Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow..sa express..Sitting in India, I know far more than what your article "revealed"!!
    you have Internet in India ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m firmly with PAFTO on this, and the emerging facts such as Kawhi’s “posse” (lol) wanting the Spurs to provide diva treatment are plausible. But, I also feel like they probably didn’t try very hard. Spurs have their methods, and when the posse wasn’t immediately catered to, they probably started putting the poison in Kawhi’s ear like immature millennials who ghost people as a relationship strategy.

All that said, I think Pop owes us an explanation. The SA media must ask Pop and RC one question - what did Kawhi tell you were the reasons he wanted to leave? And then, do you believe them, or were there other reasons for the rift in your opinion?

The “no looking back” stuff is like Obama absolving the telecoms for violating federal law. It is absolutely appropriate for Pop to disclose, so the fans can have confidence in PAFTO that this fiasco isn’t on them. And, it’s appropriate because we buy all the tickets and Kawhi was a fan favorite.

We deserve an explanation from Pop, and Kawhi’s interest in privacy as to what he personally told Pop is FAR outweighed by the fans’ interest in the truth. And, Kawhi lost his right to that privacy when he pulled this move. You leave like this, you face consequences. Does anyone else feel similarly?

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All old news. Just putting the pieces together of a puzzle that has already been done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m firmly with PAFTO on this, and the emerging facts such as Kawhi’s “posse” (lol) wanting the Spurs to provide diva treatment are plausible. But, I also feel like they probably didn’t try very hard. Spurs have their methods, and when the posse wasn’t immediately catered to, they probably started putting the poison in Kawhi’s ear like immature millennials who ghost people as a relationship strategy.

All that said, I think Pop owes us an explanation. The SA media must ask Pop and RC one question - what did Kawhi tell you were the reasons he wanted to leave? And then, do you believe them, or were there other reasons for the rift in your opinion?

The “no looking back” stuff is like Obama absolving the telecoms for violating federal law. It is absolutely appropriate for Pop to disclose, so the fans can have confidence in PAFTO that this fiasco isn’t on them. And, it’s appropriate because we buy all the tickets and Kawhi was a fan favorite.

We deserve an explanation from Pop, and Kawhi’s interest in privacy as to what he personally told Pop is FAR outweighed by the fans’ interest in the truth. And, Kawhi lost his right to that privacy when he pulled this move. You leave like this, you face consequences. Does anyone else feel similarly?
    The only answer is :" My family decided I have to go in a bigger market because we all are gonna live better and make a much better amount of money...and I have to follow my family decisions"

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New details were probably:
    1) Kawhi and his 'group' seeing Westchuck with his fancy car during the All-Star Game,
    2) Kawhi and his 'group' surprised by how popular Kawhi is in China (and probably many other countries as well) despite that Kawhi did not visit them previously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guys twitter timeline has a better rundown of what may have happened behind the scenes: https://twitter.com/BTAMLAND2323/with_replies

Obviously might be a bunch of BS from a random on Twitter, but if you read his tweets starting from July 17 there's some pretty interesting stuff about Uncle Dennis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he has a serious injury and his uncle has a sad end to life I will be avenged

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karma's a . When it strikes don't cheer too loudly.
    I fully intend to engage in schadenfreude at Leonard’s expense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guys twitter timeline has a better rundown of what may have happened behind the scenes: https://twitter.com/BTAMLAND2323/with_replies

Obviously might be a bunch of BS from a random on Twitter, but if you read his tweets starting from July 17 there's some pretty interesting stuff about Uncle Dennis.

What I gathered from some of this tweets:

1. Dedmon and J Simmons weren't brought back because they poisoned the locker room. They felt they were better than other people on the team and told that to the rest of the team (sounds like SJax too). More about playing and getting there numbers, money, etc. (no I in team). Spoke a lot to Kawhi. Telling him he was too good for SA. Getting that from his family/camp too. A lot of this got bad once Duncan retired. He kept in order apparently.

2. Uncle Dennis lobbied the Spurs to hire him in the front office in order to keep Kawhi in SA. Uncle Dennis been trying to create his own sports agency. Trying to get other clients ...

3. Kawhi showed up to a game last year and told team he didn't feel like playing with them.

4. Kawhi has always been fit to play, but shopped multiple doctors for 1 doctor to cover him to say he was injured. He quit on the team over the summer. -- this whole thing is confusing as well on the side about Spurs doctors first saying muscle contusion, then complaining of persistent pain, saying chronic tendinopathy.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes it seem like Spurs Alienated him. Dude wanted to bolt way before last January. Jalen Rose called it. Anything afterward is just people reacting to Kawhi's actions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all fell apart when uncle Dennis decided he wanted to open a marketing company and use KL as his model client.
    A summary of how it fell apart is wholly incomplete without an explanation of the motivation of uncle Dennis and the motivation of his new agent. That is the core of the tale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have Internet in India ?
    No. I sent that comment via pigeon post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I gathered from some of this tweets:

1. Dedmon and J Simmons weren't brought back because they poisoned the locker room. They felt they were better than other people on the team and told that to the rest of the team (sounds like SJax too). More about playing and getting there numbers, money, etc. (no I in team). Spoke a lot to Kawhi. Telling him he was too good for SA. Getting that from his family/camp too. A lot of this got bad once Duncan retired. He kept in order apparently.

2. Uncle Dennis lobbied the Spurs to hire him in the front office in order to keep Kawhi in SA. Uncle Dennis been trying to create his own sports agency. Trying to get other clients ...

3. Kawhi showed up to a game last year and told team he didn't feel like playing with them.

4. Kawhi has always been fit to play, but shopped multiple doctors for 1 doctor to cover him to say he was injured. He quit on the team over the summer. -- this whole thing is confusing as well on the side about Spurs doctors first saying muscle contusion, then complaining of persistent pain, saying chronic tendinopathy.

I have no basis to believe this person on Twitter, but I actually do and it would make sense. When things like this happen it's never because of just one thing. The combination of toxicity after Duncan left is alarming.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All that said, I think Pop owes us an explanation. The SA media must ask Pop and RC one question - what did Kawhi tell you were the reasons he wanted to leave? And then, do you believe them, or were there other reasons for the rift in your opinion
    Antonio Daniels had an observation of Pop that no other former Spur has mentioned.

First, he was complimentary about how Pop evolved with the game -- from defense and low post play with 50 and 21 all the way to the "beautiful game". So Pop has adjusted on the court over the years to thrive for two decades. That part, everyone says.

But then Daniels said, Pop has not made any adjustments off the court. He treats players and runs things like he still has 50 and 21 in the locker room. He doesn't, so he needs to realize that and adjust his approach off the court to stay relevant. He also said when 21 walked out the door, the Spurs culture walked out with him.

Great take by AD that other former Spurs haven't had the guts to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Has Pop ever admitted blame for anything? I can't recall him ever doing so. Other coaches do it all the time and say they could have done things better or made mistakes. He runs a dictatorship and that probably contributed to Kawhi wanting to leave. He even keeps the media in step.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

No one likes to be ambushed.

Good stuff from Mcdonald.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Pop ever admitted blame for anything? I can't recall him ever doing so. Other coaches do it all the time and say they could have done things better or made mistakes. He runs a dictatorship and that probably contributed to Kawhi wanting to leave. He even keeps the media in step.
    Of course he has. What are you going on about? He literally just did it with LMA saying he was trying to over coach him. He’s done it before as well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Has Pop ever admitted blame for anything? I can't recall him ever doing so.
    lol this has to be a troll post.

Either that or you are completely ignorant of the LMA situation last year.

Which is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he has. What are you going on about? He literally just did it with LMA saying he was trying to over coach him. He’s done it before as well.
    Sure he admitted blame for the LMA situation, which was a situation he created himself that alienated his star player. But I was contrasting him with coaches that much more readily admit mistakes. You can't say he's in that category.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Has Pop ever admitted blame for anything? I can't recall him ever doing so.
    Sure he admitted blame for the LMA situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

Only reason he got "ambushed" is because the players found out what was really going on. Kawhi and group were totally ing the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

Done deal, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure he admitted blame for the LMA situation, which was a situation he created himself that alienated his star player. But I was contrasting him with coaches that much more readily admit mistakes. You can't say he's in that category.
    Pop can't even come to grips with his bull ideology. He's the personification of liberal hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only reason he got "ambushed" is because the players found out what was really going on. Kawhi and group were totally ing the team.
    No one even knew his status. Make up your minds spurmfabs

Thread Information