Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the context of Jak… I think we are in a little bit of a pickle with potentially trading him, because he’s one of the league’s best centers, we probably have a good shot of resigning him, and we don’t have much of a plan B other than landing Wemby.

Even if we get the #2 pick, we’re going to want Jak there. Scoot/Dev/Keldon/Soch/Jak seems like a pretty exciting, well-rounded young lineup.

Now, if you land Wemby, you’re going to wish you had moved Jak during the season when his value was highest… but we can’t count on that. Are there any other C prospects that we’d feel comfortable moving on from Jak for in the draft say if we are picking like 6th?

I’m probably Bassey #1 fanboy around here, but I see his potential as high-impact backup C, not as Jak’s replacement. I think we need to be planning around Jak’s future in the context that we’ll likely not being getting Wemby… in which case, all of the best prospects after him are guards or wings from what it appears. I guess on the bright side, there might be room for a G/W with Primo out of the way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the context of Jak… I think we are in a little bit of a pickle with potentially trading him, because he’s one of the league’s best centers, we probably have a good shot of resigning him, and we don’t have much of a plan B other than landing Wemby.

Even if we get the #2 pick, we’re going to want Jak there. Scoot/Dev/Keldon/Soch/Jak seems like a pretty exciting, well-rounded young lineup.

Now, if you land Wemby, you’re going to wish you had moved Jak during the season when his value was highest… but we can’t count on that. Are there any other C prospects that we’d feel comfortable moving on from Jak for in the draft say if we are picking like 6th?

I’m probably Bassey #1 fanboy around here, but I see his potential as high-impact backup C, not as Jak’s replacement. I think we need to be planning around Jak’s future in the context that we’ll likely not being getting Wemby… in which case, all of the best prospects after him are guards or wings from what it appears. I guess on the bright side, there might be room for a G/W with Primo out of the way.
    If they weren't concerned with going with Jones/Primo/Wesley at PG then why would they be with potentially Collins/Dieng/Bassey/Barlow at C?

Also, as good as Poeltl is, he's not good enough (and C is loaded enough) to worry about how they'd fill the hole going forward.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Poeltl wants that 25mil a year, he needs to play well against better centers. I feel Zubac’s size affected him, which we saw too many in the past.
    You mean Zubac physicality combined with his size affected him I think. Agree with that.

Jakob did fine against Gobert who's 7'2, but he's no where near as bruising and physical as Zubac.

Other than Embiid and Jokic there's not really many other starting calibre C's who can do that to Jak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Zubac physicality combined with his size affected him I think. Agree with that.

Jakob did fine against Gobert who's 7'2, but he's no where near as bruising and physical as Zubac.

Other than Embiid and Jokic there's not really many other starting calibre C's who can do that to Jak.
    JV and Adams also but no reason Jak can’t reciprocate. He is 7’1 and a solid 250. Wish he had Zollins’ ruggedness; wanting to mix it up, dunk everything, punch on guys heads.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JV and Adams also but no reason Jak can’t reciprocate. He is 7’1 and a solid 250. Wish he had Zollins’ ruggedness; wanting to mix it up, dunk everything, punch on guys heads.
    Yeah those two are in the Zubac big bruiser category, didn't think of them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In an interview with an Austrian broadcaster Poeltl said today that his future is in San Antonio if it’s his choice. He would love to be part of the rebuild and fight for the playoffs in the coming years. But he also knows that he could be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep Jakob until you actually get to draft someone like Wemby. Resign him soon. Don't trade him while wishing for a unicorn in the draft. IF you luck out and get the unicorn, then you can make a disposition via trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably premature but Sochan's long term spot might be C given his outside shooting woes. The Spurs could easily find themselves taking Greg Jackson and sliding Sochan to C.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like your thought process and agree the we might start seeing Sochan more at the 5 then the 4 and yeah I really like GG Jackson who could also play some time at the 5. I think it just comes down to two things 1. Does someone give us good trade value for Poetl? and 2. Will he want the bank or sign a reasonable contract? The Spurs should all ready know what $ money range he is looking at and if they are not going to pay it then they HAVE to trade him for something you can not let him walk for nothing!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like your thought process and agree the we might start seeing Sochan more at the 5 then the 4 and yeah I really like GG Jackson who could also play some time at the 5. I think it just comes down to two things 1. Does someone give us good trade value for Poetl? and 2. Will he want the bank or sign a reasonable contract? The Spurs should all ready know what $ money range he is looking at and if they are not going to pay it then they HAVE to trade him for something you can not let him walk for nothing!!
    There are just too many unknowns at this point but we'll get answers as the season moves on. Trades become a lot easier on December 15th when a lot of contracts signed this summer become tradeable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swore if Jak wanted to raise his value he was gonna come into this year raising his free throw percentage to around 80%. He's still a liability teams are willing to go hack a Jak on. On a team with so many close games his free throws can be game changers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the 2106 draft Poeltl was asked where he would want to be drafted. His answer: "I would like to play for the Boston Celtics one day. I don't know if this will ever happen - or when, because it's not my decision. So I don't have any hopes or thoughts about it." (Interview with the Austrian radio station Hitradio OE3)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People Who Tried To Frame Collins As Being Better Than Poeltl Was Ludicrous. Collins Doesn’t Even Hold His Jock.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl was obviously better than Collins, we still need another quality big obviously. Having only one doesn’t cut it. Not sure why we sent Barlow back to G league either. Nobody can really guard Embiid, especially not us.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is a better fit next to Wemby on paper. Too bad games aren't played on paper.

Wemby and Poeltl would have been a very awkward fit. imo if the Spurs hadn't traded Poeltl at the deadline last year they would have traded him on draft night or in July.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is a better fit next to Wemby on paper. Too bad games aren't played on paper.

Wemby and Poeltl would have been a very awkward fit. imo if the Spurs hadn't traded Poeltl at the deadline last year they would have traded him on draft night or in July.
    I’m Not Sure We Should Be Looking At This As “Who Fits Next To Wemby Better” But Who Would Be The Better Backup. Any Idea That Had Another Big Starting Next To Wemby Needs To Be Squashed IMO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the spurs could find a big worse than Poeltl

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m Not Sure We Should Be Looking At This As “Who Fits Next To Wemby Better” But Who Would Be The Better Backup. Any Idea That Had Another Big Starting Next To Wemby Needs To Be Squashed IMO
    I agree. It's too bad the Spurs waited so long to pivot to seeing Wemby as the starting C instead of PF. Long enough to give Collins that bad extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl was obviously better than Collins, we still need another quality big obviously. Having only one doesn’t cut it. Not sure why we sent Barlow back to G league either. Nobody can really guard Embiid, especially not us.
    Apparently he didn't even play in yesterdays G league game, he was listed as Not With Team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the spurs could find a big worse than Poeltl
    These takes are just outright stupid.

Like, really.

They got Collins on a free. And he's a different player than Poeltl. And Poeltl gets wrecked by Embiid, too. Collins is lighter and can't handle him, but no one can right now. As I've been saying numerous times, Collins is more of a PF in size.

The question is what kind of big man will work with Wembanyama, whether starting or more likely coming off the bench. Poeltl would gum things up far more than Collins would, but Collins can't guard Embiid/Jokic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These takes are just outright stupid.

Like, really.

They got Collins on a free. And he's a different player than Poeltl. And Poeltl gets wrecked by Embiid, too. Collins is lighter and can't handle him, but no one can right now. As I've been saying numerous times, Collins is more of a PF in size.

The question is what kind of big man will work with Wembanyama, whether starting or more likely coming off the bench. Poeltl would gum things up far more than Collins would, but Collins can't guard Embiid/Jokic.
    You know what kind of big won't work with Wemby? Unanthletic stiff who can't shoot, can't score, can't pass, and can't defend. You know...like Collins.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is a net negative to this roster. The team plays worse with him on the floor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the right center “ body type “ both of our pf “ body types “ ( Zollins & Wemby ) would function just fine. The problem is neither one can hold their position against physical post players. We’ll get the right piece

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah yes, our single missing piece in case we meet the Sixers in the finals this year or next

Thread Information