Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of stans here. I’ve never seen such love for a loser player before. I mean one crazy guy supporting Jimmer, sure. Even the playblair guy is crazy but he’s just one guy. But the amount of love for our loser starting Center whom sucks is beyond belief. I mean the dude sucks as a starter. And if he is your starting center then you aren’t contending.

We used to celebrate champions in the Duncan era. All time greats in David and Ice. Role players who stepped up in the playoffs and redeemed themselves after disastrous beginnings like Sean and AJ and Bruce. And now we have fallen so low that we are championing Jakob ing Poeltl

Here’s a list of things Poeltl can’t do or hasn’t achieved
    -play legit starter minutes (so all you es who whine to me about using stats outta context when you do the exact same ing thing when you bring up his advanced stats)
    - average double digit anything
    -make an all star team
    -make an all nba defense team (when supposedly he’s better than Gobert on defense according to some here)
    -make a positive impact in the playoffs
    -shoot the ball
    -be a threat to score and not have his man clog the paint all ing game long for our guards
    - play with intensity every night
    -show up in shape to start the season
    - be a leader
    -back up his talk/whining during the offseason
    -guard any big man that’s actually good
    -pay for teams hacking him
    -won any damn thing with us and make us not regret getting shafted by Toronto

Things he can do or has done
    lead all role players in the Matt Bonner analytics department
    he can switch well and stick with guards (probably the thing everyone is so enamored with)
    however he follows that up with
    -plays good defense 3 outta 5 games
    -sets good screens
    -gets .8 rebounds more than our PG
    -has become a better finisher (still soft though)
    -is 7 feet and in the world of midgets that’s still nice to have
    -having idiots say how great he is
    Yeah, these mfers here act like we don't watch the actual games and see how garbage he is. I don't give a if he averaged 9 points per game. We in suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way he would start of Kristap. It just wouldn’t happen. You don’t give up three 1st rounders, pay a dude $33 million and then bench him. That’s stupid. You make that move and it’s a ride or die move. Dallas would die with Kristaps before starting Poeltl. He wouldn’t start on the Clippers so that’s another team gone. He wouldnt start for the Knicks either bc he doesn’t fit with Randle. My point is that if he is your starting center then you aren’t contending.

I will give you the Nets though but that’s a rather special example when you have Harden, Durant, Kyrie who can all shoot and create for themselves and others.

He wouldn’t start for the 76ers, Bucks, Knicks, Hawks, Heat, Celtics,Pacers, Bulls, Toronto, or the Cavs in the East. And I’m iffy on CHA tbh with Kai. That’s 4 teams he would be starting on imo and all of them suck save Brooklyn

Now for the West he wouldn’t start for Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, Clips, Portland, Denver, Memphis, GS, NO, Minn, and Hou. That leaves Lakers, Spurs, Sac and OKC that he would start for. Lakers obviously the best of the group but once again you need a top 5 level talent in AD and an all time great in Lebron.

So by my estimation, and you are welcome to disagree, he would start for 7 (maybe 8) other teams in the league. Not exactly the world beater these advanced stats and stans would have us believe
    Porzingis doesn’t play center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of stans here. I’ve never seen such love for a loser player before. I mean one crazy guy supporting Jimmer, sure. Even the playblair guy is crazy but he’s just one guy. But the amount of love for our loser starting Center whom sucks is beyond belief. I mean the dude sucks as a starter. And if he is your starting center then you aren’t contending.

We used to celebrate champions in the Duncan era. All time greats in David and Ice. Role players who stepped up in the playoffs and redeemed themselves after disastrous beginnings like Sean and AJ and Bruce. And now we have fallen so low that we are championing Jakob ing Poeltl

-play legit starter minutes (so all you es who whine to me about using stats outta context when you do the exact same ing thing when you bring up his advanced stats)
    -make an all star team
    -make an all nba defense team (when supposedly he’s better than Gobert on defense according to some here)
    -shoot the ball
    -be a threat to score and not have his man clog the paint all ing game long for our guards
    - be a leader

he can switch well and stick with guards (probably the thing everyone is so enamored with)
    -sets good screens
    So many dumb arguments

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way he would start of Kristap. It just wouldn’t happen. You don’t give up three 1st rounders, pay a dude $33 million and then bench him. That’s stupid. You make that move and it’s a ride or die move. Dallas would die with Kristaps before starting Poeltl. He wouldn’t start on the Clippers so that’s another team gone. He wouldnt start for the Knicks either bc he doesn’t fit with Randle. My point is that if he is your starting center then you aren’t contending.

I will give you the Nets though but that’s a rather special example when you have Harden, Durant, Kyrie who can all shoot and create for themselves and others.

He wouldn’t start for the 76ers, Bucks, Knicks, Hawks, Heat, Celtics,Pacers, Bulls, Toronto, or the Cavs in the East. And I’m iffy on CHA tbh with Kai. That’s 4 teams he would be starting on imo and all of them suck save Brooklyn

Now for the West he wouldn’t start for Utah, Phoenix, Dallas, Clips, Portland, Denver, Memphis, GS, NO, Minn, and Hou. That leaves Lakers, Spurs, Sac and OKC that he would start for. Lakers obviously the best of the group but once again you need a top 5 level talent in AD and an all time great in Lebron.

So by my estimation, and you are welcome to disagree, he would start for 7 (maybe 8) other teams in the league. Not exactly the world beater these advanced stats and stans would have us believe
    So he is a starter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're out of your goddamn mind. No way does he start for Brooklyn or the clippers. lol. no. They would have been packaged him in a deal out of town.
    Have you seen who the have as centers ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he is a starter?
    Looks like it yes, that’s an improvement since 2 days ago he said he wouldn’t start anywhere else than in SA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah right, not being able to develop a hook shot, one of the most basic moves in basketball, after 5 NBA seasons shows you exactly what kind of work ethic this guy has. It's hilarious to me how many people bash players but then want to defend a guy like Poeltl who publicly said he thinks he should start, but hasn't improved anywhere. All that you are saying is that his impact numbers improved, nothing else. Has he added any moves since college? In fact he actually posted up in college and looked way better offensively than he does now. Also nobody expects him to add a 3-point shot, yet this guy goes on IG and posts pics of him shooting corner 3s. Like WTF is he doing during the offseason?

Nobody is saying that his contract hasn't value or that he isn't great defensively. But his offensive skillset is laughable for an NBA player.
    Boy, you're laughable. Jakobs last Instagram-post is from November 2020. So what you're talking about.
    Seems like his skillset is enough to play for the Spurs as the the starting 5 and cashing in a few bucks more than you ever can dream of Don't think he has a bad night, because of what some ST trolls think about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idiot haters here dont have a word to say why Poeltl's advanced stats numbers are so good and why he is a high impact player when he plays. Morons who dont watch basketball but think they are savants of the game by looking at box scores.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idiot haters here dont have a word to say why Poeltl's advanced stats numbers are so good and why he is a high impact player when he plays. Morons who dont watch basketball but think they are savants of the game by looking at box scores.
    high impact on what? Winning? Bc we haven't had this bad of seasons since the 80s before we got Robinson. Dude isn't good enough for us to be a winning team. Period. Idgaf what his advanced stats are. They are useless bc A) he doesn't play enough minutes for it to really matter and B) he is useless on offense. There isn't a stat that says your defender gets to just camp out in the lane and clog it making it more difficult for your guards to penetrate. But if there was one, he would be at the top of that too.

It's nothing to do with stat counting. Just watch some games (I admit I only watched about 30 games last year) and you can see he makes it difficult on us. yeah he sets great screens, but he isn't a threat to roll to the basket and finish so you can literally defend him with a point guard which negates the screen. We have to do so much herky jerky stuff, which is why Murray is ing struggling so much. White seems better bc he is craftier and shiftier than Murray who is more of a downhill player and Lonnie as well. even demar struggled or KJ bc Poeltls man was always there in the paint! The truth is, advanced stats or not, he isn't a good enough player for us to start him and to win. When we had Duncan, we could have a useless big man on offense like Rasho or Muhhamed. We don't have that luxury anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a mediocre bball player who's good enough to start for a tanking team and for that i like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many dumb arguments
    You can have Jak. We won't win with him as the starter. we haven't even made the playoffs with him as the starter. So yeah defend him as we continue to suck with him and talk about my dumb arguments as we lose 50 games this year. And somehow you will be "right" about Jak.

Sidenote: change your avatar You RD2191 wannabe. Idgaf if you supposedly were "here 1st" when you take 6 years off the site. I see your posts and I think I'm actually reading a real poster and then it's a big disappointment to find out that it's you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you seen who the have as centers ?
    yes and they at least dunk the ball or attempt to around the basket

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes and they at least dunk the ball or attempt to around the basket
    This guy gets basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess now that Demar and Patty are gone the new scapegoats will be Jakob and Bryn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-make an all star team
    -shoot the ball
    - be a leader

-sets good screens
    At counting stats without context and poor reading comprehension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what? Put up or shut up! No Spurs fan wouldn’t be happy to see Poeltl become aggressive. He is very capable with his height and basketball IQ. Instead he comes out last year not ready to play, after just got a new contract. The vets are gone, it’s put up or shut up. And by the number of players Spurs have who can play the C and has BETTER offensive skills, I say Poeltl better start putting up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be more fun to cheer for the Aussie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can have Jak. We won't win with him as the starter. we haven't even made the playoffs with him as the starter. So yeah defend him as we continue to suck with him and talk about my dumb arguments as we lose 50 games this year. And somehow you will be "right" about Jak.

Sidenote: change your avatar You RD2191 wannabe. Idgaf if you supposedly were "here 1st" when you take 6 years off the site. I see your posts and I think I'm actually reading a real poster and then it's a big disappointment to find out that it's you.
    Well, if my avatar pisses you off, that’s another reason to keep it.
    And I’m not a R2D2 wanabee, this guy can’t post here without being vulgar or insulting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's his alt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess now that Demar and Patty are gone the new scapegoats will be Jakob and Bryn.
    don’t forget the #1 scapegoat………..

coach Pop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Tank I Trust - All Part Of the CIA Plan

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t hate him but he’s more useful on a talented team and that is not us. On the flipside, none of our players are exactly amazing. For stretches last year, Yak was our best player. So yeah, our team sucks but it’s not all on him, either. Would I rather see what Jocko can do? Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    give this guy some credit. Looks like a completely different player. I see post ups, drop steps, hook shots, assists and most importantly: strong dunks

ORtg 133 DRtg 106

Let's hope he keeps this up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    give this guy some credit. Looks like a completely different player. I see post ups, drop steps, hook shots, assists and most importantly: strong dunks

ORtg 133 DRtg 106

Let's hope he keeps this up
    not to mention the compe ion that game came against. outstanding performance. and usually poeltl started seasons slow and weak and picked up over time. this is really encouraging stuff

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He keeps this up hands down wins the most improved player award this season.

Thread Information