Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks more mobile on both ends of the court than Gasol right now.
    So he doesn't look like he's running with a turd in his shorts constantly. Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Purdue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offensive game is trash still, but he finished hard when he got the chance (meaning dunks). But he cannot create for himself at all. I do love that he’s a true hard worker though. He isnt some slack off type of player he will give it his all. I don’t think he’s got a lot of upside because he’s not an offensive player at all but maybe he can expand that. Maybe Pau will help him...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl and Pau together makes no sense in today's NBA..really hope it means they could trade Pau, rather than starting 2 traditional bigs again..

He isn't a garbage time player, he's already a legit rotation guy, he's not going to ride the bench..
    Honestly, centers still make sense against run of the mill teams. They are of course useless against the elite teams.

Spurs still make the playoff with this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offensive game is trash still, but he finished hard when he got the chance (meaning dunks). But he cannot create for himself at all. I do love that he’s a true hard worker though. He isnt some slack off type of player he will give it his all. I don’t think he’s got a lot of upside because he’s not an offensive player at all but maybe he can expand that. Maybe Pau will help him...
    Someone needs to do the dirty work while Aldridge and Gasol take it easy.

That's what I think Poetl, Cunningham and perhaps Blossomgame are going to bring to the table. The garbage men.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob Poetl's NBA Draft.net profile:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jakob-poeltl

Birthday: 10/15/95
    NBA Position: Center
    Class: Sop re
    Ht: 7-1
    Wt: 240
    Hometown: Vienna, Austria
    High School: Arkadia Traiskirchen

2016 Mock: 9 Big Board: 17 Pos Rank - C: 3
    NBA Comparison: Andrew Bogut

Strengths: There are not many 7' footers who can run the floor like he does ... He gets up and down the court very well, giving strong effort on every possession ... Often gets himself open just by out-hustling opposing bigmen ... He has an long, agile, and strong body, and enjoys contact and doesn’t back down from it ... His skill level is still very raw but he has big, soft hands, and knows how to use his large frame to get deep post position and present good angles ... Shows the ability to finish with both hands, and his soft touch gives his offensive game some real intrigue ... His ability to finish around the rim allowed him to shoot with very high efficiency numbers from the field this year ... Another very intriguing aspect of his skillset is how well he moves his feet on defense ... He shows great coordination and can really show hard on the pick and roll without getting beat easily by guards ... He plays really hard every minute on the floor, has a good motor and seems to understand his limitations ... Needs to add some strength, but has an excellent frame to carry weight ...

Weaknesses: Despite being very young and showing a lot of ability, it's possible that his ceiling isn't quite as high as some believe ... While he's got a great at ude and appears very coachable, there's skepticism whether he has the swagger to take his game to a star level ... At the moment he doesn’t have any post moves to create for himself or be major a threat offensively and his free throw shooting was amongst the worst of any draft prospect ... It begs the question of how big an impact he will be on the offensive end, and also without teammates creating for him ... Defensively he should look to become a little nastier in pushing people around on the block ... At this point his skills as a rim protector are underdeveloped, and it may never be a strength to his game ... While he is really good at bodying people up and blocking shots on ball, he needs to learn how to contest shots coming from help side as well as being better against guards driving to the rim ... Overall Poeltl has certainly made the best of his year and deserved the hype considering how fast he developed ... Though his developing a real post game remains a questionmark, and that could always keep him away from becoming a high level NBA center ...

Outlook: After such a productive freshman year and showing a lot of promise with his great size, fluidity and solid touch, Poeltl is considered a likely first rounder by NBA scouts if he enters the 2015 NBA draft ...

Notes: Name is pronounced "Ya-kob Per-del" ... The Austrian became a sensation and highly talked about among the NBA scouting world for the first three months of the college season as he established as one of the top young center prospects ... He kind of hit the freshman wall during the Pac-12 regular season before finishing with a strong conference tournament and NCAA tournament that put his name back on the map ... He finished off the season averaging 9 ppg, 7 rpg and 2 bpg in just 23 minutes while shooting a fantastic 68% from the floor ... Measured 7'1’’ in shoes, with a 7'1’’ wingspan and 242 lbs at the 2015 Nike Basketball Academy

Rick Pietro 4/12/15
    Sounds like a serviceable Tiago Splitter clone. Can't shoot but maybe knows how to finish. He's also young and cheap.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So eventually we'll be with

PG - Murray
    SG - Walker
    SF - DeRozan
    PF - Aldridge
    C - Poeltl
    So the spurs don't make any moves in 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the spurs don't make any moves in 3 years.
    No we may, I'm just saying right now with the roster where it's at. Honestly I'm excited about Murray/Walker/DeRozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just a trinket that the Raptors threw into the package to seal the deal. He probably won't see many minutes if any.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought several people were going to leave when trump won
    they were moving to canada but never did
    They joined ANTIFA and moved to Seattle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, ducks, when your president flees to Moscow, will you join him?
    I LOVE LOOKING AT DIFFERENT CITIES
    WOULD NOT MIND TAX PLAYERS PAYING FOR MY FLIIGHT AND RIDING AIRFORCE ONE AND TALKING TO PRESIDENT OF THE USA GREATEST COUNTRY IN USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So eventually we'll be with

PG - Murray
    SG - White
    SF - DeRozan
    PF - Aldridge
    C - Poeltl
    Fixed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love that you can dig through one thread and get 50 different opinions about a guy.

Never change, SpursTalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So nothing but dunks and blocks.
    The Spurs lack both those. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He dunks with mean intentions and only 22? I like him already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yer pick 9 in the Ben Simmons draft. I’m hearing last season showed very good development with both hands and feet movement. 7’1” and won’t be getting smaller anytime soon tbh.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, yes, the classic "can rebound and block but can't grab a rebound on defensive side" Play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok I'm not mad about it but you don't think long term Lonnie Walker is the starting at SG? Might put us in a logjam if all 3 are eventually really good, not a bad situation to be in though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to lie, like everybody here I didn't give him a chance because he's white and European. I thought he was just a soft stiff.

Looks athletic, mobile, and coordinated after watching some of his games though. I'm actually kind of excited about him. Much prefer his skillset over that of a guy like Valanciunas. OG on top of him, Demar, and the 1st would've been a complete rape of TOR for a 1 year rental. Need to ship Pau ASAP to free up minutes for him, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Big, mobile and has some lift!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see what Manu could do for his game in the pnr. Manu might not be able to attack like he use to, but he looks good on the roll and you know Manu will set him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see what Manu could do for his game in the pnr. Manu might not be able to attack like he use to, but he looks good on the roll and you know Manu will set him up.
    Agreed, might be the best pick and roll big Manu has played with since Tiago

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he guard the PNR as well as Spltter? Can he rebound?
    Splitter was a ty rebounder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is Manu returning.?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already like him at the 5 more than Pau.

Thread Information