Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see if he finishes the season as our best player, but he's by far the most important player.

Remove anyone else from the roster, it would be fairly easy to replace them because we have way too many similar players.

But as soon as Jakob sits, our paint defense becomes an absolute joke.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite stat of his: 25 offensive rebounds in 4 games. That is eye-popping to me.

He's starting to remind me of a slightly poorer man's Gobert, and that's great production even without considering his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite stat of his: 25 offensive rebounds in 4 games. That is eye-popping to me.

He's starting to remind me of a slightly poorer man's Gobert, and that's great production even without considering his contract.
    Yep and I would argue he’s more gifted offensively too, (passing, floaters). Now, if he can just consistently start to hit his FTs…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember when people wanted Poetel of the team....Maybe the Spurs know there talent better than the weebs on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally poodle pooowa has put it all together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis played well against us, but Jakob was a monster in that game. Now if he could just hit a damn free throw.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think his game has changed one bit, but he's in a better context to succeed and perhaps he's better motivated this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember when people wanted Poetel of the team....Maybe the Spurs know there talent better than the weebs on here.
    I still want him off the team. If he keeps playing like this maybe we can package him with Murray for a disgruntled star this off-season. Gimme Jaylen Brown. Start Primo as PG. and draft a big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still want him off the team. If he keeps playing like this maybe we can package him with Murray for a disgruntled star this off-season. Gimme Jaylen Brown. Start Primo as PG. and draft a big
    If there's anybody this team should trade aside of Young and Forbes it's White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's anybody this team should trade aside of Young and Forbes it's White
    Yeah but would Boston even want White for Brown? They would probably do Murray, and this version of Poeltl for him. Young would go somewhere else bc he has zero value to Boston. I see the Warriors or the Blazers or the Lakers making a play for Young. Maybe even Philly.

White as our 6th man is a good option though. Primo, Jaylen, drafted SF, KJ and then we sign a big in the off-season. With White, Lonnie, Vassell off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle powa showing centers arent dinosaurs after all

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao Brown? They're not trading Brown even if we offered our entire roster.

I'd try with Siakam. Barnes is looking really good, OG keeps improving, they don't really need Siakam anymore. And I think they want to get rid of his contract.
    White would complement FVV well. White+Thad works. Throw in a couple of second rounders.

But then again, PATFO would probably get fleeced.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd try with Siakam. Barnes is looking really good, OG keeps improving, they don't really need Siakam anymore. And I think they want to get rid of his contract.
    White would complement FVV well. White+Thad works. Throw in a couple of second rounders.

re-uniting Poeltl and Siakam? very tempting.. they had great chemistry in Toronto on and off the court..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam is out for 5 months. Surgery to repair a torn labrum.

Edit: the bbref update was June 11th, so he should be back in a few weeks. If he’s healthy, I have no problem with this.
    Last edited by exstatic; 10-29-2021 at 10:24 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but would Boston even want White for Brown? They would probably do Murray, and this version of Poeltl for him. Young would go somewhere else bc he has zero value to Boston. I see the Warriors or the Blazers or the Lakers making a play for Young. Maybe even Philly.

White as our 6th man is a good option though. Primo, Jaylen, drafted SF, KJ and then we sign a big in the off-season. With White, Lonnie, Vassell off the bench.
    White is getting paid more than Murray. He's 27 and is scared to shoot while also not having that good of a jump shot. We don't need him. Poeltl is on a great contract and perfect for this team. I'd try to keep him. Boston ain't trading Jaylen Brown for any of our garbage. That's a pipe dream

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is getting paid more than Murray. He's 27 and is scared to shoot while also not having that good of a jump shot. We don't need him. Poeltl is on a great contract and perfect for this team. I'd try to keep him. Boston ain't trading Jaylen Brown for any of our garbage. That's a pipe dream
    It is a pipe dream but Boston is sucking and Ainge hates his players anyways. I feel like if they miss the playoffs then everyone is on the block. We'd have to attach a pick but honestly it would help them to get both Murray and Poeltl. And I'm always in the anti-Poeltl camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob would be the perfect piece to have if we had an elite level talent player on this team.

He's still limited but I honestly have been impressed with him and his aggression this year and I hope he keeps it up.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a pipe dream but Boston is sucking and Ainge hates his players anyways. I feel like if they miss the playoffs then everyone is on the block. We'd have to attach a pick but honestly it would help them to get both Murray and Poeltl. And I'm always in the anti-Poeltl camp.
    Ainge is gone. Brad Stevens is Celtics president atm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge is gone. Brad Stevens is Celtics president atm
    Ah well in that case we are ed
    cant even have a pipe dream. SMH

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White isn't that scared to shoot he is seeing way more defense this year than in previous years plus is in a bit of a slump, his defense and passing are elite and holding lots of things together, as this season progresses and defenses shift away from him a bit his efficiency and usage will go up. Put him with a real star and he's going to explode, put a top tier guy at sf or of and this is a contending team. That's what made the whole Kawhi thing so ty, yeah he was seeing the end of Aldridge coming and there was going to be a year or two as an outside shot at a ring but it wasn't like the Spurs were set up to be a hopeless mid play off teams. The Spurs are a star away right now, question is can they get a star without messing up the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Best trade I've read on here in forever. My have to include a lottery protected 1st - round pick and not multiple 2nds.

Still, a starting frontcourt of Poeltl, Siakam and Johnson would be a very, very tempting especially if Siakam can regain his all-star form of two years ago.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one player Ive liked from Toronto is Boucher. He also seems to have been bumped from the lineup. He is a year older but Ive liked him for awhile and I think has been underutilized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob is maybe this teams most important player.

I’m very impressed with how well he has played offensively and hope he can start hitting his free throws at a higher %. His defense has stayed really good and he has been cleaning the glass on both sides really well.

I don’t think his play is an aberration, I think this is the norm for this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one player Ive liked from Toronto is Boucher. He also seems to have been bumped from the lineup. He is a year older but Ive liked him for awhile and I think has been underutilized.
    If he were better, they’d use him more. He’s pretty much just a jumping Jack, a Metu type. KBD is better than Boucher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-stat...-jakob-poeltl/

Jakob Poeltl

(AP Photo/Sam Hodde)

THE KEY: The league’s most underrated paint beast

The San Antonio Spurs only got one young asset in return for Kawhi Leonard. But that player, Jakob Poeltl, has actually turned out to be a solid option in the frontcourt. This season, he is making a case for not only NBA’s All-Defense consideration but also Most Underrated Big Man in the League.

His offensive rebound percentage (16.1 percent) ranks in the 98th percentile among bigs, per Cleaning the Glass. Meanwhile, he is passing the ball significantly more often per game so far this year (49.8) than he did last year (33.1) as well...
    Worth a read.

Thread Information