Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good write up! I agree Pau should be moved this year if we can find the right person if not moved or let go next year. But he is done as far as Spurs player. In reality Pau, Forbes, Paul, should all be gone and don't tell me that Nikola, Hanga, Livio are not better then those three guys.
    Wait, was Livio any good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's obviously never seen LJC play because he's awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Poeltl it looks like Pop will be able to play his "funnel into the shot blocker down low" defense that hasn't really been effective since Duncan/Tiago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Euro bigs normally take a few years till they get respect from the Refs. Splitter's first 2 he fouled at a higher rate than after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's obviously never seen LJC play because he's awful
    LJC can literally do nothing well on a basketball court. Wtf is he smoking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be even better than Robertas Javtokas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems like a decent player but it's hard to see how he was picked 9th overall or is talented enough to warrant such a pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems like a decent player but it's hard to see how he was picked 9th overall or is talented enough to warrant such a pick.
    He was the highest rated center in that draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Livio - Actually I would agree with in the past but went to three games in Austin he looked really good. He has seemed to fully recover from his knee injury he was scoring from all over was rebounding, blocking shots, and even has some nice
    assist. So yeah I am not saying he is K-Y but the kid is a tall athletic player we desperately need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a homeless mans Clint Capela....for now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Livio - Actually I would agree with in the past but went to three games in Austin he looked really good. He has seemed to fully recover from his knee injury he was scoring from all over was rebounding, blocking shots, and even has some nice
    assist. So yeah I am not saying he is K-Y but the kid is a tall athletic player we desperately need.
    Actually not a terrible idea. People were remarking that he finally seemed to be coming around when he went back to France.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually not a terrible idea. People were remarking that he finally seemed to be coming around when he went back to France.
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurocup...al-with-asvel/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks again. Might have been interesting to see him in the Spurs camp this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks again. Might have been interesting to see him in the Spurs camp this summer.
    "Jean-Charles last played for Spanish club Unicaja Malaga. In eight games of the 2017-2018 ACB, the French forward averaged 4.1 points and 3.1 rebounds over 13 minutes per match."

Now, I've got no idea why he was even drafted. Also, Spurs where one pick away from getting Gobert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Jean-Charles last played for Spanish club Unicaja Malaga. In eight games of the 2017-2018 ACB, the French forward averaged 4.1 points and 3.1 rebounds over 13 minutes per match."

Now, I've got no idea why he was even drafted. Also, Spurs where one pick away from getting Gobert.
    Yeah, I saw the Unicaja Malaga line. But I don't really know what to make of those Euroleague stats, tbh. You sometimes see NBA coaches and front offices and commentators go gaga over some guy whose stats are very pedestrian. For instance, what has Milutinov ever accomplished? Why was he even drafted? On the other hand, some guys who put up some pretty good numbers in Europe have already busted in the NBA and many who haven't don't get cursory interest from the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The center of the future

May he learn a lot from Timmy and David..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I saw the Unicaja Malaga line. But I don't really know what to make of those Euroleague stats, tbh. You sometimes see NBA coaches and front offices and commentators go gaga over some guy whose stats are very pedestrian. For instance, what has Milutinov ever accomplished? Why was he even drafted? On the other hand, some guys who put up some pretty good numbers in Europe have already busted in the NBA and many who haven't don't get cursory interest from the NBA.
    Milutinov was drafted purely as he had a modi of potential and wasn't ready to come over. This was the summer they wanted to have cap space and signed LMA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked back at grades from draft and most gave a A to Toronto for drafting him 9th. I believe Forbes gave the pick a A- and they gave the next pick Thon Maker a D the Bucks 10th pick.

As far as this kid I think he is a more athletic Nestrovich. He is not an enforcer and is not very physical as far as being able to be able to bang with bigs.

Just curious who do you think is better this kid or Nikola? Is it possible that after Gasol leaves we have both on our team?

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's a stiff. 11th man a la Miles Plumlee - ceiling is Mason Plumlee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a stiff. 11th man a la Miles Plumlee - ceiling is Mason Plumlee.
    spurs new rasho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems much more athletic to me. I am keeping my fingers crossed that with some exposure to Tim, he can develop into a decent rotation piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has great stats both in blocks and defensive +\- and that is the most exciting thing to me. The Spurs need defense after losing Green and Anderson. Aldridge is an underrated defender. I think the Spurs are thinking that as long as they have Murray and always have either Aldridge or Poeltl on the court, it will help them get away with having some DeRozan, Belinelli and no real defensive SF. It might work if you use the classic Spur strategy of funneling towards the big man.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funnel strategy worked before the league started jacking up 3s every time down the floor. Not sure it’s effective with wings that don’t play D

Thread Information