Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is that with no ball dominant guys, players should want to stay. Poertle isn't going to get much better offers. Keldon might get swayed by a big market looking for a star but the spurs know how to trade these guys for value so no big deal
    can't wait to see who we gon draft with these 2035 picks that we get for Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s so great to have good players to be able to trade for future picks and whenever those picks become promising players we can trade them for even further future picks and so on

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think fair value for Jak is about $18M-$20M with a rising cap. He’s an elite rim protecter, good PNR defender. Can get you 15 PPG rolling to the basket.

Some teams will offer him 4/$80M i think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You listen to offers for Jak, just like you listen to offers for pretty much anyone on this roster. It would throw cold water on what we have been enjoying, watching this group overperform but if someone backs up a Brinks truck, you do what you have to do. If you don't get what you want, I would make sure you re-sign him as a free agent.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think fair value for Jak is about $18M-$20M with a rising cap. He’s an elite rim protecter, good PNR defender. Can get you 15 PPG rolling to the basket.

Some teams will offer him 4/$80M i think.
    Vucevic already makes more than that. On a $134 million cap Poetl's market value will probably end up around 4 years, $112 million conservatively, which would be start at $25 million for the first year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in a great position for Poeltl. Take a nice trade offer, only accept an appropriate amount for an extension, or just build a better center in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a scenario where we win big but end up kicking ourselves. Let’s say the trade deadline rolls around and we’re in the 6th seed. Because of this, we decide to hold on to Jak. Then we hit the wall and we tumble not only out of the playoffs, but also out of the play-in. We win the lottery, and it’s obviously we’ll be selecting Wemby. Jak walks for nothing (maybe the cap gurus can help me understand if there is even sign-and-trade value with Jak) but we still get Wemby. So we win, but we are kicking ourselves for not flipping Jak at the deadline.

*If there is legit Sign and Trade value, maybe this is all less important. Sure, we might not get the same return as flipping him now but at least we get something. Demar ended up effectively getting two firsts in his sign-and-trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in a great position for Poeltl. Take a nice trade offer, only accept an appropriate amount for an extension, or just build a better center in the draft.
    I also think it’s going to be the same crappy teams with significant cap space again in 2023, so that may impact where he’s willing to sign long term at a higher figure. May be in his interest now to start giving spurs a list of teams he’d want to be traded too so that team can get his Byrd rights.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think it’s going to be the same crappy teams with significant cap space again in 2023, so that may impact where he’s willing to sign long term at a higher figure. May be in his interest now to start giving spurs a list of teams he’d want to be traded too so that team can get his Byrd rights.
    Id like that. I don’t hate the guy so I’d prefer him to sign somewhere he’d prefer to go especially if it is a small market team. I’ve had my sights set on Utah for those Minny picks ever since that trade happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the duo of Collins and Poertle is pretty damn good whether they alternate or play together as they did against a big team the other night. And Dieng ain't bad as a number 3. All in all we have the 5 slot as well covered as much as any team in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope for a re-sign. It's just freakin' impossible to get good centers, especially defensive ones.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think at least 3 teams would offer him 20. Too much cap space next season and big holes at the 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How things changed quickly now people talk about Poeltl fair value of 18 to 20M and others say it's below fair value. Just last season some people think 12M is overpay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to keep him. He is steadying the ship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when many (including our site leader) were very unhappy with the contract Poeltl signed, believing it way too much.
    Damn right. I still like to revisit that thread from time to time. SpursTalk talent evaluation at its finest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to say I’m leaning on Spurs resigning Jak. I see he plays well with a bigger defensive Sochan at 4. But also Jak has also been active offensively, attacking and even that reverse dunk? Is he going north of 25mil per year? And then there’s Keldon and soon Devin who both will have a pay raise.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as the warriors are playing I would be on the phone with them offering Poeltl and charlottes first that won't actually be a first for Wiseman.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman still isnt very good but there's still time. Wiseman plus an unprotected FRP in 2027 as Curry and Co approach 40 years old.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as the warriors are playing I would be on the phone with them offering Poeltl and charlottes first that won't actually be a first for Wiseman.
    They'd be adding the 1st in that trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 million a year? Pass

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s good to see articles praising him. Could help his trade value but resigning him could make sense also if our outside shooting continues, but that implies having JRich and McDougall around, potentially. We always need shooting but do we really want to build around…Yak? It’s hard to say so early in the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? We going for the bobcats record?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd be adding the 1st in that trade
    Concur. I think Wiseman has fallen out of the rotation on that team as well which isn’t a good sign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Poeltl wants that 25mil a year, he needs to play well against better centers. I feel Zubac’s size affected him, which we saw too many in the past.

Thread Information