Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything you can take from these videos is that DD is a SG and is best playing against smaller or equal sized players. As soon as someone is bigger, he can't bounce off them and create space. Luckily we have a tone of SF and a few guards /s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most depressing Spurs related video ever

A lot of the comparison and advantage given to Leonard was his strength in absorbing contact and getting his shot off. When he came back for the nine games last year the difference I saw in his game was that he was thinner, not as strong couldn’t back defenders down like before. Also his theee point shot was less reliable but that could just be sample size. It will be interesting to see how he comes back this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another issue I have with this roster is rebounding. If we are going with 3 guard lineups at time (most of the time) and having Gay and Bertans play the 4, we simply don't have the rebounders to compete. We would simply need to run and gun. Luckily we have Gasol who is a super athletic big man, right? /s. See Leonard was a great rebounder for his size and playing SF. replacing him with DD, means our rebounding is significantly worse. Players like Carroll or Wilson Chandler would really help here.

Atm, I assume the rotation is this.

PG: Murray 27 / Mills 21
    SG: Beli 18 / White 10 / Forbes 10
    SF: DD 33 / Manu 12
    PF: LMA 31 / Gay 24 / Bertans 14
    C: Gasol 25 / Poeltl 15

That's a 12 man rotation and probably 2 more than needed on big games. I see White and Bertans/Poeltl losing most of their minutes with a boost to LMA/DD/Gay/Manu in those bigger games. Overall I am not happy with how many guards we have. I have no idea how Walker will see any time this season. Honestly, how can the Spurs not at this stage consider trading Mills for a SF. By trading Mills for a starting rotational calibre SF, will address many issues. White would become the backup to Murray, which he seems ready for with Walker and Manu being the 3rd string. DD can move to SG, which is his better position to play. This enables Beli and Forbes to be backup SG's which is who they are at the end of the day. Walker/Manu will add depth if need be.

Players who I think the Spurs could straight up trade Mills for to address this issue are.

Harkless
    Carroll (expiring)
    Lance Thomas
    Wilson Chandler (expiring)
    James Johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar DeRozan is one of 10 players to average 20+ points in each of the last five seasons. Nine others:
    LeBron
    Durant
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Curry
    Lillard
    Cousins
    Griffin
    A. Davis

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most depressing Spurs related video ever

Dude is like I don’t want to rag on DeMar but makes an entire video ragging on him... then says at the end he just needs to play well in the playoffs. Vid was depressing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much explains why Derozan sucks in the playoffs where they allow more contact. 20+ ppg seasons don't mean anything if you can't perform when the brightest lights are on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tor is starting to falter. Currently, 27th pick is coming to SA. 76ers breathing down their neck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had a lot of better options if they wanted them (and we know because some have even been reported). The problem is that they overrated DeRozan's value.
    Yep.

Also, White needs to be in the rotation. Him and Murray's possible development are the only things worth looking forward to next season.
    Crazy to think that if Murray wouldn't have got injured, White might not even be part of the rotation.

I'm leaning to not wanting Manu back, tbh. I just want the Spurs to get one bonafide SF, at least one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers deal around Harris and their picks seem like it would have been the way to go if what they were rumored to offer was true

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

Crazy to think that if Murray wouldn't have got injured, White might not even be part of the rotation.

I think White would have been part of the rotation, for sure. But he would be a super sub a la Manu. He would have been the perfect Manu replacement from a play-making and scoring perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think White would have been part of the rotation, for sure. But he would be a super sub a la Manu. He would have been the perfect Manu replacement from a play-making and scoring perspective.
    I don't think he would have started as part of the rotation, tbh. I think he eventually would have made it, but not with the type of minutes he's getting now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tor is starting to falter. Currently, 27th pick is coming to SA. 76ers breathing down their neck.
    Toronto has one of the easiest remaining schedules tbh. Ideally at least Milwaukee and GSW finish ahead of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White would've been the 2nd string PG that's why Parker left

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad we have a guard who can actually dribble tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White would've been the 2nd string PG that's why Parker left
    To start the season Pop played the SL of Forbes, DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge, Poeltl. Without Murray's injury it is safe to say that Murray would have Taken Forbes' place.

And we all know Forbes, Mills and Belinelli were ahead of White in Pop's pecking order, so those 3 plus Bertans and Gasol would have probably been the bench rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the am I reading? Do you guys really think teams are going to gamble on Kawhi? There are already rumors that he's considering sitting the entire 2018 season. This isn't mid-2016, and other teams have eyes and ears. They know Kawhi intentionally took himself out of last season.

This is way, way more than I would have expected us to get given the cir stances. You guys were expecting the moon when we have a headcase of a player who has said he only wants to play for the Lakers. If you were a GM not named Pelinka, would you buy Kawhi right now?

Raptors fans are really upset by this trade. That should tell you all you need to know about the relative value we're giving.
    that last sentence , but seems like most people on here knew this was trash from day 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA badly needs Murray/Lonnie/White to Pop.

I don’t get how SA could so strongly want to win now and not be making other moves. They have to know the roster isn’t well built and that they need more. If you are going to harm the franchise long-term for the sake of Pop short-term, why not go all in and make a move for another true win-now piece?
    Still rings true. Baffling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, LA did. Just like PG. Im calling it now: Unless LA trades for Kawhi this season, Kawhi will NOT be a Laker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Danny Green so you can start Bryn Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Take away our franchise player but here’s a solid, championship material role player just to top it off.”

Danny would still look like trash on this current Spurs system but man I would still prefer him over Dumbmar. at least Danny never moped when Pop gets mad at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Honestly, after I read the total package of today’s big trade, my word for word reaction was:
    That's why I always trust my gut, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lotta truth bombs in this thread. Most had a good read on this crap from the beginning and no one felt good about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only the misinformed actually thought derozan would help this team or improve it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he would have failed a physical, only refused to take one

And if value went down even more, so what? So instead of a depressed Max player who doesn't play defense, a number 28-30 pick, and a back up center that was abused by the Cavs ... They get nothing? Sounds good to me.

The Spurs caved because they're nice guys, way too nice.

Look at what treating Simmons will got them. Morey would have forced him into the Qualifying Offer, so would most GMs. But the Spurs being so nice let him it so he could go get paid. Even now, he has a bum wrist still not healed, and had he entered this market instead he'd be begging for a bi-annual.

But the Spurs were nice, let him go increase his career earnings from what was shaping up to be 5 million to 20 million and live a good lifestyle for him and his 4+ kids.

And how does Simmons treat them now? By ting on the Spurs with his Kawhi tweets.

That bum was on his way to China and a life of debt and broken dreams without the Spurs' kindness, and he just spit in their face.

That's why they gave in, they're too soft.
    I am not necessarily on the 'Must Trade DeRozan NOW!' team, because I don't want them to take back bad contracts or even more pet-scrubs for Pop to over-play.

He can opt-out and screw off, that's good enough for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I always trust my gut, tbh.
    first ing comment after your OP
    so basically you know we got hosed but have rationalized it over time.

Thread Information