Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robinson and Duncan were just special people with high character. Very rare your going to come across a superstar with the type of character both of those guys had. I just feel the reality of this league is 99 percent of stars tend to be divas ala Durant,Lebron, etc. As much as I dislike Curry I would say he's the real glue of the Warriors with him not being a diva but if he was that team would fall apart immediately. Donovon Mitc is another guy who strikes me as a high character guy that could be a superstar down the line. You get the idea though that it's very hard to find a superstar with great character.
    Curry also took the full max without looking back (not blaming him though.)He isn’t humble in most capacity. He also seemed somewhat bitter in the background when he watched Durant take the Finals MVP from him this past June. Next summer is going to be bad. Plus Draymond going after Durant was a subtle shot at Curry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry also took the full max without looking back (not blaming him though.)He isn’t humble in most capacity. He also seemed somewhat bitter in the background when he watched Durant take the Finals MVP from him this past June. Next summer is going to be bad. Plus Draymond going after Durant was a subtle shot at Curry.
    I'm all for the Warriors ending up in disarray. I definitely feel they will fall apart once they are finally dethroned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have Internet in India ?
    No. I sent that comment via pigeon post.
    You have pigeons in India ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have pigeons in India ?
    Seems like you dont have internet or pigeons where you are . Google is your friend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis attends first meeting between Toronto and Kawhi

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...g-With-Raptors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL Have fun with Uncle Dennis, Toronto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Masai Ujiri talks about Leonard and the Raptors: http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/2...-derozan-trade

"“That’s my job. That’s why I am in this seat. To try to figure that part out. I’ve had conversations with Kawhi, his agent and his uncle and everything has gone well. I’m looking forward to meeting them.”

Is this even normal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah have fun with that..

At least Lavar Ball is aware of his trolling act, this Uncle Dumbass actually thinks he could be the next Rich Paul ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Masai Ujiri talks about Leonard and the Raptors: http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/2...-derozan-trade

"“That’s my job. That’s why I am in this seat. To try to figure that part out. I’ve had conversations with Kawhi, his agent and his uncle and everything has gone well. I’m looking forward to meeting them.”
    in old ass bum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is this even normal?
    the players have more power than ever, so .. yeah

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the players have more power than ever, so .. yeah
    You mean player's uncles, not players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean player's uncles, not players.
    fair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything we now know about the Kawhi Leonard Saga (but wish we hadn’t asked)

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018...-antonio-spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that I got out of that article was a constant refusal to play basketball on his part. He basically just stayed quiet and refused to play basketball. I would not be overly confident if I was Toronto or anybody else he is going to suddenly re-discover his fire to play the game. Something is seriously wrong with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to sound like a broken record, but why can't Pop just come out and tell us? He may not "know", but he can tell the fans what Kawhi told him. I understand the need to avoid disclosing any less relevant or embarrassing personal details to himself. But the meat of the matter is not en led to any privacy.

Why does Kawhi's image or interest take precedence over the fans' interest? How many Kawhi jerseys did we have to buy to win that battle? How many interviews did we have to hear where Pop called Kawhi the franchise player? For it to be taken away so stupidly?

Think about it. Looking at this solely from the reporting by PAFTO, they have told the fans nothing. All the drama and background came from outside sources. The official PAFTO line is, we had a franchise player, he got injured and then we traded him. That's dog in terms of being fair to the fans. Just tell us Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^We would all like to know, but taking the classy route is a better move for the Spurs..they don't want to become an organization that looks like poison to other players, it's already tough enough to attract free agents, might as well get out of this fresh and portraying a pro-player at ude..

Walking away from this without any bitterness + taking in the "betrayed" DeRozan and making him feel welcome will be a big move for the Spurs to aid their image in the eyes of those with an agenda against them..

I'm sure Parker and/or Manu will drop bombs to a French/Argie reporter one day, anyways

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^We would all like to know, but taking the classy route is a better move for the Spurs..they don't want to become an organization that looks like poison to other players, it's already tough enough to attract free agents, might as well get out of this fresh and portraying a pro-player at ude..

Walking away from this without any bitterness + taking in the "betrayed" DeRozan and making him feel welcome will be a big move for the Spurs to aid their image in the eyes of those with an agenda against them..

I'm sure Parker and/or Manu will drop bombs to a French/Argie reporter one day, anyways
    What's the difference? No "African-American" superstar or star (with the possible exceptions of native Texans) was or is coming here anyway and the rest mostly base their decision on a combination of money/fit/location.

What that s bag did is literally the worst thing you can do in a team sport, which is abandon your teammates. This saga probably reinforced or cemented the perception the anti-Spurs brigade in the league had about them, but even to them I'd imagine that coward has to be the one taking the reputational hit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fair point. I do look forward to those inevitable bombs! But I wonder if there isn't some level of disclosure that can be made, that wouldn't poison the ability to attract desirable free agents that are otherwise Spurs-material. It's clear we won't be a destination for divas like Westbrook, the old Dwert, what have you. But at least for this Spurs fan, I don't want them.

In my personal view, Kawhi, influenced greatly (but not entirely) by his family, just grew tired of his employer and how they do things day-to-day, and the injury differences created additional adversity. So Kawhi acted like a stereotypical millennial and decided he wanted to promptly quit his job and ghost his employer; like so many of his generation with their McJobs. Except that those customs don't mesh well with NBA teams paying millions with grown-up contracts. I think Kawhi just doesn't have the maturity, wisdom or perspective to know better. He relies on his family's "judgment", for better or worse...

What's funny is that I do get it to some extent. Maybe the Spurs are cheap asses / micromanagers and could do more to let stars live star lives and have leeway. If that is true, maybe the Spurs could learn from this - not everyone shies away from the star treatment like Timmy or David. And I can see how fans don't get that because it isn't their daily lived experience.

But the trappings of success are important, even to the humble (or at least their families!). But the mature way to handle that is communication; not taking steps like Uncle D to cause a rift and burn bridges, but it's clear he had his own agenda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't agree. You make 20 million. If you want a limo, rent it yourself.
    a limo, he's got his 97' Tahoe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for sure.. one day soon too I'd imagine

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I feel vindicated for how I pronounced his name all these years and encourage y'all to do the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Have fun with Uncle Dennis, Toronto.
    Uncle D is setting an impossibly high bar for his nephew. At the end of the day, the Spurs found their limit and dumped him. To NBA Siberia. Leonard will need to perform at a MVP level for any franchise to want to put up with that stupidity.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop might ask them to wait until he retires, shouldn't be too much longer. This whole story will eventually come to light and Kawhi + uncle are going to look extremely bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever, the ol' sport and his uncle are just gonna make things worse for themselves in the long run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle D is setting an impossibly high bar for his nephew. At the end of the day, the Spurs found their limit and dumped him. To NBA Siberia. Leonard will need to perform at a MVP level for any franchise to want to put up with that stupidity.
    Uncle Dennis also mis-read why he's Kawhi is popular in China. He's popular in China because he plays for the Spurs. A team that is very popular outside the U.S.

Thread Information