Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO should just bite the bullet and trade Pau to memphis for some young assets.
    Once hes healthy perhaps . He can stil contribute but some of his mins need to go to Poetle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once hes healthy perhaps . He can stil contribute but some of his mins need to go to Poetle
    Any idea why Menphis would do that? I dont think they are tanking.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any idea why Menphis would do that? I dont think they are tanking.
    No idea . Thought it would help if he's healthy for Memphis to consider a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Gasol has any worth in a trade whatsoever at this point. Maybe salary filler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure Gasol has any worth in a trade whatsoever at this point. Maybe salary filler.
    If a team cuts him next year, it takes $10M off the cap ($6M guaranteed of $16M). He's definitely worth something as a way for another team to dump salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the real reason why Danny Green is in Toronto is cause he gets along with snakes

best response yet

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First 3pointer from Poeltl maybe falling for the Spurs this saeson???

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First 3pointer from Poeltl maybe falling for the Spurs this saeson???
    Not his first ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFiMN32axYE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump. Dude was a beast on the glass tonight. He helped get extra possessions that allowed us to keep and extend our lead. He’s the kind of big the spurs have always needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Can't wait to see his ceiling in 5 years. Have Timmy rub off on him, put a bank shot or top of the key 3 in his game. Force Pop to play him heavy minutes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump. Dude was a beast on the glass tonight. He helped get extra possessions that allowed us to keep and extend our lead. He’s the kind of big the spurs have always needed.
    +1
    he got a lot of loose balls I didn’t think we even had a chance for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was disgusted by how little poop played him tonight tbh!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pöltl pushes extra shifts in the summer
    For Jakob Pöltl the previous summer was busy. Except for ten days of recovery in Cyprus, Austria's pioneer in the National Basketball Association (NBA) sweats during training for the upcoming season.Because the 23-year-old has a lot in his fourth year in the strongest basketball league in the world
    In the new season starting in October, Pöltl is not only concerned with a regular place at the San Antonio Spurs, but above all with his future in the NBA. A stay with the San Antonio Spurs, who had already failed in the first play-off round to the Denver Nuggets last season, the 23-year-old, who is already back in the US after his home stay, at least good imagine.
    "It was a bit of an unusual summer, the training program was even more intense than in recent years," said Pöltl in an interview with the APA. The motivation for the extra strata: "I want to prove that I have made a significant step forward." Then waving at the end of the season may be a higher endowed, long-term contract. For its upcoming fourth season in the NBA, the 2.13-meter center receives $ 3.75 million (€ 3.33 million).

Personnel policy positive for Pöltl
    The Spurs have signed in the summer among other veteran DeMarre Carroll and power forward Trey Lyles. A designated center did not come. For the position only Topstar LaMarcus Aldridge and Pöltl are available, which were often together in the preseason on the field. "That's definitely positive for me," said Pöltl. "There's a certain amount of confidence that I'm getting the chance to really prove myself and be a bigger part of this team."
    Pöltl can therefore well imagine signing his next contract in the strongest league in the world in San Antonio. The team-oriented game style of the Spurs would be him. Add to that the future prospects of the Texans. "There are a few young players getting better and better. I can well imagine that over the years we could take over the team a bit, "said Pöltl.
    Several le candidates
    For now, it's time to reach the play-offs again in the coming season. "That will not be easy," said Pöltl. Due to the many changes of top players the Western Conference was like the league "balanced, but all in all stronger". Pöltl is especially looking forward to the Los Angeles Clippers, who among other things have brought in the final MVP Kawhi Leonard from champions Toronto and Paul George.
    The Viennese can not yet make out a real le favorite. The era of the super teams around former champion Golden State Warriors is over. "There are many teams that are le contenders now," said Pöltl. "A lot has happened, that's certainly exciting. But with teams that are so different from each other, it's always hard to say where team chemistry is right and everything goes together. "
    National Team "on the right track"
    No worries Pöltl that the cooperation with the new ÖBV coach Raoul Korner works. He already knows him from youth basketball times, has already talked to him about his order in June. "Humanly I think a lot of him. I look forward to the whole thing very positively. "Even if he can rarely be in the national team because of his obligations in North America. "But I think with Raoul we are basically on a very good way."

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's Raptor at FiveThirtyEight, WAR, minimum minutes 351

#19 2.8 John Collins, Jrue Holliday, Jakob Poeltl
    #33 2.2 Bam Adebayo, Montrezl Harrell, De'Andre Hunter, Patty Mills, Royce O'Neale, Jayson Tatum, Delon Wright, Trae Young
    #50 1.9 Jimmy Butler, Donte DiVincenzo, Rudy Gay, David Nwaba, Thaddeus Young
    #94 1.1 Malik Beasley, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Alex Caruso, Pat Connaughton, DeMar DeRozan, Tyrese Haliburton, Brook Lopez, Marcus Smart
    #113 0.9 Patrick Beverley, Trey Burke, DeMarcus Cousins, Hamidou Diallo, Josh Hart, George Hill, Talen Horton-Tucker, Zach LaVine, Shake Milton, Mitc Robinson, Collin Sexton, Devin Vassell
    #141 0.6 Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Desmond Bane, Davis Bertans, Jalen Brunson, Eric Gordon, Josh Jackson, Dejounte Murray, Mike Muscala, John Wall, Kenrich Williams, Ivica Zubac
    #227 -0.5 LaMarcus Aldridge, Aron Baynes, Danuel House Jr., DeAndre Jordan, Rui Hachimura, Keldon Johnson, Luke Kennard, Landry Shamet, James Wiseman
    #244 -1.1 Anthony Edwards, P.J. Tucker, Lonnie Walker IV, Coby White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just realized I've been misspelling Jakob's last name this entire time. Wow. PoeLtl instead of Poetl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a team cuts him next year, it takes $10M off the cap ($6M guaranteed of $16M). He's definitely worth something as a way for another team to dump salary.
    Man that’s a lot some team has to be interested in that tax saving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just realized I've been misspelling Jakob's last name this entire time. Wow. PoeLtl instead of Poetl.
    You're gonna flip out then, when you realize it's actually Pöltl, and not Poeltl, either...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're gonna flip out then, when you realize it's actually Pöltl, and not Poeltl, either...
    English usually transliterates the umlaut from German into an additional 'e.'

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl Interview from today
    https://www.skysportaustria.at/ehrge...twas-aufbauen/

Before his summer vacation in Austria, Pöltl had exchanged ideas with head coach Gregg Popovic and other key employees in San Antonio. "I am now also more invested in the Spurs project," emphasized the center. "We can really build on something." The Texans recently missed the play-offs twice in a row. The demands of the five-time champion are still high. “It's a long journey back to the final,” said Pöltl. An NBA le remains his career goal.

In San Antonio, the 2.13-meter man locates a sufficiently talented team to work towards it. The summer will show in which direction it goes. It is unclear whether Spurs will extend the contracts of top scorer DeMar DeRozan and veterans Rudy Gay and Patty Mills. “We definitely have salary scope to bring in new players,” said Pöltl. This is also due to him. The Viennese had signed a three-year contract worth 26.25 million dollars (22.1 million euros) in the previous year. At that time he was a reservist and not yet a key player.

In the coming season, Pöltl will earn 8.75 million dollars - comparatively little for a regular center in the NBA. “The contract negotiations would look a little different if they were this summer,” said Pöltl. But it is satisfied with its salary. “There is no reason to complain. I am now working towards my next contract. " In San Antonio he would have a good starting point for this. "And since money is not so important to me, I don't mind that I might be a little underpaid."

He had grown into his new role very quickly at the Spurs, who parted ways with the veteran center LaMarcus Aldridge over the course of the season. The end came in May in the play-in tournament against the Memphis Grizzlies. The more time has passed since this disappointment, Pöltl said, “the more I saw the developmental steps that I had almost taken for granted”. More are to follow. The Austrian is entering his sixth NBA year. "There has to be more from my side."

Pöltl is already considered one of the best defenders in the league. Nothing will change in his basic player type. But he is working on showing more self-confidence on the offensive and becoming more “multi-faceted”. "I want to increase my repertoire at all levels." Since his appointment as a starter in February, Pöltl has scored double-digit points on average, the extremely weak free throw rate at the beginning stabilized at just over 50 percent over the course of the season.

During home training in the hall of his ex-club D.C. Timberwolves in Vienna, Pöltl works a lot on his throwing technique. "There are a lot of free throws." He also has a copy of the new ball, which will be used in the NBA from next season, with him. The return flight to the USA takes place in August. Before that, Pöltl would also like to take part in a training camp for the ÖBV national team. But he is still waiting for approval from his club and the NBA.

Whether he can work with the legendary coach Popovich next season is not yet definitely certain. “I have the feeling that he could do it for another ten years as he is,” said Pöltl about the 72-year-old. In the past few years, the rumors about a possible resignation of the starter had not come true. Pöltl would like to stay - for the young generation of the Spurs and for himself. "He is a leader that you don't get anytime soon."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he is working on a jumpshot as well.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Work those free throws big jak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until he starts shooting beyond 3 feet, he will always be a liability on offense. He needs to roll to the basket more and finish them strong. In college he used to do it more, even post people up. I was really disappointed in him coming from the off-season and had to re-learn to shoot the FT the 1st 20 games, and just after he got a new contract. I’m not hating on Poeltl, but I found that lazy. And sure he gets blocks, but how many dunks does he give out? That’s like Forbes hitting 3’s but giving away layups and jumpshots. I still don’t think Poeltl is a starting C, especially in the modern NBA. Reading at the article, it’s interesting that he thinks he’s underpaid and working FOR a new contract instead of focusing on improving his game per se, regardless of the contract because that would take care of itself. Sorry Poeltl but I’ve been spoiled after years of Timmy and DRob anchoring the Spurs defense which has been the envy of the league. The thing is, he is very capable just doesn’t have the right motivation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until he starts shooting beyond 3 feet, he will always be a liability on offense. He needs to roll to the basket more and finish them strong. In college he used to do it more, even post people up. I was really disappointed in him coming from the off-season and had to re-learn to shoot the FT the 1st 20 games, and just after he got a new contract. I’m not hating on Poeltl, but I found that lazy. And sure he gets blocks, but how many dunks does he give out? That’s like Forbes hitting 3’s but giving away layups and jumpshots. I still don’t think Poeltl is a starting C, especially in the modern NBA. Reading at the article, it’s interesting that he thinks he’s underpaid and working FOR a new contract instead of focusing on improving his game per se, regardless of the contract because that would take care of itself. Sorry Poeltl but I’ve been spoiled after years of Timmy and DRob anchoring the Spurs defense which has been the envy of the league. The thing is, he is very capable just doesn’t have the right motivation.
    He literally says he doesn't mind being underpaid and money isn't important to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He literally says he doesn't mind being underpaid and money isn't important to him.
    Then continues to say he’s underpaid and working on a new contract, instead of his game per se. See a Timmy or Manu wouldn’t talk about money, but would say something like, that’s my agent’s problem or something, I’m more focused on my game and how I could help the team. That to me shows where the real motivation is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you think and what the Spurs think seem to be polar opposites of each other. My impression is that the Spurs view him very highly (judging from Pop’s interviews), so I’d expect him to be the starting center for years to come. I’m neutral on this since I don’t think he’s a main concern on the team, as I’ve previously said.

Thread Information