Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are you getting that from that Murray wanted out?
    I'm not really sure how you missed this.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not really sure how you missed this.
    Didn't answer the question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are you getting that from that Murray wanted out?

He’s getting it from the fantasy world where he occasionally vacations. Also, you know how much old ladies like their soap operas.

The truth about the Murray trade is that the Hawks decided they wanted him, to team with Trae Young, and they offered enough to make the trade happen. The trade was initiated on the Atlanta end, not because of anything going on with the Spurs.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s getting it from the fantasy world where he occasionally vacations. Also, you know how much old ladies like their soap operas.

The truth about the Murray trade is that the Hawks decided they wanted him, to team with Trae Young, and they offered enough to make the trade happen. The trade was initiated on the Atlanta end, not because of anything going on with the Spurs.
    "He and his agent, Rich Paul, made it known that he was not going to extend his contract with the Spurs this summer," Windhorst said on The Hoop Collective podcast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He and his agent, Rich Paul, made it known that he was not going to extend his contract with the Spurs this summer," Windhorst said on The Hoop Collective podcast.
    Not to argue the point but just because he didn’t want to extend doesn’t mean he wanted out or anything, you don’t get as much money extending VS waiting for his current deal to end because he’s on a bargain contract. Personally I think the spurs continue doing what they’ve been doing trying to win games and if it so happens that we lose then so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ people still not understanding that an extension would be like 30 million dollar paycut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will the spin be if Poeltl doesn’t get traded? Nvm I’m already seeing some of the excuses…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is plenty of evidence Murray was looking to get out if you only paid attention to what he and others have said. A lot of people sounding like nephew defenders at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will the spin be if Poeltl doesn’t get traded? Nvm I’m already seeing some of the excuses…
    he's a culture fit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No an allstar wasn't going to do an extension that could only be like $17 million a year by rules of the CBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is plenty of evidence Murray was looking to get out if you only paid attention to what he and others have said. A lot of people sounding like nephew defenders at this point.
    He wanted out because he told the team he wasn't going to sign a Doug McDermott level contract, which is all the Spurs could have legally offered him as an extension under the rules of the CBA? That's why I'm asking to see your source that he wanted out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray not being a re and taking a paycut for half his market value doesn't mean he wanted out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. Murray was not trying to get out of SA, he was calculating that it is worth the risk to wait two years to extend to get a bigger pay day then to extend right now. The risk is he gets a career ending injury. Then he only gets two more years of salary. If he signed, he'd have security, but over the long haul, he would make less money as a basketball player. So he's making a financial decision, not rejecting S.A.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh you following me around like a 10 year old with that comment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh you following me around like a 10 year old with that comment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted out because he told the team he wasn't going to sign a Doug McDermott level contract, which is all the Spurs could have legally offered him as an extension under the rules of the CBA? That's why I'm asking to see your source that he wanted out.
    What the ? Dejounte was the ing source. He said it himself at his introductory press conference. Specifically, he said he and Trae talked about playing together for weeks before the trade happened. He also said the trade wasn't a surprise because it was a mutual decision and one that had been talked about and kept in-house. He was then pressed to clarify about the "mutual" decision part & if he asked for the trade. He laughed with a big grin and replied, "You tryna get it outta me, huh? I mean, yeah, it was a mutual thing".

When you want out & your representatives approach the team to remind them that he is NOT going to sign an extension - a fact that both parties already know, its safe to say that let their client's feelings toward wanting out sooner than later, known.

To make matters clearer, when asked how he felt or responded to getting the news he was traded to a place where he wanted to play, he admitted A. he was happy, excited B. It was hard talking to Pop about the situation C. it was more of a mutual thing. Apparently, the Spurs wanted what was best for Dejounte because he wants to win . HE ING SAID HE WANTED OUT. How do people not read between the lines? ing RC Drunkford goes on and on about how Dejounte's decision not to sign the extension is a moot point because he was NEVER going to sign it. So ing what? You think the Spurs contacted Rich Paul and said "Lets talk about getting Dejounte that extension because we want him here for the long haul".

https://youtu.be/QRWG-xnQHlY?t=335

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the ? Dejounte was the ing source. He said it himself at his introductory press conference. Specifically, he said he and Trae talked about playing together for weeks before the trade happened. He also said the trade wasn't a surprise because it was a mutual decision and one that had been talked about and kept in-house. He was then pressed to clarify about the "mutual" decision part & if he asked for the trade. He laughed with a big grin and replied, "You tryna get it outta me, huh? I mean, yeah, it was a mutual thing".

When you want out & your representatives approach the team to remind them that he is NOT going to sign an extension - a fact that both parties already know, its safe to say they let their client's feelings toward wanting out sooner than later, known.

To make matters clearer, when asked how he felt or responded to getting the news he was traded to a place where he wanted to play, he admitted A. he was happy, excited B. It was hard talking to Pop about the situation C. it was more of a mutual thing. Apparently, the Spurs wanted what was best for Dejounte because he wants to win . HE ING SAID HE WANTED OUT. How do people not read between the lines? ing RC Drunkford goes on and on about how Dejounte's decision not to sign the extension is a moot point because he was NEVER going to sign it. So ing what? You think the Spurs contacted Rich Paul and said "Lets talk about getting Dejounte that extension because we want him here for the long haul".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When you want out & your representatives approach the team to remind them that he is NOT going to sign an extension - a fact that both parties already know, its safe to say they let their client's feelings toward wanting out sooner than later, known.

This is a real stretch claiming he was leaving anyways based on what he said at the timestamp you quoted. Probably got excited at playing for a winner once he heard his name in trade rumors. Don't see what's so offensive about Rich Paul telling the team Dejounte wasn't going to sign a Doug McDermott money level extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though both sides actually liked each other, it may have been mutual.

I don't the Spurs were ever going to offer DJ a max deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I thought I’m reading about Poeltl on a Poeltl thread

Any news on Poeltl? I’m beginning to think he’s not getting moved until before trade deadline. Is that wise as far as getting more back?

Personally I like to see Poeltl play alongside a legitimate PF. So it doesn’t make sense if it’s McD and Keldon still at 3-4. Maybe Poeltl can focus on his on-man defense at C instead of overhelping the weakness at 4. Spurs giving him a chance to earn a big salary increase? If not they trade him by deadline. While that could expose him and could reduce his trade value. Thoughts?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though both sides actually liked each other, it may have been mutual.

I don't the Spurs were ever going to offer DJ a max deal.
    This might have been the sticking point. Dejounte and Klutch might have already brought up wanting a max deal in 2024 and the Spurs would have balked at promising that so early. Dejounte's trade value was never going to be higher than this summer, and the Hawks are probably more willing to max him in 2024 than the Spurs would have been.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is coming back to the USA this week. Before leaving Austria he spoke with the Press Agency.

Future with the Spurs:

"At the moment chances are good that I keep on playing for the Spurs. Sometimes in the summer I wasn't so sure"

"I'm looking forward to be a free agent next summer. You don't often have the chance in the NBA to choose your way by yourself. I hope I'll make a good decision for me"

"It's possible that I'm still with the Spurs this year. There were no talks about an extension yet."

"I like living in San Antonio and the guys on the team are cool, so I can imagine to stay longterm. But I will take a close look at the situation next summer."

Trade Rumors:

"That means that teams are interested in me, my skills, the role that I play. It's not my role to be the team's best scorer. My role is to help a team winning. Contenders need players who do the dirty work."

"Half of the rumors are real at most. But there were 1,2 legit offers in the last weeks. I don't deal with it until a trade is completed. I'm not involved in the talks. It makes no sense for me to speculate"

Team:

"As a young team we have to take a few steps forward. We're not gonna play for the le in the next three years. We should be compe ive after that."

"Our best player has been traded. His role has to be replaced."

"On paper we are not set to reach the playoffs. It's gonna be a challenge. I'll try to push the team forward"

Summer:

He spent 2 months in Austria, Spurs have sent coaches over to coordinate his workouts. "But I had enough freedom to do what I think that I need to do to get better."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s see if in these three months Poodle has learned how to hit his free throws?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jakob is traded before the start of the season, cans the acquiring team subsequently offer him an extension?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poodle power staying in sa!$

Thread Information