the Finals + Cousins? c'mon. Warriors are sleepwalking and this whole drama bull is just media nonsense to make them seem vulnerable. come playoff time they will be dominating teams, especially if Cousins is even half as good as he was before the injury. i wouldnt trust a team full of role players that have been getting on in the playoffs the last few years in the Finals against the Warriors not to mention Lowry who is a known playoff choker, Kawhi is not enough imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not too shabby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does anyone really think the Raps have a legit shot against a full strength Warriors team in the Finals + Cousins? c'mon. Warriors are sleepwalking and this whole drama bull is just media nonsense to make them seem vulnerable. come playoff time they will be dominating teams, especially if Cousins is even half as good as he was before the injury. i wouldnt trust a team full of role players that have been getting on in the playoffs the last few years in the Finals against the Warriors not to mention Lowry who is a known playoff choker, Kawhi is not enough imo
    This Raptors team and the current GSW team? Yeah, Toronto would wreck them. Warriors look like a shadow of themselves. Chemistry isn't there, teams have adjusted, and their bench is vomit-inducing. Still really good, but not unbeatable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is really showing some promise. Everytime he is in lately, I get excited to see what he brings.

He's just athletic/mobile enough to stay in front of players on switches. But also grunt enough to bang down low. We can throw him on Anthony Davis type players and let LMA save his energy for deep post ups and aggressive offense.

As chemistry continues to grow and his fg% stays solid, he could be a keepa!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The general consensus among "NBA pundits" seems to be that Cousin's impact will be neutral if not bad. He was a poor defender and is coming off a major injury. He'll give teams a place to attack on D, and that Kerr may play him too much instead of the Death lineup.

Still the favorites but this will be the 5th straight deep trip into the playoffs, historically teams underperform their expectations after multiple deep trips (i.e The Heatles and the mid-2000's Pistons)

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it bothers him when they pronounce his name like iakaw purrdle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole point of a GM is to put together a roster that is capable of winning a le. Masaii did that, turning a flawed Raps team that got trucked by Lebron into a Juggernaut that is projected to win 61 games and has a 48% chance of winning the finals according to Five-Thirty-Eight.

He didn't want to bring back the same team and also wasn't interested in having DeMar for 3 more years; he got out of that deal, traded the lesser of his three prospects and a pick that was always likely going to be bad. On top of that, he didn't have to take on Gasol or Mills, got an above average starter and also $5 million in cash. Uruji won the trade, either way, enough of this wait a year nonsense.
    I agree he had the balls to do the trade on a one year rental at a chance to win a le as far as cap space we’ll that doesn’t matter much if they can’t attract all stars to move up to the White Tundra.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the last four games Poeltl has been +24, +22, +8, and +17.

His averages for December are 9.3 ppt, 7.2 rpg, 1.2 bpg, 73.5 FG%.

His PER for the season is 22.28.

His minutes, points, rebounds, blocks, and FG% have all improved every month he's played for the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would like Purrdell to develop a jump shot and then a 3 pointer.
    He had that when he was younger and played in Austria. Unfortunately they didn't let him shoot from outside in Utah, where he mostly had to play out of the post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Poeltl- who was considered to be the lesser of O.G. and Siakam.
    Why? He was a 9th pick and the Pac12-player of the year for a reason.
    Siakam had a great season so far, but it's overhyped a bit. He plays in a known system and he had a free ticket to shoot from 3, although he hit nothing. I don't think he would have played nearly the same amount of minutes or would have had the same impact on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the off-season I hoped Manu would stay one more year because him and Poeltl on the pick and roll would have been awesome ... at least our guys seem to realize how good Poeltl roll to the basket ... Patty and White are looking out for him more and more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? He was a 9th pick and the Pac12-player of the year for a reason.
    Siakam had a great season so far, but it's overhyped a bit. He plays in a known system and he had a free ticket to shoot from 3, although he hit nothing. I don't think he would have played nearly the same amount of minutes or would have had the same impact on the Spurs.
    That seemed to be the general consensus, at least based on what I had heard prior to the trade. Zach Lowe had said several times that Siakam could be an all-star if he ever became a consistent shooter while O.G. outperformed expectations as a late pick in the '40s and projected as an above average wing that can both shoot and defend.

Two seasons in, Poeltl was still very much a project and probably viewed as being further away from being an effective NBA player. He has taken a surprising step forward it seems after looking scrubby the first few games he played this season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Two seasons in, Poeltl was still very much a project and probably viewed as being further away from being an effective NBA player.
    Not at all. He had a very good season with the Raptors and was an important piece of their bench - and the bench outperformed other teams starters. He played 19 mpg for a 59 win team with 66% field goal percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That seemed to be the general consensus, at least based on what I had heard prior to the trade. Zach Lowe had said several times that Siakam could be an all-star if he ever became a consistent shooter while O.G. outperformed expectations as a late pick in the '40s and projected as an above average wing that can both shoot and defend.

Two seasons in, Poeltl was still very much a project and probably viewed as being further away from being an effective NBA player. He has taken a surprising step forward it seems after looking scrubby the first few games he played this season.
    Hopefully, that was Zach Lowe's mistake, and not yours. OG was picked #23 overall, and would have been a lottery pick if he hadn't torn his ACL at Indiana.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol had been reportedly apart of the deal just prior to the actual trade with Green being subbed in at the last minute.

It was later reported that the Spurs wanted to dump Green's salary and also Gasol mentioned prior to the deal that PATFO was satisfied with his performance last season.

I don't think that it would have been a deal breaker to swap Gasol in for Green but it sounds relatively clear that the Spurs wanted to get rid of Green. Obviously that was the wrong move. They also included $5 million in cash to get the deal done.

To recap;
    -traded the best player
    -kept the worst player contract on the books
    -Included Green when they desperately needed a defensive wing- or a wing of any kind, really.
    -Gave Toronto $5 million to help them cover Kawhi's trade kicker

It's a little odd that you'all think that isn't is a bad deal. It's not like including Gasol would've hurt Toronto long term financially, they could have stretched and waived him after this season for $2.7 million over the next three years - roughly the cost of a vet minimum and half of the cash that the Spurs sent out.
    Where did you read that it was reported the Spurs wanted to dump Green's salary and that they wanted to get rid of him and that he was subbed in for Pau at the last minute?

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Pop was throwing all kinds of new things at Poetl to start the season, so it's no wonder it took him a while to start looking confident. But if he's already getting comfortable with the new direction and can continue trending upward, it's exciting to think about his potential as a Popovich project center. Guy plays with a lot of energy and his athleticism is really surprising at times. If he plays smart who knows how good he can be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had that when he was younger and played in Austria. Unfortunately they didn't let him shoot from outside in Utah, where he mostly had to play out of the post.
    I was at the game real early. During the early warm ups he was out on the floor practicing 15 foot jumpers. When he stepped into the shot he was decent, but it was more of a set shot than a jump shot. Anything besides that was kinda ugly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, that was Zach Lowe's mistake, and not yours. OG was picked #23 overall, and would have been a lottery pick if he hadn't torn his ACL at Indiana.
    That was mine, I remember he was a projected lottery pick with an significant injury that caused him to drop but thought he dropped further. Still outperformed expectations considering there were questions about his shooting and health

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. He had a very good season with the Raptors and was an important piece of their bench - and the bench outperformed other teams starters. He played 19 mpg for a 59 win team with 66% field goal percentage.
    Centers tend to take longer to reach their ceiling. He was productive rotation player but still probably viewed as being further away than O.G and Siakam.

Jakob's improvement has pretty impressive and may still yet surpass those two. He's improved in the area's that he's needed to (defensive rebounding, not fouling and FT%) it's not crazy to think that he could be a good starting center for year to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After his terrible start, I like the kid tbh. Reminds me of the Golden God at times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Pop was throwing all kinds of new things at Poetl to start the season, so it's no wonder it took him a while to start looking confident. But if he's already getting comfortable with the new direction and can continue trending upward, it's exciting to think about his potential as a Popovich project center. Guy plays with a lot of energy and his athleticism is really surprising at times. If he plays smart who knows how good he can be.
    Spurs offense lately moves very smoothly with Poetl in the game. He plays really well with White.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you read that it was reported the Spurs wanted to dump Green's salary and that they wanted to get rid of him and that he was subbed in for Pau at the last minute?
    From the raptors end. It was also reported they had a deal in place and pulled out 2days before . A deal was redone. Maybe Raptors came back with a Danny Green request.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the raptors end. It was also reported they had a deal in place and pulled out 2days before . A deal was redone. Maybe Raptors came back with a Danny Green request.
    the real reason why Danny Green is in Toronto is cause he gets along with snakes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO should just bite the bullet and trade Pau to memphis for some young assets.

Thread Information